Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

So.. What should I do with my -destroyed- redoctain

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: So.. What should I do with my -destroyed- redoctain Reply with quote

Yea, I Killed my red octain. Well, not really. It was WAY to flimsy and cracked, so I have 6 perfectly good sensors, A good and Sturdy metal frame. I was wondering, what should I do? I was personally thinking about modding it with thicker wood to make it stiffer. But I am not 100% how thick I can go.

Here are some pictures to help out. What kind of wood should I use? I want as STURDY as possible. Also, any other tips?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/I3010001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/DDR.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/DDR2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/DDR3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/DDR4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/DDR/DDR5.jpg
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ceraf
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plywood is always good....but how thick you need, i'm not too sure.
View users profile Send private message
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they use the same quality plywood as the tx-1000, it's pretty much useless. You've now got a semi-durable frame, a perfectly good CB and chip, and 6 sensors.
I'd be happy to buy the CB and chip, want to name a figure?
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
If they use the same quality plywood as the tx-1000, it's pretty much useless. You've now got a semi-durable frame, a perfectly good CB and chip, and 6 sensors.

Hm.. I'm not 100% sure about selling it, it's kind of my friends, and he told me to do whatever it takes to get it working and make it more durable.

I'll see though, I will keep in contact!!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterInuYasha wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

Hm.. I'm not 100% sure about selling it, it's kind of my friends, and he told me to do whatever it takes to get it working and make it more durable.

Ah, okay.
For that matter, build a homebrew, use that chip and, unless it's just total poopy, use the frame too.
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
MasterInuYasha wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

Ah, okay.
For that matter, build a homebrew, use that chip and, unless it's just total poopy, use the frame too.

The metal frame is still in really good STRONG Condition. I will rebuild it. XD
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterInuYasha wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:
MasterInuYasha wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

Ah, okay.

Cool. =)
Make sure to use a good solid wood, or else all your work will be wasted.
A top-quality plywood board 1" thick will be able to handle about 500-800 lbs.
A cheap piece of 1" playwood might be able to handle 50-80.
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
MasterInuYasha wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:
MasterInuYasha wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

Ah, okay.

Cool. =)
Make sure to use a good solid wood, or else all your work will be wasted.
A top-quality plywood board 1" thick will be able to handle about 500-800 lbs.
A cheap piece of 1" playwood might be able to handle 50-80.

Yea, I was going to use some good strong wood. Because the orginal wood, it fails! it's thin and flexible like paper.
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I used the base from one of my TX's to mod my softpad. xD
It's incredible how weak it is next to the nice heavy plywood I replaced it with.
I could probably punch through the old one, but I'd have trouble kicking through the nw stuff, and I'm a seasoned DDR player and long-distance runner.
MasterInuYasha
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DancingTofu wrote:
It's incredible how weak it is next to the nice heavy plywood I replaced it with.
I could probably punch through the old one, but I'd have trouble kicking through the nw stuff, and I'm a seasoned DDR player and long-distance runner.

I was quite surprised when I saw just how thin the wood was. That's goind to change SOON.

okay, so my dad made the suggestion of using lexan, he said being it sits on the floor, it'd be great. My question is, Would a lexen base be good? (NOT lexen arows, LEXAN base)
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterInuYasha wrote:
DancingTofu wrote:

I was quite surprised when I saw just how thin the wood was. That's goind to change SOON.

okay, so my dad made the suggestion of using lexan, he said being it sits on the floor, it'd be great. My question is, Would a lexen base be good? (NOT lexen arows, LEXAN base)
Hey, that would actually work.
Expensive, but it would work really well.
Also, it would NOT slide AT ALL on hard floors.
Which is a good thing.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: