Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octane Afterburner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

860. PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterGibbons316 wrote:
So I bought 2 Afterburners back in February of this year and now after 9 months of play one of the pads is starting to miss steps. I took off the arrows to see if the copper tape was messed up and it didn't seem too bad which makes me think it is a loose connection somewhere.

Obviously it's long past the warranty so I don't have any problem opening it up and checking it out for myself. I have some friends that are electrical engineers so I think that if I could just find the problem I could get it fixed myself.

What is the best way to get access to the wiring to check a loose connection?

If they're still making them out of rusty metal, that's the problem. A few people here had Afterburners that were made from rusty metal, and problems like this happened to all of them.
Basic Member
Basic Member

861. PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's definitely stainless steel.

I'm having problems with the down and left arrows and when I took off the down and right arrows - the copper on the right arrow looked worse than that of the down. Which leads me to believe the metal pad mod won't fix my problem. frown.gif
Rictor
Basic Member
Basic Member

862. PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So UPS delivered my Afterburner pad today and I plugged it into my PS2 and it didn't register. I tried it on my Xbox and it works fine. I assume this is a control box issue? RedOctane customer support is gone on the weekends, so I have to wait until Monday to heard back from them. Anyone know if this is a common issue? Obviously, I'm not too impressed with the Afterburner so far.

Last edited by Rictor on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Rictor
Basic Member
Basic Member

863. PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple other questions:

1. Can anyone give me a link to a page that gives proper maintenance and cleaning tips for the Afterburner?

2. Does everyone actually wear shoes while using this pad? I find it's a lot easier to play with just socks on as I'm used to using foam pads. Anyone hurt themselves doing this? Maybe I could wear two pairs of socks for added cushioning?
PeterGibbons316
Basic Member
Basic Member

864. PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with shoes, with just socks or barefoot I stub my toes on raised sections.
Rictor
Basic Member
Basic Member

865. PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no response from customer support as of today (Tuesday). I opened another ticket and sent them the number of my original ticket. Anyone know if there is a customer service phone number? I can't seem to find one on the site. If I don't hear anything back by tomorrow, I want to call them and get this taken care of.
Mixel Plix
Trick Member
Trick Member

866. PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rictor wrote:
I've got a couple other questions:

1. Can anyone give me a link to a page that gives proper maintenance and cleaning tips for the Afterburner?

2. Does everyone actually wear shoes while using this pad? I find it's a lot easier to play with just socks on as I'm used to using foam pads. Anyone hurt themselves doing this? Maybe I could wear two pairs of socks for added cushioning?

i play in socks i did hit my foot on the center a few times but it didnt really hurt..the screws might catch your socks though so be careful.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rictor
Basic Member
Basic Member

867. PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, I forgot to contact customer support today...too busy worrying about other things. So it's been 5 days since I used their support form for the first time. Sigh. I'm done purchasing any products from this company. At this rate there's no chance I'll have a working pad before Christmas.
Rictor
Basic Member
Basic Member

868. PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I heard back from RedOctane on the 14. Here's the e-mail customer support sent me:

http://www.redoctane.us/support-center/index.php?mod_id=2&kb_keywords=warranty
Patty
Customer Service
Support Center

http://www.redoctane.us/support-center/

That's it, a link to the warranty page. So even though my DDR pad was dead on arrival, they expect me to make a claim under the warranty rather than fix their mistake before my warranty begins. I didn't break the pad, it never worked! So I filled out the warranty form and finally today I received a return authorization number. I have to mail my control box to them AT MY EXPENSE to be repaired and wait 3 weeks to receive it back. So almost 2 months of my warranty will be wasted by the time I get to use my Afterburner pad, assuming the control box even works when they return it to me.

This is hands down the worst customer service I have received from any video game company I've ever dealt with. Any other company would ship you out replacement parts immediately at their expense and probably wouldn't even make you return the defective part. I've dealt with Nintendo.com and they're awesome about taking care of their customers. RedOctane is definitely not getting any more of my business, and as much as I like the Guitar Hero series, I'm seriously considering boycotting it in the future as well.
yossi007
Basic Member
Basic Member

869. PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: A simple quick question... Reply with quote

Which one is better, RedOctane AB or TX4000?
View users profile Send private message
pinkdeath
Basic Member
Basic Member

870. PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my afterburner for a long time now, and I love it. I considered drawing up the plans to make one just like it
hoffman100
Basic Member
Basic Member

871. PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18]Anybody having a problem keeping the connectors attached to the board? If i don't press mine in, it doesn't work. Jennifer[/size]
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

872. PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a AB and the top arrow doesn't respond at all... I've contact RO and they are going to try to send me the wire schematic.. should i try fixing this myself?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wodos
Trick Member
Trick Member

873. PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my AB for a year and a half, still going strong, but not quite as good as when I first got it.

Only problem: After a year or so of playing, the wood base will settle. When the wood is compressed after so much use, it can't support the area that the main serial connector needs. What does that mean? With every step on the up arrow, your killing the connectors. I finally fixed mine by putting some rubber shelf liner underneath the up arrow and around the connector, preventing the panel from contacting it. Hope this helps some of you.
revenGmyass
Trick Member
Trick Member

874. PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterInuYasha wrote:
i bought a AB and the top arrow doesn't respond at all... I've contact RO and they are going to try to send me the wire schematic.. should i try fixing this myself?

if youre good with wires and soldering then go for it, if not then dont take the risk
Trick Member
Trick Member

875. PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was just delivered today biggrin.gif I love it, looks beautiful, arrows respond like a charm.

One problem though.. the X button doesn't seem to work (I have to use the cbox start button instead). Anyone else have this problem? Will it work after a little more playing, or should I send it back..?

Tassadar wrote:
MinsiKid wrote:
is just a good feeling.

Have you considered heroin?
darkcow
Basic Member
Basic Member

876. PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my pad on wednesday. been playing it every day for a few hours pretty much. works flawlessly on both Xbox and Computer with step mania. <3 this pad. all be-it i think it was made in someones garage it doesn't matter. i got it with a 25 dollar rebate so im happy with my purchase.
Discoman
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

877. PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkcow wrote:
I just got my pad on wednesday. been playing it every day for a few hours pretty much. works flawlessly on both Xbox and Computer with step mania. <3 this pad. all be-it i think it was made in someones garage it doesn't matter. i got it with a 25 dollar rebate so im happy with my purchase.

Keep us updated on that.
darkcow
Basic Member
Basic Member

878. PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discoman wrote:
Keep us updated on that.

im planning on it. im quite bad at DDR, i can do some really complicated stuff, but i always pull of an ADD moment and stop paying attention then miss a step or i speed up a bit and get greats, i was 1 mistake away from a AA. you can see what happened there. i missed one, then it took a while to get back on. ahh well. im hoping to get it to a point where instead of getting 2 goods and 40 odd greats, i want 2 greats and the 40 odd perfects and the rest amazings. but thats the reason why i bought the pad, i've broken 3 pads so far and when they all broke is when i started to loose my skill, so im hoping on not breaking this guy so i can get back to where i was and then get even further.

but hey, it shows that the pad is perfect, and I need some practice.

(click for larger image)
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

879. PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redoctane afterburners are actually great pads if you get a good one. my friends had hers for almost a year and it still works great. she hasnt done any mods to it yet its more sensitive than my cobalt flux. redoctane is a terrible company to deal with tho, because her first pad she got was a dud and it took almost 4 months for her to get it back. the new one, however, works like a charm.

im making a DDR video of me using the pad, ill link it once its finished!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: