Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octian Metal bad.. Destroyed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wise Fool wrote:
There are censors in your pad? I guess you can't play anything by E-Rotic then...-

I don't get it. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound like an buttocks, I know I am still new still, but can we PLEASE stop de-railing my topic? I really don't have $250-500 to spend on a new hard pad.. sO I want to fix this one... please? thanks.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
velvet.elvis
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red octane responded they know not - saying I can get answers here. what kind of support is that? I prompted them to try again and underscored my great faith in their success.

Maybe someone that owns one will come thru with pictures or a wire to pin layout. that would be super cool. thumb.gif

almost cooler than pokemon.gif pokemon.gif

You cannot post on
boards yet try again retard
2:43:07
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

velvet.elvis wrote:
red octane responded they know not - saying I can get answers here. what kind of support is that? I prompted them to try again and underscored my great faith in their success.

Maybe someone that owns one will come thru with pictures or a wire to pin layout. that would be super cool. thumb.gif

That's exactly what they told me.. To come here.. Thus why I made this thread.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wise Fool wrote:
There are censors in your pad? I guess you can't play anything by E-Rotic then...

Ha, nice one. E13.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
velvet.elvis
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterInuYasha wrote:
velvet.elvis wrote:

That's exactly what they told me.. To come here.. Thus why I made this thread.

well I tore it apart and came up with a wire scheme- from the pcb in the red box to the pad it makes sense on paper-- anyway it's soldered up and ready to test -- and I don't have a ddr game disk.

Update- I tested it - the pads work perfectly, I can't test the lights until my new control box arrives. also, I can't upload pictures to this site so I guess I'll have to type it out. since I don't have a web site and also have to get permission from a fellow that published a guide since I pimped his DB15 picture scheme for the pad layout. the site is www.popsynth.com btw / it was right on. he deserves much thanks for that. I had to figure the lights out myself with much staring and comparing- so that's the update. 11/30

You cannot post on
velvet.elvis
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first- This is not the law, it's a guide. Do not attempt a repair without first testing with a meter and an honest evaluation of your own abilities. IF you don't know what you're doing, ask someone who does. This is a wire scheme for a specific ddr pad, yours may be different even if it's the same brand. Map it out, draw a picture, stare and compare, when in doubt start over.

This is the Early Redoctane Metal Pad DB15 wire pin out from Pad to DB15 (without light connections). To be precise: this diagram represents the DB15 female connector terminated on the end of the cable that comes out of the DDR Pad and connects ‘to’ the Red box. Test your cable with a meter, your wire colors may be different.

Pins 3, 5 & 15 are Ground. 6 & 9 are also Ground, if you don't have lights avoid these.

Pin-out for the pad sensors

______1__________2_@White___3_@Brown___4_@Red_____5_White____

6__________7__________8__________9__________10_________

______11_Blue____12_Orange__13_Green___14_Brown___15_Black___

Pad Sensors

UP
+ pin 14, Brown
- pin 5, White

RIGHT
+ pin 11, Blue
- pin 5, White

LEFT
+ pin 12, Orange
- pin 15, Black

DOWN
+ pin 13, Green
- pin 15, Black

@ Signifies this is one of 4 bundled wires joined via shrinkwrap in the DB15. The cable on your game pad may be different, my cable has a bundle because there are 8 color twins, 3 are opposite polarity (example @Brown is the ground for the NW and NE arrow but 'Brown' is + on the Up arrow sensor.) Test your wires with a meter before terminating. (My color twins are Blue, White, Brown and Red).

X and Esc OR NW and NE pads.
NW or "X"
+ pin 2, @white
- pin 3, @Brown

NE or Esc or Square
+ pin 4, @Red
- pin 3, @Brown

in other news...
I worked out the lights also and they work but on the aftermarket box I bought they all light any time any pad is activated- ugh!
Note the shared ground wires, there are 3 wires for every two pads: 2 positive and 1 shared ground.

and finally, thanks to popsynth.com for the db15 picture showing the arrow positions.

You cannot post on
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: