Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Pad Adapter Thread (consoles ONLY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crunchewy
Trick Member
Trick Member

120. PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't test it on a Wii as I don't have one, but I do have a Gamecube and Mario Mix and use the Mayflash "Cube Joybox Pro" with my Ignition 3.0 pads and it works perfectly. I don't have a Cobalt Flux so can't test that pad with it, though. Unfortunately play-asia.com is out of stock of the Cube Joybox Pro but I ordered one in that state a few months ago and eventually they got it in stock and shipped it. It's worth a shot. Wherever you buy it (if you can find it anywhere else), make sure that it says it is the version that supports dance pads. The older model didn't. Also, to enable dance pad mode you have to press Start + Select + Up on the dance pad after powering up.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-15-Cube%2BJoybox%2BPro-70-14p.html
View users profile Send private message
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

121. PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody tried the mymybox universal adapter they made?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
moltenice
Basic Member
Basic Member

122. PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got a Cube Joybox Pro to use my Cobalt Flux with Hottest Party, and it doesn't work. It acts as though I constantly press on the down arrow, though I'm not, which is exactly the same thing the Nyko Playcube adaptor I bought does. I guess there's some sort of difference between the Gamecube and the Wii when it comes down to the GC controllers. The packaging for the Joybox says it only works with Gamecube controller compatible games on the Wii...awesome. frust.gif Has anyone at all found a solution? I'm even considering modifying the included softpad if there's any way to make it work (anyone know anything about that?)...I don't want to waste my money on this game because I can't play it with my good pad!
dj HaQ
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moltenice, your problem sounds the same as when I try to connect mine to my PS3.

I hope the CF crew gets around to making PS3 control boxes or something. :[
Trick Member
Trick Member

124. PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First - did you set the Cube Joybox Pro into dance pad mode by pressing start-select-up on the cobalt flux?

If you did and it didn't work, perhaps you should try a standard soft PS2 mat (if you have one) with the Cube Joybox Pro to see if that works (even though that obviously isn't what you want to use.) I note that Red Octane does not list the Gamecube as being compatible with their hard dance platform even though they offer an adapter that does work with their Ignition 3.0 pads and the Gamecube. I don't know what would be different about a hard pad, but perhaps something is different and that makes the existing adapters incompatible with them? First, though, be sure you've tried the start-select-up mode thing.
moltenice
Basic Member
Basic Member

125. PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried putting the Joybox into dancepad mode, but it didn't do anything. It may have been that I got an older version that didn't support dance pads, though the description said it should have. Anyway, I decided to take a bit more hands-on approach...

Upon seeing these instructions to mod a 360 soft pad for use as a control box with the Cobalt Flux, I took apart the Hottest Party soft pad and, lo and behold, the innards are set up in the same manner. Therefore, i just followed the instructions and...

it works perfectly! E4.gif

It was easy to do, even considering that I have very little soldering experience. I can post pics if anyone wants clarification...
gangrene
Basic Member
Basic Member

126. PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Moltenice! I am really glad to hear that someone found this useful!

I tried to get my wife to buy it for me, but she has so far denied me. Boo!

Oh well. E13.gif I'd be interested in seeing the pics if you feel like posting them!

Gangrene
tsukemono
Basic Member
Basic Member

127. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCSE wrote:
quick FYI: The Red Octane Universal Adapter for PS2->GC controller does NOT work for DDR: HP. It acts like it's always holding down a scrolling button.

Woe and misery. I just got mine in the mail today and found this out. How did I miss this post before I ordered? Oh well, that's about it for Hottest Party for me until I find a working adapter. The pack-in pads are unacceptable for my dodgy old knees biggrin.gif.
gangrene
Basic Member
Basic Member

128. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I finally got my hands on Hottest Party, and have started my Cobat Flux mod. You can see pictures here:

http://www.bunkerguts.com/blog/?p=95
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if it helps, the hottest party pad is a gamecube pad for all technical purposes.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
noother84
Basic Member
Basic Member

130. PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Joybox works perfectly on my Wii with my BNS Xtreme pads.
crunchewy
Trick Member
Trick Member

131. PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noother84 wrote:
The Joybox works perfectly on my Wii with my BNS Xtreme pads.

There is something different about the soft pads vs hard pads as, for example, Red Octane sells a "Universal" adapter that works with the Ignition soft dance pads, but it doesn't work with their Afterburner hard pad (and they told me so - I mean for the Gamecube, presumably the same for the Wii). I'm not sure why there is any difference, though.
mlrtime
Basic Member
Basic Member

132. PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, just wondering if there are any universal pads that will work with wii hottest party.

I just bought a Energy Series Deluxe Dance Pad that is supposed to work with PS/PS2/XBOX/PC and wii with an adapter. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks
snix
Basic Member
Basic Member

133. PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd like to get Wii DDR Hottest Party and use it with a better soft pad. My requirements: (1) high quality, (2) raised buttons, (3) verified to work with the Wii. The Red Octane Ignition pad is good quality and has raised buttons, but it doesn't work with the converter that Red Octane sells. Anyone know if using the Cube Joybox converter would work with the RO pad?

The other option I'm considering is BNS DX Xtreme Fusion Dance Pad w/Xtreme Dense Inserts (http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-ULTDX/ ) and using the Cube Joybox converter.

Any comments on these options? Anyone know of a third option? Thanks for any advice!
Chilly Cha Cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

134. PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsukemono wrote:
DarkCSE wrote:
quick FYI: The Red Octane Universal Adapter for PS2->GC controller does NOT work for DDR: HP. It acts like it's always holding down a scrolling button.

Woe and misery. I just got mine in the mail today and found this out. How did I miss this post before I ordered? Oh well, that's about it for Hottest Party for me until I find a working adapter. The pack-in pads are unacceptable for my dodgy old knees biggrin.gif.

I also ordered these adapters not knowing this - and that is correct - but that ONLY happens in the menu. My (unfortunate) workaround has been to unplug the PS2 connector from the adapter at the menu screens - start the song with the wiimote - plug the connector back into the adapter as the song loads - ddr the song - then as the results screen comes up unplug the connector again and use the wiimote on the menus until the next song is loading. It is a bit of a pain, BUT it works.
Bemani Dog
Trick Member
Trick Member

135. PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people here have the XFPS 360 adapter for Xbox 360 and use it for DDR? How well is it working out?
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

136. PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, and it works okay. The problem is I can't tell if the arrow press lag is due to the pad or the adapter itself because Universe and Universe 2 are POS.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Chilly Cha Cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orlando Rays wrote:
How many people here have the XFPS 360 adapter for Xbox 360 and use it for DDR? How well is it working out?
I have two (I was planning on using them for doubles), but they never worked with my cobalt fluxes. I used them for a while with my Red Octane Ignition 2.0 pads - they worked fine, but got frustrated with the soft pad (even considering it was an Ignition), so I finally just soldered my own 360 control box using the soft pad from Universe. Still angry that I bought two and that they didn't work with the cobalt flux pads.
ddeeaallzz
Basic Member
Basic Member

138. PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ughhh...what is the deal with Cobalt Flux? Are they practically out of business or what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but their pads only officially support Playstation 2 games?!?!

Am I the only one finding this ridiculous? That's like making a product today only compatible with SNES or something...a big market that'd be!

The DDR fans are smart enough to come up with all these homemade adapters for modern-day consoles, but I just want to buy an official simple adapter! Sell the adapters separately even and I'll buy them!

Why o why does Cobalt Flux not have Gamecube, XBOX, XBOX 360, Playstation 3, Wii adapters???????? Their entire company is based on 1 product, yet they're only selling it for one outdated console? CF is either planning on going out of business or they're the least intelligent company I have ever seen. So frustrated, as I want to play Hottest Party, but I'm not going to ruin my feet.
CookieFactory
Basic Member
Basic Member

139. PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On recommendation of some post I read on this forum, I got two of these:

http://www.keepgaming.com/ps3/M04196.htm

And they work perfectly on my PS3 with both the stock Konami dance-pad, and the BNS DX Xtreme Fusion pads I just got. These are the only two pads I've tested myself, but I would assume it would work for any PS2 dance-pad on the PS3.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: