Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MyMyBox Blueshark GXG Pads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

300. PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't get a barless Blueshark, and then buy the bar separately, can u?
Trick Member
Trick Member

301. PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless youre really good at drilling holes.....no.

even then...no
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
bb
Trick Member
Trick Member

302. PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please take some pics of the inside of the new 2006 GXG pad? I heard they are using a one-peice metal frame, so just curious what , if there are any, changes have been made.

Peace
View users profile Send private message
skinticket
Trick Member
Trick Member

303. PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://home.mchsi.com/~anbrandt/100_0771.jpg

oh wait, thats the one with the bar sorry frown.gif just wanted to show people that.... theres also this

http://home.mchsi.com/~anbrandt/100_0767.jpg
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
kyj197
Trick Member
Trick Member

304. PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a BLUESHARK METAL DANCE PAD - New 2006 2nd Edition : 2" Thickness

This Blueshark metal pad does not have a metal pad frame on the bottom. I know that there are two types of blueshark metal pads. MBS-GXG (without a handle bar) and MBS-GXG-B (with a handle bar)
I want to try on MBS-GXG-B (with a handle bar) because I heard that it is better than 2nd edition. is it true?

I have been playing on this bluesahrk metal pad for 8 months and it is still working good. E4.gif

I want to buy this metal pad for this christmas.

View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

305. PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in the picture http://home.mchsi.com/~anbrandt/100_0771.jpg is the pre-order version of the pad. They all shipped with bars. Hopefully the new ones use a thicker wood for the base. On my pad, the center began to flex so much that it broke the screws out of the wood and the whole piece could be removed by hand(still played fine, just loose). To fix it, I drilled 4 holes through the cener piece down into the metal frame. Then I used some large screws to bolt the center to the actual frame instead of just the weak wooden base. Now it is quite solid with no center flex. Still if it had been done this way originally there never would have been an issue. I do however agree that this is a very accurate and sensitive pad with a great 'feel' to it.
TPF.Catch22
Trick Member
Trick Member

306. PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably should read through the thread for this, but oh well -

Are the recessed arrows closer to the depth of a DDR Arcade pad or an ITG2 Dedicab pad? I'm asking this because the arrows on DDR pads are too recessed for my playing style, so I'm hoping the Blueshark feels closer to a Dedicab. This is really the only concern I have about the pad, everything else I've heard about it has been excellent.

Thanks, later.
Trick Member
Trick Member

307. PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catch22 wrote:
I probably should read through the thread for this, but oh well -

Are the recessed arrows closer to the depth of a DDR Arcade pad or an ITG2 Dedicab pad? I'm asking this because the arrows on DDR pads are too recessed for my playing style, so I'm hoping the Blueshark feels closer to a Dedicab. This is really the only concern I have about the pad, everything else I've heard about it has been excellent.

Thanks, later.

I'm almost positive that the Blueshark's arrows are repressed like an In The Groove 2 dedicated cabinet's rather than a DDR Extreme's pads. I find playing DDR Extreme very frusterated because I flatfoot and I hate stepping over the metal center plate.

But if you're talking about the Blueshark with the bar the arrows don't look repressed at all from this video. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=651015428
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

308. PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a barless one, but I'd like to know if it works very good using a chair as the bar behind it(like how far away do you have to stretch your feet?). I would have no place to store it if I got the bar with it, so I'd just rather go with a barless one and hold on to my dresser drawer. E10.gif

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Simo2541
Trick Member
Trick Member

309. PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when these pads will come into stock again. I checked the website, and they are currently out of stock, and no info on when they may be coming in. Really want to try to get one for birthday. Also, does anyone know how quickly a new batch will sell out, and if I can't find one is it worth the wait, or should I just get a CF?
Trick Member
Trick Member

310. PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariogirl wrote:
I want a barless one, but I'd like to know if it works very good using a chair as the bar behind it(like how far away do you have to stretch your feet?). I would have no place to store it if I got the bar with it, so I'd just rather go with a barless one and hold on to my dresser drawer. E10.gif

I'd assume that the part where you could install a bar would be half a foot? I'm just guessing considering that I've never played on one or seen one in person...and do you by any chance have an awesome chair like mine?

The back of the chair leans outward so the part that I hold on to could be above the barless part of the pad if I had a Blueshark.

Simo wrote:
Does anyone know when these pads will come into stock again. I checked the website, and they are currently out of stock, and no info on when they may be coming in. Really want to try to get one for birthday. Also, does anyone know how quickly a new batch will sell out, and if I can't find one is it worth the wait, or should I just get a CF

Mymybox said that they were getting Blueshark's with bars soon so people could order them for Christmas. I assume that the same is true for the barless versions. Mymybox is probably busy making the 3" Nexan with the ITG Style bar. I regret not getting a Blueshark, because my Flux is giving me pad misses on 10+ songs because I'm not stepping in the center of the panel and the Blueshark is supposed to be more sensitive. Also, the Cobalt Flux with the arcade mod kit doesn't give you the "arcade feel", honestly it feels totally different. And without the kit it's no better as the arrows aren't repressed. (I'd prefer this, but alot of people wouldn't.) I still love my Cobalt Flux, but it's not the perfect pad like everyone on the Cobalt Flux forums make it out to be.
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

311. PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^that's exactly why I want a blueshark. I might just go with one that has a bar. E10.gif

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
bobddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

312. PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused with all of the different metal pads they offer.

I'm looking at the "MYMYBOX SOLOMODE 2200 METAL DANCE PAD w/ Handle Bar (MX2200)" (http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmx2200.html) and not sure if this is a version of the pad people are raving about.

It can't be that great, can it, if it's $150 less? I really can't go above $300 for a pad, but I NEED a bar (I use it all the time), so this is the only one (at $250) that's in my price range. I'd love to get the new model with the bar for $400, but there is no way I can afford that! I can only imagine how much this costs with shipping.

Will I be okay with the $250 pad? Part of me is considering just sucking it up and getting the $400 if it really means a big difference in quality.
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

313. PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobddr wrote:
I'm a bit confused with all of the different metal pads they offer.

I'm looking at the "MYMYBOX SOLOMODE 2200 METAL DANCE PAD w/ Handle Bar (MX2200)" (http://www.mymybox.com/ddrmx2200.html) and not sure if this is a version of the pad people are raving about.

It can't be that great, can it, if it's $150 less? I really can't go above $300 for a pad, but I NEED a bar (I use it all the time), so this is the only one (at $250) that's in my price range. I'd love to get the new model with the bar for $400, but there is no way I can afford that! I can only imagine how much this costs with shipping.

Will I be okay with the $250 pad? Part of me is considering just sucking it up and getting the $400 if it really means a big difference in quality.

Although Mymybox has great customer service, they were known to make bad pads in the past. The bar on the Solomode is flimsy, and will move alot. Your best option is to use a chair like me in my setup posted above and get a barless pad. The Nexan pad is supposed to be pretty good and it's $199.99.
zombiejesus9001
Trick Member
Trick Member

314. PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly mymybox has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I ordered this pad two weeks ago. They took my money and to this day never sent anything. I call the company it goes to an answering machine. I email asking for the status no answer. I post on the message boards for helps noone who works for support helps me. They do post and help everyone else but ingnore my plees for help. Finnally I emailed and posted to have them refund my money. Still no answer. If I don't get an answer by Friday I will report them to the better business bureau. This is getting out of hand I just want my money back and I know they charged me cause it shows up on my bank statement.
bobddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

315. PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:

Although Mymybox has great customer service, they were known to make bad pads in the past. The bar on the Solomode is flimsy, and will move alot. Your best option is to use a chair like me in my setup posted above and get a barless pad. The Nexan pad is supposed to be pretty good and it's $199.99.

I really need the bar built in.
I've been using an Ikea chair as a bar (it's all I have) and I think I'm damaging it (some wood has splintered off and it still shakes when I use it).
I also don't have a lot of room and wouldn't want to make a custom bar that needs more support in the back.

If the $400 pad is the ONLY good sturdy pad with a bar, I could maybe work out a way to get it. I've been playing on and off since 2002 and I'm sick of softpads that break. I've tried BNS, Ignition 2.0, and Gamestop pads on plywood. I want something that really will last me, so I guess I can justify the cost.
firezion
Basic Member
Basic Member

316. PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds really bad.. :/ Im about to order 16 sensors from mymybox, but they still haven´t answered to my mail since I sent it on sat, and Im also starting to worry a bit. :/ Maybe they´re having some problems?
DarkCore
Trick Member
Trick Member

317. PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobddr wrote:
DarkCore wrote:

I really need the bar built in.
I've been using an Ikea chair as a bar (it's all I have) and I think I'm damaging it (some wood has splintered off and it still shakes when I use it).
I also don't have a lot of room and wouldn't want to make a custom bar that needs more support in the back.

If the $400 pad is the ONLY good sturdy pad with a bar, I could maybe work out a way to get it. I've been playing on and off since 2002 and I'm sick of softpads that break. I've tried BNS, Ignition 2.0, and Gamestop pads on plywood. I want something that really will last me, so I guess I can justify the cost.

If you absolutely need a bar built in, then the only option is the Blueshark. Or you could a cheaper pad and install a bar yourself.

Here's an idea. http://i14.tinypic.com/4gt92le.jpg
bobddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

318. PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCore wrote:
[
If you absolutely need a bar built in, then the only option is the Blueshark. Or you could a cheaper pad and install a bar yourself.

Here's an idea. http://i14.tinypic.com/4gt92le.jpg

That's interesting - it looks more space efficient than the PVC bar mods I've seen - it looks more like a regular arcade bar. Is there a guide somewhere for that?

I've heard metal bars can cost up to $100, though, and that looks like a CF pad. Wouldn't that add up to about $400 anyway? Unless that's PVC, but I heard the PVC would need more support in the back than that.

Either way that looks like the best solution I've come across sans the $400 blueshark.
davidyko
Trick Member
Trick Member

319. PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blueshark bar = flimsy or no?
Introducing...davidyko's campaign to get parents to buy him 2 Bluesharks!
So far, going pretty well. 50% parent support! E4.gif
my dad's just like, "sure, whatever."
my mom's a different story, though. i'm going to try to convince her.

Groovestats
David needs more challenges. E10.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: