Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The "Official" Pop'n Music Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1240. PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backslider wrote:

As for the ASC, that would be the "controllica" ASC. The Desktop Arcade ASC could be found at DesktopArcade.com.

has anyone ordered a IIDX controller from him? I'm thinking about getting one, but I want to know how arcade perfect and nice they are
Trick Member
Trick Member

1241. PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'm looking at either Pop'n 8, 9, or 12 Iroha (only ones that I know the songlist for). Do I REALLY need to get an ARC controller, cuz I don't feel like spending $200 JUST for a controller....Yeah, they look cool, but that's just too much...

Anyways, is 8, 9, &/or 12 Iroha good for beginners? I'm already got DDR, GF/DM, & BM, so I wanna get Pop'n to go along w/ them. Plus, whacking 9 big, colorful buttons to music sounds fun!

Also, what anime themes can I play on CS games? I know 12 has 6 anime songs (Neon Genesis Evangelion, DBZ, Shin-Chan, & 3 others I haven't heard of).

& How did Konami get The Super Mario Bros. Background Music for 14/Fever
View users profile Send private message
Backslider
Trick Member
Trick Member

1242. PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoniku wrote:
Do I REALLY need to get an ARC controller, cuz I don't feel like spending $200 JUST for a controller....Yeah, they look cool, but that's just too much...

Anyways, is 8, 9, &/or 12 Iroha good for beginners? I'm already got DDR, GF/DM, & BM, so I wanna get Pop'n to go along w/ them. Plus, whacking 9 big, colorful buttons to music sounds fun!

Let's put it this way...

If you DON'T get an ASC, you WON'T be whacking 9 big colorful buttons.

As far as which game to get. I suggest getting one that is bundled with a mini controller. I bought the Pop'n Music 10 w/mini controller bundle. 10 ended up being a good beginning one for me, and having the mini controller gave me something to play on until I bought my ASC.

If you don't get a bundled one you'll have to eventually get a mini controller or ASC if you want to play the way it's meant to be played. Until then you'll have to rely on a ps2 controller.
TheWertle
Trick Member
Trick Member

1243. PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone cares but the location test for Popn Music 15 Adventure just started this past friday and is going until next sunday. I went on friday and waited in line for about 4 hours to play so if anyone has any questions or anything i can probably answer them
Trick Member
Trick Member

1244. PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that PoMu has the most in-house contributors (full & side). Is it true, or either IIDX or GF/DM has more than it?
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

1245. PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry, wrong thread. riiight.gif
DS
Trick Member
Trick Member

1246. PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played Pop'n before, but I've seen numerous videos and have seen so much praise about it. I'd love to try it, but I know no one who has a home version, and I am extremely doubtful that there is an arcade version anywhere I could try. The games seem awful expensive, as well as the controllers, but I want to try it so much! Should I try to save up my money so I can buy it and see how well I like it?
Faded_Memories
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

1247. PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS wrote:
and I am extremely doubtful that there is an arcade version anywhere I could try.

We have an 8th at my arcade in St. Joseph, MO.

Memories Games
1906 N. Belt Highway

816-364-GAME
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Faded_Memories
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

1248. PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For as rare and popular as Pop'n machines are, we are surprised by the lack of play on the 8.

It is also rather disconcerting that people aren't even talking about our Pop'n Fever. (Coming soon.)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
MadVash2005
Trick Member
Trick Member

1249. PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marq(uistadorous) wrote:
Backslider wrote:

As for the ASC, that would be the "controllica" ASC. The Desktop Arcade ASC could be found at DesktopArcade.com.

has anyone ordered a IIDX controller from him? I'm thinking about getting one, but I want to know how arcade perfect and nice they are

I ordered one from Desktop Arcade and it's been reliable for me since late Jan '06. They're 100% arcade perfect as far as positioning and size of the buttons are concerned.

In other news, I played PoMu 15 yesterday E4.gif !
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Larrikin
Contributor
Contributor

1250. PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faded_Memories wrote:
For as rare and popular as Pop'n machines are, we are surprised by the lack of play on the 8.

Quote:
St. Joseph, MO

That could be a reason. I thought most Bemani players were concentrated on the coasts.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1251. PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*SIIIGGHHH* I can't find anywhere *trustworthy* to buy a *normal* Pop'n controller. Play-Asia doesn't have any...& I don't really think I wanna try Ebay...
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

1252. PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiousity, does PoMu have its own Extra Stage system? If yes, how does it work?
Zonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

1253. PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, I don't think there is one, which is strange, cuz DDR, IIDX, & GF/DM have extra stages...
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

1254. PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

build one. no really, it will only cost you about $100 and 10 hours of work.

google up how to build a pop'n music controller.

but if you REALLY cant make a controller, i hear desktop arcade and ransai make good ones. check out the marketplace thread, as i oft see them for sale around $150.
Contributor
Contributor

1255. PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPFL~Raybe~ wrote:

but if you REALLY cant make a controller, i hear desktop arcade and ransai make good ones. check out the marketplace thread, as i oft see them for sale around $150.

Has the button price gone down because I remember a few years ago by the time you got the right buttons (since you aren't buying in bulk) and the wood it was about the same as a Ransai or DA
Trick Member
Trick Member

1256. PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are extra stages in popn, usually achieved by getting a certain number of points during normal play. They're also pretty essential right now for 15 if you want to play any of the EX's because you have to play them in Extra Stage first before you can unlock them for normal play.

In other news, the new Castlevania Medley is awesome but it sucks having to unlock it every time.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1257. PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPFL~Raybe~ wrote:

YEEAAAHHHH, I'm looking for something in the $50's range...Though that building sounds interesting...
B4ULoveShine
Trick Member
Trick Member

1258. PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did an Initial D song show up in past installments? One of my PoMu dreams includes playing Night of Fire in an AC.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

1259. PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crappy PNM mini controllers cost $50+shipping on play-asia.

really, if you can build a controller, do so. it will be right around $100, but if you want the real PNM experience you have to build one.

heres a nice guide.
http://bantheinter.net/asc/

i plan on building one once i get some money.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65

Jump to: