Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

GH3: LoR (Activision sued over Wii/Mono-only sound)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

160. PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after playing rock band for considerable time at a friends house, i now officially hate GHIII. II isnt too bad still, but rock band is just such a better game than III. harmonix >> neversoft.
Trick Member
Trick Member

161. PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't go as far as to say i hate it, but i did forget about 3 after i played rock band.
Trick Member
Trick Member

162. PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might've heard that the Wii version only had Mono sound support, as mentioned earlier. Well, guess what?

They're getting sued over it.
View users profile Send private message
mrּselfּĐestruct
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

163. PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, the Romantics suing Activision for the cover of their song sounding "too good" is fucking ridiculous. Secondly, the asshat suing over the Wii being only in Mono claims that they're doing nothing to fix the problem, yet a few posts ago when we first head about it, the poster said that Activision is planning on replacing the discs at no charge.

Seriously though, this guy needs to be shot. Oh my god!! You've suffered huge amounts of mental anguish because your copy of GH3 on Wii is only in mono, which I'm sure was on purpose because Activision hates you personally.

Get a life
Trick Member
Trick Member

164. PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have GH3 for the 360 and was curious if anybody played online and wanted to play a match or two sometime with me..i'm just gettin tired of random ranked matches laugh.gif

I usually play on Medium but I dont really mind Hard or Expert..I just usually hate the orange fret
Trick Member
Trick Member

165. PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would play, but i just got rock band for xmas... prolly wont be putting GH in any time soon.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

166. PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that Rock Band is just a much more FUN game.
Trick Member
Trick Member

167. PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be much love at all for GH3, so i'll have to bump up the topic and should really say the updates for people that are playing rock band instead :X

- Classic rock track pack available for 500 points, "Any Way You Want It" by Journey, "Peace of Mind" by Boston, "Jukebox Hero" by Foreigner..I recommend this pack

And I hate missing one note on songs. :/ Pic 1, Pic 2

I would post the score on scorehero, but i've been banned for pretty much posting scores or something..lol
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

168. PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the reasons people (on here anyway) have been drifting away from GH3 towards Rock Band are the updates. I mean, GH3 came out first and there's been 4 packs of new song (I'm not counting the boss battle pack), a Halo theme remix, a christmas song (not knocking We Three Kings mind you), and 3 individual songs that no one I know has heard of. I was poking around Rock Band's add-on on Marketplace the other day and dear god.. just the add-on's alone made me wanna go out and buy RB right then. Not only did they have more song pack, but BETTER ones (in my opinion anyways).

Don't get me wrong, I still love GH3, but I can see why people are migrating towards RB.

And hey Gackt, I just got on Xbox Live, so if you wanna hit me up for some GH3 my gamer tag is xXthefragileXx. Although looking at your scores on DWDTG you'll probably kick my ass =P
Trick Member
Trick Member

169. PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its also just the general polish and presentation of the game. everything looks nicer and runs smoother; especially on-stage character animations. everything about the game just makes it feel higher quality (except maybe for the quality of the instruments :-/ )

plus, a lot of the note charts on GHIII are pretty crap, IMO. they're like the ITG of guitar games. i can see how some people would like it (like those who thought jordan was too easy), but they're just generally awkwardly made, and most are just not that fun to play.

as a side note, for a glimpse at what the devs thought would be fun, they have achievements where you have to play with the controller, play with the sound turned off, and fail a song. it shows the kind of mindset they have, and shows that they really don't connect with the kind of audience that enjoys these kinds of games. and i think that's the big reason rock band is so much more popular: people are just having more fun with it.

</propoganda>
Trick Member
Trick Member

170. PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the appearance of guitar hero 3 is like a buncha business men looked at guitar hero 2, said "how can we make this more what the kids want," and made it. They tried so hard to copy everything guitar hero did, i think they could and should have added a lot more. Character creation, some playstation eye options, and maybe something to mix up 1 player a little bit(i swear, all 1 player modes in music games fail to entertain me). I thought they had a few decent ideas(like battle mode, even tho it was poorly executed), but overall, guitar hero feels like it has no sould.

Rock band, on the other hand, feels like guitar hero brought to the next level. Considering the only reason i got guitar hero 3 was for that amazing guitar(seriousely, red octanes new les pauls are amazing pieces of plastic) says a lot and im not quite sure if i'll be getting guitar hero 4 or not. i think one thing that could really save the guitar hero franchise is focusing the game on, well, guitar heroes. Legends of Rock my buttocks, theres no legendary guitarists on that game besides eric johnson and santana. And guitar hero desperately needs more songs by legendary guitarists. The "battle mode" tracks were good ideas as well, incorperate artists to make a custom guitar focused song for the game. i think if guitar hero manages to offer a gameplay experience i cant get on rock band, then it will live. But as it stands, im pretty sure rock band is the clear winner of the "Rock Music games."
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: