Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Pump It Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

1380. PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:
According to yyr57695's walkthrough at GameFAQS, it says:

Edit Mode supports custom soundtracks, so you can create Pump steps to ANY song you can put on your Xbox!!

One problem: I can only edit songs on the PIU game itself and I can't figure out how to use Edit Mode on the songs on my hard drive. Help please!

I still would like to know what the deal is, please. Thanks.

So, I've kinda waited, like, a couple months for this question to be answered. E1.gif

That's because I haven't been around.

When you go to select a song, it should start on the Banya channel. Sort through to K-pop and pop and then you should come to songs on your harddrive.

If not, just post, and I will look for my PIU disc and check it out for myself. I haven't used it in like 3 months, but I think that is how its done.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Chewphoria
Trick Member
Trick Member

1381. PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~(^^)> Chewi~ wrote:
valius wrote:
鬼 ~RED~ wrote:
I realized you can put a flash drive into a PIU Pro and I want to know if you can put custom songs on it like ITG2?

I believe it's only for edits. Pro with an r21-like feature would be next to financial suicide. :o

laugh.gif So, I can make an edit to *song from PIU PRO* and be able to play it?

Trick Member
Trick Member

1382. PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir... I believe you must use SM to do it, though I can't foresee that being a problem.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1383. PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Magic edittttttttt! (lol)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1384. PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Saturday in Korea... a demonstration of NX2 is coming up with MS Goon (PIU stepmaker) hosting it. I'm very excited to see what revivals we got... and rumor has it that some of them are Seo Taiji songs!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1385. PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O

Awesome, a first look at NX2 <3

4.5x, anyone? XD
Trick Member
Trick Member

1386. PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not holding my breath for .5 speeds yet frown.gif 5x and 6x would be nice though, since NX apparently already had it.

Anyway,

http://www.piugame.com/tempst_bbs/ko/board_list.php?tbname=pumpitup&page=1&divpage=15&arrange=&ob=&no=80900

http://cafe206.daum.net/_c21_/bbs_read?grpid=133k4&mgrpid=&fldid=Efpm&page=1&prev_page=0&firstbbsdepth=&lastbbsdepth=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&contentval=001Gnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&datanum=4885

And some rumors for all of you to wonder about from a post by sixsilverstrings in pumpcore.com:

sixsilverstrings wrote:
Cross posted from Jason Dread's LJ:

I do not claim this information is 100% fact, but expect to have:
Taiji return with revivals and newer tracks of his
World Tour/Mission to return with an even greater emphasis on them as unlocks
3 New Yahpp songs, with 1 definitely being (another) sequel. I also believe another is going to be a cover of the William Tell Overture

For those of you who haven't played a Prex 2 or older before...

these are a few of the awesome Seo Taiji songs that were in Pump but had been gone for 6 mixes due to how expensive Taiji music is to license (the guy whose influence changed the Korean music industry):

I Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8em1w3KIFA

Unforgettable Memory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_zMXIh6Jk

Hayuga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQZwPTbZgJQ

Certain Victory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGCLeVx4KOo

Ultramania
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BykZNO5GCfA

I will be VERY surprised to see Taiji in this mix, tbh... considering how expensive the licensing must be for him...
Basic Member
Basic Member

1387. PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gasm wrote:
Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:
Nario wrote:
According to yyr57695's walkthrough at GameFAQS, it says:

Edit Mode supports custom soundtracks, so you can create Pump steps to ANY song you can put on your Xbox!!

One problem: I can only edit songs on the PIU game itself and I can't figure out how to use Edit Mode on the songs on my hard drive. Help please!

I still would like to know what the deal is, please. Thanks.

So, I've kinda waited, like, a couple months for this question to be answered. E1.gif

That's because I haven't been around.

When you go to select a song, it should start on the Banya channel. Sort through to K-pop and pop and then you should come to songs on your harddrive.

If not, just post, and I will look for my PIU disc and check it out for myself. I haven't used it in like 3 months, but I think that is how its done.

Still didn't work. :/ I went into Step Editor mode then I went through Banya, K-POP, and POP.
I found none of my songs and even checked to see if I had any songs and I do. Do I have to
play this specifically on Xbox and not Xbox 360? If so, that's just royally stupid because I don't
like the Xbox, nor do I have one. frown.gif

I <3 Selphie! <(^o^)>

MySpace - Nario
View users profile Send private message Send email
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1388. PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information from PumpHaven:

CONFIRMED NEW SONGS:
Wonder Girls - Tell Me
Pia - Vortex [hard rock has returned to PIU!]
Bada - VIP
Mina - Pick Up the Phone
Joanne - Shiny Day
Kil Gun - A. U. Ready
No Brain - You Fell in Love With Me
Sonic Dimension - Chopstix [ITG3/Pro]
Sonic Dimension - Groovin' Motion [ITG3/Pro]
Elpis - Dance Vibrations [ITG3/Pro]
BanYa Production - Guitar Man
BanYa Production - Beat the Ghost!
BanYa Production - Higgledy Piggledy
BanYa Production - Money
BanYa Production - Caprice on the Otada
BanYa Production - Can O Beat
BanYa Production - Monkey Fingers 2
Yahpp - Faster Z
Seo Taiji - ??? ["recent" Taiji song - confirmed to be included]

CONFIRMED SPECIAL STATION SONGS (very incomplete list):
Faster Z - Another Crazy [1100 mileage points]
Chimera - Another Crazy [with notes like Bemera!]
new notes for Mr. Larpus - Another Freestyle
V.I.P - Full Song

CONFIRMED REVIVALS:
BanYa - Miss's Story
BanYa - J Bong
BanYa - Get Up!
BanYa Remix - Final Audition Episode 1 & Chicken Wing

REMOVED SONGS:
BanYa - Blazing
BanYa - Pump Me Amadeus

NEW CHARTS:
BanYa - Point Break: Nightmare
U'Two - Guilty Conscience/Mistake: Nightmare (world tour chart with holds simplified to make a smaller max combo)

Now's the time to get a feel for the songlist E1.gif

EDIT: NX2 logo?

Trick Member
Trick Member

1389. PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not.

but best be careful, AM might be watching this page too laugh.gif somehow I doubt it though.
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1390. PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, found out it was a fake a little after I posted the above. Yeah, AM isn't likely to view a fan site dedicated to a rival rhythm game anyway... otherwise, I'd have been PMed and all of the songlist info would have been taken down like it was at BMS and PH.

Anyway, through a certain source, I can say that the real title is grittier looking than this cleancut image, but much more happening than the fake one is. E1.gif

The new interface is like the brainchild of Zero and NX... flashiness of Zero with functionality of NX.
Basic Member
Basic Member

1391. PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: mymybox shipping Reply with quote

Ok, I am new to all this bemani gaming stuff. I've been playing beatmania for sometime now, but I just got into Pump it Up, and enjoyed it a lot.

I want to have the experience at my home, but I am in a very tight budget.

I've heard the oficial PIU softmat is pretty good quality for the price. I see mymybox have it to sell (http://store.mymybox.com/piuspad2.html) , but I need to know... will mymybox ship it to Brazil?

Anyone knows if some store selling the PIU Softmat will ship it to Brazil?

If this isn't the best place to ask this question, can someone point to me a place where I can ask?

Thank you!
View users profile Send private message
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1392. PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great quality mats for the PC might be too difficult to find, but you may see some on ebay sometimes.

Exceed SE, the PS2 version, is easily found on ebay, but the mat with it is so-so (basically you'll have to make sure to keep it flat at all times). If you can take care of it, it's cheap, but I don't know how long it'll hold.

Although.... you're in Brazil, right? The PIU arcade scene in Brazil is very good, so I'm really surprised you haven't seen one in an arcade. You can look up locations in Brazil here: http://www.ph-online.net/locations/ I'm sure there's a machine nearby.

Some of the greatest Pump freestylers are from Brazil E1.gif
Contributor
Contributor

1393. PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NX2 has started to ship world wide. Someone in Brazil got a version from andamiro USA.

WorldMax looks like it has a great learning curve, and some awesome content. There's still arcade station for just grabbing a song and going, but most of the content is in WorldMax.

As an example, this chart is from about halfway through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkEqmBS3S2E

De Ja Vu full Nightmare, mission objective: survive.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1394. PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so one of my friends(you might know him, he goes by tsuri on here and kuhazen on ph-online) got a PIU SX cab and Premiere 2 recently. Its pretty awesome(it's 25 cents) and he is probably gonna upgrade to NX2 once he makes enough money to upgrade. Anyhow, its really awesome to finally have a PIU near by(although i have an NX ghetto DX not too far out, the bads suck and it now lacks bars).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Yeehaw McKickass
Contributor
Contributor

1395. PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk to Kuhazan all the time, I was watching the ebay auction he won and we keep an eye out along with Ho-Man. I really wish I could get out to play his TWENTY FIVE CENT modded premiere 2, but I'm on call for weekends.

He showed me the pictures of the Craig's Cruzers DX before. Interesting mod that can be done with any pump.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1396. PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeehaw McKickass wrote:
I talk to Kuhazan all the time, I was watching the ebay auction he won and we keep an eye out along with Ho-Man. I really wish I could get out to play his TWENTY FIVE CENT modded premiere 2, but I'm on call for weekends.

He showed me the pictures of the Craig's Cruzers DX before. Interesting mod that can be done with any pump.

yeah basically the craigs DX machine blows. he's probably told you about the weird glitch it has where the pads dont work for the first few seconds of a song....really frick up your grades if the song starts with a hold(chimera hard really sucks on it)

but yeah, kuhazens machine is glorious. perfect pads(better than almost any pads ive played on besides the less than 2 months old FX cab pads i played on at disney quest last march), amazing price, and a solid mix. He also said he'd consider keeping it at 25 cents if he upgrades to NX2, and even tho NX2 has that little 2 stage+1 bonus thing, that's still really sweet.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ǝɥʇʎɔs
Trick Member
Trick Member

1397. PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so they recently put in a PIU nearby. I went to try it-and I honest to God could not figure out how to select the bloody difficulty. It just let me select the number of players and took me right to the songs. Either I completely missed something, or I really, really need someone to explain the interface to me.
Because that there is complicated.

valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1398. PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... do you remember the color of the interface or whether you see a video play when a song is highlighted or something like that? I can't tell which mix you're looking at from your description frown.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1399. PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna guess its something with a really broken and poopy interface, like PREX.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 70 of 73

Jump to: