Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Updating the Machine

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItsDrew
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Updating the Machine Reply with quote

So I went to the arcade today and had the chance to update the machine but it said that my USB drive did not contain the update?

I had it in the following two places at the time

after I gave up trying to get it to update I got a noname error on my card when I tried to play a game so maybe it wasn't reading my card correctly? I really couldn't think of anything else that would be wrong other than me being a moron and putting it in the wrong place or it just not reading my card correctly..

Help?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the update be out of the ITG2 folder? =\
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://inthegroove.com/page/Machine_Updates

This page might help.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
Shouldn't the update be out of the ITG2 folder? =\

I thought so but when it didn't work before I put it in both to make sure and tried it again with no luck.

Jim Raynor wrote:
http://inthegroove.com/page/Machine_Updates

This page might help.

Not really I already got the patch there and put it where it told me and did the update procedure there with no luck..

someone on RGcanada who updated a machine said that the machines actually don't like some cards and won't read it off one drive while the same file on someone elses drive works fine so I guess I'll try a couple drives next time.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because the update is on there twice. Try leaving it only in the first place (the way it is in the first pic)
yagsimit69
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the machine might not be able to get an update, if that's the case you need to get the new harddrive.

View users profile Send private message
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if it's an early dedicab you may not be able to update it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its originally an R14 Dedicab so thats not it I'm going in an hour or so to try to update it with a different USB so we will see what happens.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of an R14 dedicab riiight.gif Can someone explain to me what it is? All I've heard is that it's really early or something like that.

Edit: Actually, there isn't even an R14 update on inthegroove.com. That's weird.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dedicab was R11 when we got it..

I think..

anywayz yeah..
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Emptyeye
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VivaLaMoo wrote:

Edit: Actually, there isn't even an R14 update on inthegroove.com. That's weird.

This is because R14 was an absolute debacle that Roxor and their fanboys/apologists want you to forget ever existed. As in, it literally made the game unplayable.

So here's a question. The nearest machine to me is a hacked R8. Is it true that if the machine is upgraded, all the hacked content goes *poof*? I imagine this is what's keeping people from upgrading it to something other than R8 (That and it's an upgrade, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore).

My Recall- Now with actual, real arcade scores! O.o
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would delete it necissarily.

Just the program would not be told to go look for other songs besides what is built into the game. I don't believe there is complete hard drive wipe when you install an update.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emptyeye wrote:
So here's a question. The nearest machine to me is a hacked R8. Is it true that if the machine is upgraded, all the hacked content goes *poof*? I imagine this is what's keeping people from upgrading it to something other than R8 (That and it's an upgrade, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore).

Depends on how the machine is hacked.

If it uses the Static.ini method (make a new Static.ini file that contains "[Options]" and then under it "AdditionalFolders=/custom/,/itgdata/custom/"; remember to cache before uploading songs), then the machine should update fine without losing any hacked content.

If the hacker just edited the StepMania.ini that already existed, then the hacked content will go poof. Also, I don't know if using edits instead of caching is an option anymore in r16 or higher, but no one has ever tried it that I know of because caching works so much better.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
duskwolf
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've unpacked a couple of updates, and all the ones I've seen have just replaced a few files. IIRC, they're either zip files or something similar, containing the new files and a script to install the update.

Worst case, running the update will overwrite one of the .ini files and you'll have to edit it again. Big whoop.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: