Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Buying a Pop'n Machine

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtstew
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Buying a Pop'n Machine Reply with quote

So basically my long term plan is to save up money during the next couple of summers and buy a Pop'n Music machine. I'm considering buying Pop'n 14, listed here

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/music-dance_machines/Pop%27n_Music_14_Fever%21_6628.html

For some reason this website has 14 priced significantly cheaper than 13 and 12. $8180.48 USD. I've got a little over 5k in the bank right now. Assuming I dont actually purchase it until after pre-health school is over I'm betting that the price will drop a bit and I'll have made some more money by then. Dont want to drop my entire life's savings on a videogame, but I can take a dip out of it. 600+ songs I hear? Pop'n is by far my favorite, I figure I can get a bit of use out of having my own cabinet. Might even donate it to the local arcade and split the profits with the owner, since the place already has a fairly large Bemani following that are regulars there. Any further suggestions?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestions? Yeah.

Don't go to Coin-op Express.

And the prices won't dip on Coin-Op, like, ever.

Pop 'n 14 or 15 machines aren't going to be anywhere as hard to find as they were in the past few years. From what I hear, Konami apparently is offering brand new machines for $9000 for 16, and $6000 for the new hardware upgrade. For most arcade owners with an old 15 machine, the answer is obvious: spend extra $3000 for a brand new machine.

In fact, I've already heard of a few people picking up Pop'n 15 machines for 5k or under.

Although, the nice thing about Pop 'n is that is has I think the least amount of maintenance issues compared to the rest of the Bemani arcade games.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you suggest I go about purchasing a machine? If I could get a moderately recent Pop'n machine for less than 5k then I'd do it in a heartbeat. And how much might I expect for shipping?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: