Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Backwards symbol in names
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HumanBeing wrote:
Wouldn't it be a simple matter to restrict usernames to ASCII instead of the full Unicode character set using, for example, a script on the server side?

Then it wouldn't even be an issue, people could use it how they wanted in other ways etc etc...

Technical solutions are always best.

Doesn't phpBB have something to ban just phrases?

I would be pissed to not have my stickman-squid-octopus symbols.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the mods wanted to ban the symbol, they would just have to add it to the word filter. And since it's a single character, we wouldn't be able to circumvent the filter with formatting tags.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
Lenoh
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

大見解 DAIKENKAI DDR wrote:
HumanBeing wrote:
Wouldn't it be a simple matter to restrict usernames to ASCII instead of the full Unicode character set using, for example, a script on the server side?

Then it wouldn't even be an issue, people could use it how they wanted in other ways etc etc...

Technical solutions are always best.

Doesn't phpBB have something to ban just phrases?

I would be pissed to not have my stickman-squid-octopus symbols.

QUICK
DO IT
DO IT NOW

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Cartoonist
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA Bob wrote:
If the mods wanted to ban the symbol, they would just have to add it to the word filter. And since it's a single character, we wouldn't be able to circumvent the filter with formatting tags.

Really? Looking in Notepad, I noticed it was actually like 3-5 characters long. o_o
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cartoonist wrote:
AA Bob wrote:

Really? Looking in Notepad, I noticed it was actually like 3-5 characters long. o_o

thats because you pasted the alt code for it not the actualy symbol itself
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

25. PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HumanBeing wrote:

You make the non-english users cry. Not to mention the Daikenkai person who quoted you on the next page...

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the current hack to keep people form useing the backward symbol has had the unintended effect of reversing the join date and location under the name

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127599&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=31
for an example of what i mean

and for the record im useing what ever the newest build of firefox is (and fucking hating it)
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: