Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Taiko no Tatsujin; worth getting imports?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Taiko no Tatsujin; worth getting imports? Reply with quote

I bought the US version about a year ago & found it to both be fun, but found the 30-ish songlist to be alittle to small for me (& most being meh. But come on! RIIIDDGGGEEE RACCCEERRR!) & the fact it doesn't matter if you hit on the right or left side (could've added more challenge). I've seen the DS, but haven't been hearing any reviews on it.

So, if it's cheap enough, I've decided to give it another chance. What would be a good game to start on? To my knowledge, there's like 9 of them for the PS2. Also, don't they also do anime songs (Isn't Hare Hare Yukai from Haruhi Suzumiya on one of them?)?

Based on the songlist that lists all the songs ever, I noticed these, thanks to the fact they've been on a Bemani game or Ouendan/2:

Glamorous Sky
Galaxy Express 999
Go!!!
もってけ!セーラーふく (The Lucky Star OP. I'd kill to play this. It appears to be on 10)
Train Train
Butterfly (pretty sure it's not the same one as on DDR)
Brand New World
Hot Limit (also not sure if it's the one on DDR)
One Night Carnival
View users profile Send private message
Opethian
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only played the PSP versions and there are alot of familiar songs from GF/DM

there are so many PS2 versions i gave up trying to find them all

Last edited by Opethian on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a PSP (though the increasing nember of imports are making me wish I did). What are the covers on the PSP versions that are also on GF/DM?

Right now, the only place that I can think of that'd have the series is Play-Asia....& maybe eBay, but I really don't trust them for this kind of stuff...

There's a special pack that has 3rd Generation & Animated Cartoon Festival (*GASP!* Anime songs!? & it's a PS2 The Best, so it's already $30) for the price of $60, so it's like getting 2 for the price of one. The DS one....MAYBE, but I've been hearing something about a glitch, but I think it's been fixed now, since it was reported so long ago. Plus, you get 2 free styli. Some of the other PS2 are either PS2 The Best, so they're $30, or the regular $50. I have HARDLY ANY money, since my mom hasn't been to work or will for 3 more weeks since she had surgery about 2 weeks ago.
joesushi
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US version of Taiko isn't bad for starting out (bundled with a drum). If your PS2 can play imports and have money to spend, grab either Wai Wai Happy Muyome or Toomori7daimei, each game will cost $50+ with shipping. I myself grabbed Wai Wai Happy with drum bundle and for me its been worth it.

I haven't played any of the portable versions so I can't really say if its worth getting or not.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got the US version, so I have the drum (why is it that the US versions always aren't as good, but the controllers are great & a good deal? I mean, look at BMUS!).

Do ya know where there's a songlist, besides the main site.....& I just feel kinda ripped of paying $50 for 48 songs...I mean, yeah, that's almost $1 a song, but I usually get about 80-ish to 90-ish songs when I get a GF/DM & Beatmania import.

Let's see, Wai Wai Happy Muyome has Glamorous Sky, something from Xevious, Naruto, Dr. Slump, & some others....While Toomori7daimei (the latest AC-port? But AC10 has Lucky Star.....) has stuff from THE IDOLM@STER (plus, they dance in the game!), Naruto, & has an Adventure Mode.

How import friendly is the series, seeing as Music Games usually are...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: