Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane Ignition v3.0 (PS/Xbox/PC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

600. PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Re?)Stickied since it's still a widely-used controller..
View users profile Send private message
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

601. PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been about three months since my last post, and I wanted to give a brief update. Playing on Heavy mode on Stepmania, my 3.1 pad's held up well. I've made it a point not to do hard 10+ songs on it because I want it to last. Basically everything for Legend of Max back in terms of difficulty has been perfectly alright, though, so I guess the verdict is as long as you give the pad lots of T.L.C. (that's "tender loving care", you jerks E15.gif ) and flatfoot the songs, it seems to do okay.

Then again, I'm willing to be a bit more kind with my review since I won my pad instead of buying it. Also, I usually play at the arcade, not at home.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
meander
Trick Member
Trick Member

602. PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost all of my arrows stick now, its really annoying. cant really even play anymore. im also not done building my hard pad and its killing me to not play E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

603. PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im wondering if theres hope in fixing it, as i did really like this pad, or if i should cannibalize the controller for the pad im building. only thing i havent bought for it is the controller yet... it would save me $20 since i need an xbox controller.
Trick Member
Trick Member

604. PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering... Even though Universe hasn't come out for 360 yet... Does the usb connector enable it to work through the 360? Cause I don't think you're gonna need the bumper buttons on the pad to play it. And as long as you got your basic directions you know what i mean? I'll test it tomorrow.

View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
SilasX
Contributor
Contributor

605. PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this would be the best place to post this. I did a search on Ignition and Double and nothing like what I'm about to say came up, and this isn't mentioned in the doubles FAQ on this site, so I figured I could post it here.

I have a great solution for how to keep the pads from separating on doubles with the Red Octane Ignition, and I've been using it for the last two months. Basically, all you have to do clip the bottom hems (where they touch) together, using four blanket pins (basically, heavy-duty safety pins you can find in hobby shops). I took some pictures too:

Bottom view

Side view

The pins are circled in red.

What's great about this is, as you can see from the side view, since all the pins are along one line, you can just fold it back up when you want to put it away compactly. Plus, you can indefinitely swap out new pads without having to get new pins.

As for how well it holds together, here's a video of me doing Paranoia Evolution on Heavy. Yeah, sound is out of sync. Don't know why it does that when I upload.

Thanks to my parents who figured this out. Hope I didn't re-invent the wheel...
Trick Member
Trick Member

606. PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that seemed to work really well. You must have your pads pretty secured to the floor too for them not to have moved at all.

The CF looks out of place compared to the two crapola Ignitions you're playing on. Good pads don't belong with bad ones.
Contributor
Contributor

607. PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psisar wrote:
Wow, that seemed to work really well. You must have your pads pretty secured to the floor too for them not to have moved at all.

Actually, it will surprise you to learn that it is not secured to the floor when I play; I just set it down and start. It's just that the combined mass, plus the greater contact area, plus the pins' tendency to "snag" carpet, makes it very resistant to movement. But if you compare the beginning shot to the end, you'll see that it has slid a bit, and when I play, I have to re-adjust every few dances. It probably won't be much of a problem to find a solution to that some time.

Quote:
The CF looks out of place compared to the two crapola Ignitions you're playing on. Good pads don't belong with bad ones.

Yes, I certainly seem to take a lot of flak in my life for preferring the Ignition to a CF. Sorry, the Ignition is just a lot easier on my feet, back, and ears.

Perhaps it's just that you have to play with a bar to get the most out of the CF, or that my CF came with the panels sort of bowing out.

Any chance Red Octane needs someone to model their Ignition line? nerd.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

608. PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilasX wrote:
It probably won't be much of a problem to find a solution to that some time.

When I had mine, I bought some velcro tape (the side with the teeth on it) and taped it with duct tape to the bottom of the pad. Works great on carpet.
Contributor
Contributor

609. PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay not to belabor the point, but I made this video about the same time as the Paranoia one, and it puts a lot more stress on the connection, so I thought I'd link it too. Here you go.

Unlike the others, the sound quality is worse and has a stupid water mark because of Canon's lousy software, but at least it's in sync this time.
Trick Member
Trick Member

610. PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suggestion: sell your CF on the market place thread. also, be sure to say when you got it. trust me E13.gif

o and dont bare feet hurt on a ignition pad? i also get like a really bad burns/blisters on my feet from using ignitions made of that material.
Contributor
Contributor

611. PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPFL~Raybe~ wrote:
suggestion: sell your CF on the market place thread. also, be sure to say when you got it. trust me E13.gif

Say when I got it?

Quote:
o and dont bare feet hurt on a ignition pad? i also get like a really bad burns/blisters on my feet from using ignitions made of that material.

That hasn't been my experience. That's how I prefer to dance. I used to wear socks, but barefoot is a little better.

Call me weird.
Trick Member
Trick Member

612. PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know a site I can purchase a 2.0 ignition pad?
Other than amazon?
Idk if I want to trust the companies on it, I can't afford to get screwed over a $80 pad
pooface
Trick Member
Trick Member

613. PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did what another guy here did, which is cutting out the foam from the corner arrows and putting it where the regular arrows are. It works pretty well, for the time being. I just played about 6 songs on it, getting a B on Max 300, which is pretty normal for me. My up arrow is ghosting pretty badly, and I'm gonna go back in and make sure i covered all the parts of the sensor that aren't being covered by foam. I make an X and O felt out of a piece of felt i had laying around.
Dan Druff
Trick Member
Trick Member

614. PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this work on XBOX 360 or PlayStation 3 via USB? PlayStation 3 seems more lenient with USB peripherals, and the PS2-USB adaptor supposedly works on PlayStation 3 as well.
HumanBeing
Trick Member
Trick Member

615. PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPFL~Raybe~ wrote:

No. No they don't. The foam inserts actually cushion your feet more than anything else. I'd think it would actually hurt less than other pads because of the cushioning foam inserts. I can't say I've ever had burns or blisters from using a red octane ignition. Nope!

It also has worked flawlessly and perfectly since I first got it. It works a lot better than my previous pad, which was actually more expensive than the RedOctane Ignition and also which was flaky from day one.

I am really satisfied with the RedOctane Ignition.

While you don't have the bar you could use for balance/support/etc, you can do two things with the Ignition that are harder to do on a metal pad and that is you can slide your feet to arrows and you can easily hit two arrows with a single foot. That makes some of the jumps easier if you do that.
selym
Basic Member
Basic Member

616. PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i looked through this thread to look for my problem but I might have missed it... is there any place I can download a driver for the Red Octane 3.0... cause I plugged in the USB to the computer and it's not recognize the USB device.
Aliendaycare
Basic Member
Basic Member

617. PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What OS are you running?
If it's anything greater than Win2K then you really really don't need (can't get?) drivers.
I would first try using a different port on your PC (swap with your KB or mouse), failing that, try the pad on another computer, and if that doesn't work, you might even go so far as to try the pad on a different platform (PS2, etc.) I think running those tests in order should narrow it down for you.

- Aliendaycare
selym
Basic Member
Basic Member

618. PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pad works fine on my PS2, I remembered that I could hook it up to my computer with the USB adapter it came with so I tried that and my computer popped up a message saying it did not recognize the device
Aliendaycare
Basic Member
Basic Member

619. PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This error message also comes up for me occasionally for other USB peripherals (printer, thumb drive).
Which of the other tests have you tried and which version of Windows are you running?

- Aliendaycare
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 31 of 36

Jump to: