Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Report on music games from DPad
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyvoxlover
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

One of the local places I play DDR at has a GF 1st mix, and I overheard someone say "it's some kind of lame guitar hero knockoff" despite the "(c) 1998" on the header. Why? because it's what they know, and anything beyond that is too obscure.

Amen brother!

And yep why they didnt mention WPF is beyond me.

(To be honest, Im glad Pump never went mainstream, there is a MASSIVE social difference between Pump and DDR players).

Official UK Pump Leader Supporter
Pump It Up & Dancegame site > > > http://www.myspace.com/pumpstreetuk
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, wish that there would be more organized DDR competition.

I love competition. I love competing, I love running tournaments, I love every aspect of both, and I hope people enjoyed playing in the Expert division at Javits last year...I'd love to do that again.

But I do second one of the things that was mentioned already. It may have been exciting for ME, and for everyone else who "got it," to watch from the sidelines, but a tech tournament just isn't all that fun to watch if you don't know what's going on...
...and that's why we need more FREESTYLE tournaments, and freestyle players!

Also: we just need Konami to flat-out make the game more difficult. If everyone can potentially AAA everything, then it just comes down to who hits a Great and "screws up" first. Either Marvelous needs to be added to normal play, or we need Expert steps a la ITG, or both. Otherwise, we need inventive stuff to keep things challenging, like forced or incentived mods, or tournaments with Edit steps or unique structures.

I already have a number of ideas for this year, but I'm not sure what I'll be able to actually use...will we have SuperNOVA 2? If so, will it have memory slots? If not SN2, will we have ITG2 R21? Some standardization would be nice, along with the features necessary to support advanced tournament play...the lack of memory slots on SN really, really hurts.

Also, I'm curious as to who runs the DDRchallenge.com site mentioned in the article.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyr wrote:
I love competition. I love competing, I love running tournaments, I love every aspect of both, and I hope people enjoyed playing in the Expert division at Javits last year...I'd love to do that again.

I certainly loved it, and you did a really good job running it. (I also love running tournaments, I think I've ran more than I've entered, haha)

yyr wrote:
But I do second one of the things that was mentioned already. It may have been exciting for ME, and for everyone else who "got it," to watch from the sidelines, but a tech tournament just isn't all that fun to watch if you don't know what's going on...
...and that's why we need more FREESTYLE tournaments, and freestyle players!

Also: we just need Konami to flat-out make the game more difficult. If everyone can potentially AAA everything, then it just comes down to who hits a Great and "screws up" first. Either Marvelous needs to be added to normal play, or we need Expert steps a la ITG, or both. Otherwise, we need inventive stuff to keep things challenging, like forced or incentived mods, or tournaments with Edit steps or unique structures.

I think just adding marv. to normal gameplay would be enough at least temporarily, but eventually it's going to require more difficult patterns as well.

I personally like the game as is, and I pretty much accept there isn't going to be much chance for it "getting huge"
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: