Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Noob Question

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalanx
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Noob Question Reply with quote

Would my Offical Konami still work subpar if I were to put a sheet over and under the pad with some some sort of meterial that dosent sick on the bottom, Thank you for your time
View users profile Send private message
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not quite sure I understand your question. The first thing that came to my mind was covering a base mod with clear vinyl/plastic. http://www.ddrfreak.com/library/contributor-article.php?postID=7890244 Is this anything similar to what you're talking about?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
dalanx
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, its something like that, its prity close though^_^ but if I were to place a peice of plexi-glass over my pad would it still be able to decect the arrow being pressed as a normal pad would.
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalanx wrote:
well, its something like that, its prity close though^_^ but if I were to place a peice of plexi-glass over my pad would it still be able to decect the arrow being pressed as a normal pad would.

No, Plexiglass would be too heavy. Just do the plywood/plastic mod, it works great.
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, the main thing iam trying to go for though is trying to make it feal sorta like an arcade, because iam a sock-cader and cant stand the normal mat. XD so thanks for telling me that the plexi-glass thing wont work, XD is there another meterial I can put on or under?
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want it to feel like the arcade, then I don't think any amount of modding to the softpad will help you. I would reccomend that you look into getting a metal pad. If you do, make sure you only get one of three metal pads, the Cobalt Flux, the Blueshark, and the Nexen. All the others are crap, especially eBay ones.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: