Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The "Official" Pop'n Music Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backslider
Trick Member
Trick Member

1220. PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link for song lists: Pop'n Navy Song list.
I don't know which user that is, so don't mind the scores if there are any. On the right hand side you can see the different versions. Click which ever one you want and on the left side there should be a banner for the song. Many of them are in Japanese so it's kind of hard to tell what songs are which if you don't already know them. Is there any songs in particular you were looking for I could help you find?

As for the ASC, that would be the "controllica" ASC. The Desktop Arcade ASC could be found at DesktopArcade.com.

The most popular of the ASC's can be found at either Desktoparcade.com or Ransai.com. At both of those places you can custom order whatever art you want displayed on your controller.

As far as the Play-Asia controller, that's the official Konami ASC. I'm pretty sure it plays very well.. but not sure on the lights. I would actually recommend from either Ransai or Desktop Arcade. The quality may be a little less than that of the Konami one, but it saves you about $200. The average price of the onces from these two sites is from $200-$250. And if you want to save even more money, and have a little knowledge of wiring, you could find a guide online that shows you how to build your own controller.

Also, if you happen to share a home with people who go to sleep early or have close neighbors, you might want to think about investing in a Mini controller. A lot of people don't like them (that I know of), and at first I didn't care much for it.. but the ASC's can be extremely loud and I find the mini VERY helpful when wanting to play at night.

And don't be sorry for the questions, I'm glad I can help.
View users profile Send private message
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

1221. PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to order a Pop'n Music controller off Desktop Arcade when the time comes. I don't think it's really necessary to spend an extra $300.00 more just because it's the official "Konami" controller. I think I'd prefer one with lights anyway. You said that you can get them to put any design on the controller; how would you go about doing this? When you order it just shows the default colours to choose from. Would you post a link to the site with the image that you wanted on the controller in the comment box or something similar? Also, could I order a different design and easily install it like you could on say a Cobalt Flux DDR pad?

Thanks. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Backslider
Trick Member
Trick Member

1222. PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you're going to go with the Desktop Arcade, give Steve (the guy who runs it) an email telling what design you would like, probably with a link of the picture/design. The designs are custom painted on there, so there isn't any replaceable designs or anything, unless you paint a new design or print something out on sticker paper.

Also note, if you're going to go with a custom design, it will take a little longer to get to you and be a little more.
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1223. PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I've never played a Pop'n Music game but the series looks very interesting. What caught my eye about the game is the characters. I love music games that revolve around characters such as Space Channel 5 and my favorite the Bust A Move/Groove series. Well since Sega nor Enix has released a follow up game in years...and the fact some DDR fans hate when I talk about the characters more than the songs...I thought Pop'n Music would be a good replacement. I noticed that each song has a character you play against...thus this is the closest replacement for a Bust A Groove game I could find.

So far the only game I found online that came with the Pop'n controller was 10. Is that a good start?
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

1224. PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backslider wrote:
Well if you're going to go with the Desktop Arcade, give Steve (the guy who runs it) an email telling what design you would like, probably with a link of the picture/design. The designs are custom painted on there, so there isn't any replaceable designs or anything, unless you paint a new design or print something out on sticker paper.

Also note, if you're going to go with a custom design, it will take a little longer to get to you and be a little more.

Honestly I was thinking of how cool it would be to get a custom design on my controller, and then when I try to think of one my mind goes blank and I can't think of anything at all. Any suggestions? If I don't get a custom design, I was thinking of getting the default arcade colour. The controllers at the arcades are yellow right?
valius
Trick Member
Trick Member

1225. PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrinceLandon wrote:
Hello all,

I've never played a Pop'n Music game but the series looks very interesting. What caught my eye about the game is the characters. I love music games that revolve around characters such as Space Channel 5 and my favorite the Bust A Move/Groove series. Well since Sega nor Enix has released a follow up game in years...and the fact some DDR fans hate when I talk about the characters more than the songs...I thought Pop'n Music would be a good replacement. I noticed that each song has a character you play against...thus this is the closest replacement for a Bust A Groove game I could find.

So far the only game I found online that came with the Pop'n controller was 10. Is that a good start?

According to the general consensus of pop'n players in bemanistyle... 10 is supposedly excellent for beginner's, so yes... the mini is REALLY small though and nothing like the arcade feel, but it's nice to tide you over until you can fork over $200+ for that Arcade Style Controller!
Trick Member
Trick Member

1226. PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 is definately the choice for beginner players IMO.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1227. PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cApNhOwDy wrote:
10 is definately the choice for beginner players IMO.

How exactly is it the best for beginners? When I get my game I'm not going to get another Pop'n Music game for a while, so I want one that's not going to be incredibly easy or get boring after a while.

Last edited by DarkCore on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total
Backslider
Trick Member
Trick Member

1228. PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:

How exactly is it the best for beginners. When I get my game I'm not going to get another Pop'n Music game for a while, so I want one that's not going to be incredibly easy or get boring after a while.

10 has one of the best learning curves as far as Pop'n Music games go. Don't worry about it boring you. I started with 10 and it had last me a long time before I got a new one. It's still one of my favorites out of them all. I didn't decide to get a new game until I got to about late 20's, early 30's with 10, so it's definitely a good one to get.

and don't worry about it being "incredibly easy". Chances are you probably won't beat the hardest song on there for a few years.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

1229. PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backslider wrote:
DarkCore wrote:

How exactly is it the best for beginners? When I get my game I'm not going to get another Pop'n Music game for a while, so I want one that's not going to be incredibly easy or get boring after a while.

10 has one of the best learning curves as far as Pop'n Music games go. Don't worry about it boring you. I started with 10 and it had last me a long time before I got a new one. It's still one of my favorites out of them all. I didn't decide to get a new game until I got to about late 20's, early 30's with 10, so it's definitely a good one to get.

and don't worry about it being "incredibly easy". Chances are you probably won't beat the hardest song on there for a few years.

Ah, I guess I'll be going with Pop'n Music 10 and the DASC. Thanks alot for the help; I appreciate it. thumb.gif
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1230. PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! I did forget to ask one question though. For some reason my ps2 cant play games on blue discs, is Pop'n Music 10 on a blue disc or a DvD rom? riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Backslider
Trick Member
Trick Member

1231. PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrinceLandon wrote:
Thanks everyone! I did forget to ask one question though. For some reason my ps2 cant play games on blue discs, is Pop'n Music 10 on a blue disc or a DvD rom? riiight.gif

DVD
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1232. PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'm a total noob. I got Pop'n Music 10 today and I have a few questions since I cannot read Japanese.

1. What is the Omake thing?

2. What exactly is that slot thing at the end of arcade mode sessions?

3. What is the best way to unlock everything?

4. Exactly what are the points purpose in challenge mode?

Thanks.
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

1233. PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrinceLandon wrote:
Okay I'm a total noob. I got Pop'n Music 10 today and I have a few questions since I cannot read Japanese.

1. What is the Omake thing?

2. What exactly is that slot thing at the end of arcade mode sessions?

3. What is the best way to unlock everything?

4. Exactly what are the points purpose in challenge mode?

Thanks.

1. Things to make the song your playing harder or given an objective, like getting a certain amount of points or less misses than needed.

2. It's pray to the stars, the unlock game.

3. Turn off the pray to the stars game, it's too fustrating to line up the right words over and over and miss the last one. Playing by time unlock is best.

4. Certain combination of points at the end of your 3rd song in arcade mode gets you an omake picture, or the extra stage. The Extra stage is the way to get to get the EX difficulties of songs and unlock them. Just select a song with an EX difficulty, shown in red, play the song and you'll get the EX difficulty, even if you fail it.
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1234. PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh okay, thanks so much for your help! E1.gif
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1235. PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry again but I have another pop'n 10 question.

I have 98% unlocked and it seems that the item i'm missing is the last ??? in the secret section with the characters. Does anyone know how to get it?
MadVash2005
Trick Member
Trick Member

1236. PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly where I was about a year ago! I think you either have to play unlock for a loooooooong time or play the Pray to the Stars game and get every line correct. Good luck on that!
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Superstar Player
Trick Member
Trick Member

1237. PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop N Music 15 Adventure is offical.

The logo is at bemanistyle on the pop n 15 topic.

The theme appears to be using jungle ancient ruins of some kind, to fit with the adventure theme.
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1238. PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superstar Player wrote:
Pop N Music 15 Adventure is offical.

The logo is at bemanistyle on the pop n 15 topic.

The theme appears to be using jungle ancient ruins of some kind, to fit with the adventure theme.

Sweet!, What i'm really hoping for is Pop'n 14 to be released on the ps2 along with the Super Mario Bros. theme in the song list.
BustAGroovey
Trick Member
Trick Member

1239. PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadVash2005 wrote:
That's exactly where I was about a year ago! I think you either have to play unlock for a loooooooong time or play the Pray to the Stars game and get every line correct. Good luck on that!

Oh, I found out the character I was missing was the one you get after completeing Study Land. Hurray I'm finally at 100%
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 62 of 65

Jump to: