Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

All adaptor questions go here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigK
Basic Member
Basic Member

660. PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm fixed

Last edited by BigK on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

661. PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulz. THat pad sucks major buttocks.

Get a Cobalt flux or a BlueShark. or a Nexon (which is also the same name of the company that published Maplestory)
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
BigK
Basic Member
Basic Member

662. PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that doesn't really help <.<
i'm not spending another $430 total
aquavenger
Basic Member
Basic Member

663. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good USB adapter (either XBox or Playstation) that will work under a 64-bit Vista Ultimate? If it helps, my laptop is an HP Pavilion dv9000z.
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

664. PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I doubt this'll get answered, I got a Radioshack PS2-USB adapter & it doesn't register Left-Right & Up-Down combos. HOWEVER, it WILL register Up-Left, Up-Right, Down-Left, & Down-Right.....I can't help to think it might be something w/ SM itself....
kirbyrockz
Trick Member
Trick Member

665. PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oto, the reason it's modeled for this is because the PS2 controller itself does not support Up-Down or Left-Right. Imagine a PS2 controller's D-pad (what a pad mimics). You can press up-left, down-right, etc., right? Well, you can't press up+down or left+right. This is why. You'll have to find a better adaptor.

Check out my Simfiles at BMS!
View users profile Send private message Send email
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

666. PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. It only cost about $12, so I'll see if I can get a refund. I figured it was too good to be true...
SuperVietBoi
Trick Member
Trick Member

667. PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which adapter will work best with this dance pad? There's too many of em.

http://www.redoctane.com/ignitionpad.html

And don't tell me to get a blueshark. I don't got the money for that right now.
croyd
Basic Member
Basic Member

668. PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Cobalt flux. Which USB adapter? Reply with quote

From reading this thread, it looks like the Trio Linker Plus adapter is the best with the cobalt flux. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of production. Is there another USB adapter that is confirmed to work nicely with the cobalt flux?

Thanks
michelle9sd
Basic Member
Basic Member

669. PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Can't get parallel adapter to work with WinXP/CF/Laptop Reply with quote

I've looked through several forums trying to figure out how to get my CF to work with this parallel adapter that I bought from BuyNShop. I have heard of people getting it to work but somehow I can't figure it out.

I installed the NTpad drivers and when I go to test it in the Game Controllers section when I press the buttons on my pad it doesn't register. If I plug in a Playstation controller, the analog sticks register but the buttons do not. I set it to the dancepad feature to disable axis mapping and that doesn't help.

When I tested it in Stepmania, it was autofiring because it was scrolling through the menus when I wasn't pressing anything. Because of that I cannot map it properly because it keeps selecting stuff before I press a button.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work. I also tried the Key2Joy and when I double clicked on the icon it gave me some error message. I wanted to get that PSXPAD driver but all the links I find to that are to a site selling foam mattress pads.

If there is anyone who could help me get started (maybe on IM), I would really appreciate it. I have a fast enough computer system to run Stepmania and it is a laptop.

Thank you
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

670. PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links/names/pictures of your adapter could help.
michelle9sd
Basic Member
Basic Member

671. PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to the adapter.

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/45/VG-PS-PS2PC4/

Here's my system specs too:

Laptop Intel® Pentium® M 1.5 GHz/ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 64 MB/512 RAM/XP

If you need any other info let me know.

Thanks!
IXAM
Trick Member
Trick Member

672. PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get my Flux to register everything including most jumps but not Up+Down and Left+Right, why is that?
Basic Member
Basic Member

673. PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not read through all the pages on here because there are a lot, but I'm guessing my question has been asked.. but, I just wanted to ask again... If I get this adapter (or one of these) : http://www.stepmaniadl.com/wiki/USB_Adapters will it work with a PS1 dance pad and will this all work on a mac? I know things are assumed most of the time that you have a pc, so Im just wondering if it will work. I have stepmania on my computer, and its working well.. i just wanna know if the pad will work w/ the adapter so I can play w/ my feets E1.gif

Thank you!

E4.gif

Sorry I meant to put this link: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-15-ems-70-1b5.html

Disregard the link above, that just shows all the different ones they recommend etc.

Ok ok.. so I looked at it and it says its only good for PS2... I just wanna know which will work for PS1 lol ty! Sorry for being so slow and confusing... <3
croyd
Basic Member
Basic Member

674. PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: EMS USB2/WindowsXP SP2/2 Dance pads/Stepmania Reply with quote

I just received my EMS USB2 and I hooked it up to my laptop. I switched it to PC mode and installed the drivers fine. It seems to recognize that I have 2 pads connected.

However, when I run Stepmania, only the pad in the gun controller slot is recognized....which ends up being Joy 2 in Stepmania. If I pull out the dance pad in the gun controller slot, it recognizes the 2nd pad in the game controller slot as Joy 1. So the pads work in either slot if I have only 1 connected.

How do I get both to be recognized ? In XP it looks like it recognizes both.
I have Stepmania 3.9.exe and I am using EMS USB2 3.0 drivers. I have WindowsXP SP2.

Any help?

Thanks!
Croyd
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

675. PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered this bad boy from amazon a few days ago:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F6BGXY/

From the image provided, it looked like the super dual box. I got a black version in the mail but here's a break down:

-I didn't need to download any drivers.
-I did the "start+select" code for 3 seconds, no confirmation but the jumps worked!
-Both pads can be used at the same time without interfering the other (doubles baby).
-There's definitely some delay, but very hard to notice. No need to change the sync.
-Also, the seller is "Vista Gaming Products" but I'm using it on my XP right now.
Mark12
Basic Member
Basic Member

676. PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have the EMS adaptor and I figured it would work but it didn't. Ill try it again tomorrow. I have a CF btw.
Laid_back
Basic Member
Basic Member

677. PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two CFs hooked up to my PC with a Dragon PC Double Powerbox 2 (SAM-PCDPB2) on each control box.

For some reason these adapters work great when only one CF is hooked up to them. That is why I have one for each pad. If I try to hook up both pads to one adapter, neither pad will work at all.

I got it for 4 bucks plus shipping on eBay. There seems to be a tiny bit of lag, but nothing a small global offset change can't fix. It seems to be about the same as the newer CF control box with the PC/USB connector.

YMMV...
solidgoomba
Basic Member
Basic Member

678. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running on a mac and was wondering if the RedOctane ignition 3.0 or 2.0 will work on here, and if anyone knows where I could get the necessary drivers, and if this won't work, what would be my best bet as far as pads and adapters go? I just got into Stepmania, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
stella143
Basic Member
Basic Member

679. PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: ................ Reply with quote

Now I know how to work with my pad....
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: