Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Roxor lawsuit settled, Konami inherits ITG franchise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

260. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you edit that out because you realized it didn't make much sense? Seriously, DDR and ITG are very socially stimulating. Since you edited your post, though, I won't say any more.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
View users profile Send private message
DragonWolf_
Trick Member
Trick Member

261. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pags wrote:
DragonWolf_ wrote:

Some of us play ITG everyday. This IS a big deal to many of us.

You might want to re-evaluate your life.

It is just a game. Think about the time and money you are wasting. Every day? Come on. Do something a little more productive in your life.

I play at home so money isn't really an issue.

I use ITG as a cardio exercise. Should people who jog every day "re-evaluate" their lives?

It may have started as a game for me but it's gotten to the point where it's part of my lifestyle. Running to music is fun but it's no dance game and DDR just isn't hard/fun enough for me.
Tyrgannus
Trick Member
Trick Member

262. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pags wrote:
edit: ok, nvm, I just realized that this doesn't even deserve an argument.

Why?

It's a videogame.

Most people on these boards see arrowsmash as more than a video game. I don't play videogames really, they're boring. You sit in a chair with a controller in your hand.

Whoop de freakin doo.

But with ITG/DDR, you are improving coordination, stamina, rhythm and so much more. It is very physically demanding, especially on the high end songs, and quite competitive. I think Norway gets it right. ITG resembles more of a sport than a videogame.

People argue about sports all the time, heck, people even make million dollar bets and try and rig major leagues through refs sometimes.

Now THAT'S excessive.

Playing everyday? Well, at least you're exercising. If I knew someone that ran everyday, I wouldn't flame him for...running....oh noez he's not productive.

Also, who are you to judge how productive something really is? How can a movie possibly more productive than ITG? At least with ITG, you see moving pictures, hear sounds, AND move your body accordingly. Movies just have the first two.

Am I saying that dance games are the best thing in the world? No.
Am I saying that everybody should play them everyday of the week? No.
Am I saying that people need to play them at all? No.

I'm just saying that regarding TV as a more productive activity is truly skewed, and that this game actually can do much, MUCH more good for you than conventional video games as it can get you in shape.
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

263. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how multiple people have given up on this thread by throwing in the cop-out argument of "oh it's just a videogame", like you're exempt or something. You're on a DDR board talking about dance games, you're JUST as guilty as the rest of us.
Trick Member
Trick Member

264. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its funny.. i'v been reading through this thread.. and I just find it hilarious how some people say things such as "Get a life" and blah blah blah.. when there are videos of that certain person.. playing these so called dance games and is really good at them might I add.. so who's got more of a life here? anywayz... my point is who cares we all play.. doesn't matter how much or often we play..

my only concern on this topic is ITG's Future.. and if there will be an ITG future..
Trick Member
Trick Member

265. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linkismyhero wrote:
But in doing that, you lose a fundemental part of ITG. Kyle makes good music, and he's very much in touch with his fans and the ITG community. You don't exactly see Naoki running his own web site so fans can listen to his latest tracks and moderate a message board for that music (to the best of my knowledge).

...because Konami doesn't have the connection with their fans like ITG does with us
I think you'd be surprised. KDEA Bemani staff members used to post on this forum until they were harassed to death. That was in 2000/1. But despite not being able to able to post here, sometimes they still talk to fans personally. Communication now works like a one-way mirror - but they are listening. For example, DDR MAX ships, "...but lacks the awesome songs that define DDR MAX, like So Deep", and guess what? That song definitely did not end up on MAX2 because it was a charts topper. Same for Freckles, Butterfly, Catoon Heroes, and all those exclusive crazy things that the XBox gets. RPG mode lol. There are licenses with challenge steps in Supernova CS! And Heaven is a Place on Earth is a nine! I also heard that people liked Mission Mode, but hated playing a bunch of stupid easy missions. Eh heh. So they are definitely listening. You just percieve RoXoR as more in tune with their fans because they reply directly to people, publicly. (Refer back to the first two sentences of this paragraph.)

And actually, Naoki and everyone else on Konami's creative team DOES have a website where they can post whatever they heck they want. The IIDX games also get rediculously awesome websites with detailed comments from the composers, arrangers, and/or video creators. They don't do message boards but they do respond to fanmail, depending on the individual. (Public email addresses. English is better than poorly written Japanese. They'll want to know where you're writing from.)

This has already been pointed out, but ITG's audience is undeniably smaller. Catering to literally a million people is an oxymoron. Hence, Konami just tries to make good games instead. ITG is "Popular amoung those who like it" if you understand what I mean by that.

This hasn't already been pointed out: fan service in video game development is overrated. It's not your fucking game, guys. If you played DDR 3rd mix first, and you liked it, then they certainly don't need your help/advice for DDR 5th mix. They found music that was new to you and made charts that you enjoyed once and they can do it again. Blizzard does not take requests for World of Warcraft. Thank goodness. Likewise, Konami doesn't accept advice from DDRFreak that they wouldn't have considered by themselves. Thank goodness.

tyrgannus, like 10 pages ago wrote:
PS: The term fanboy is pretty gay. Are we NOT supposed to prefer a game over another? Is liking Halo more than Quake a sin? Is playing WoW but not Everquest2 a sin? Last time I checked, people were free to have their opinions about what games they liked and played.
Yes! And to add to that: DDR is the best! *checks the URL* Yes! I AM allowed to say to say that here! thumb.gif Alright!

Now, on a hockey forum or a cooking forum or something then sure, DDR is a just a game. Obviously threads like this one would not exist in either place and pags' reply would be appropriate there. (Even in the chit-chit OT forum.) ITG fans can say anything they want, but they still have to deal with the fact that they're saying it here. This place just happens to be frequented by a bunch of people who take DDR seriously, and that is not a bad thing at all! I made my exclamation above sound as fanboyish as possible to get the point across. It's true for me, but I'm not that one-sided about it. People use the word fanboy to mean 'stubborn' but in the same useage it could also mean 'loyal' or 'decided'.
Syncopation
Trick Member
Trick Member

266. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
toady007 wrote:
cfusionpm wrote:
the hardcore itg players also do not in any way make up a majority of dance game players (i'd rougly estimate <1% in the US). those who would go through the time and effort to make or put songs on a flash drive; even less. i think your perspective is skewed a bit.

Hold your horses there, partner. I never said that hardcore ITG players make up a large fraction of the market as a whole. One percent is probably accurate.

However, ITG AC was successful because of that hardcore fanbase. You have 15 hardcore players in an area (I consider "hardcore" to be just 3+ hours a week), and you have a machine that is constantly making money. To ignore the power the hardcore fanbase of ITG had on the arcade market is to ignore the reason why the game was successful at all. Those hardcore players supported the machines enough that it gave Roxor reason to expand. The ITG home version wasn't successful because ITG was designed around the hardcore DDR/ITG fanbase and is a niche audience out of a niche market and didn't have the opportunity for repeat business.

it was "success" much like snakes on a plane was a "success." they both hit their fanbases very well, and actually catered specifically to them. but neither seem to hit that mass appeal factor. snakes on a plane did horribly in theaters compared to the other big summer movies; much like ITG has, overal, never gotten that universal popularity that DDR had/has. even disregarding home versions entirely, this still holds true for arcades.

And that makes perfect sense.

I know of one arcade that has ITG2 and DDR Extreme. If the hardcore expert players aren't playing 10's/11's/ 12's/13's, the ITG2 machine is--for the most part--left unplayed because the players that want to play a dance game walk right past the ITG2 machine and play the DDR Extreme machine.

Also, the rare non-hardcore player that does play ITG2 usually moves over to the DDR Extreme machine after they've played what is probably their one and only game of ITG2.

Whether it will remain profitable for arcade owners to keep their ITG machines after the hardcore players have beaten the game is yet to be seen, and yet, any place that has a DDR machine will always have someone playing it, even if at the beginner level.
CHUCK BASS
Trick Member
Trick Member

267. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just to like to point out...

SuperNOVA home version has used nearly every single modifier from ITG.

Ya know, just saying.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
KKyuubi
Trick Member
Trick Member

268. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight, is ITG dead, or will it continue on?
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

269. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly dead (drawing from the evidence to arrive at a logical conclusion), but nothing has been officially announced as of yet.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
JQ
Trick Member
Trick Member

270. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KKyuubi wrote:
So let me get this straight, is ITG dead, or will it continue on?

nobody is completely sure. the information roxor left us on www.inthegroove.com hardly explains anything at all and can be interpreted in many different ways.
Twan
Basic Member
Basic Member

271. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than speculate what will happen, I'm just going to wait and see.

Personally, I'd like to see both games continue and kept separately, but that might be hoping for too much.

Also, off topic, but...

FTG_ZMatrix wrote:
I would just to like to point out...

SuperNOVA home version has used nearly every single modifier from ITG.

Ya know, just saying.

Just thought I'd clear this up: in terms of what mods are selectable, definately not.

Not selectable are:

2.5x, 6x, Cmods, Hallway, Distant, Space, Incoming, Decel, Float, Beat, Bumpy, Mini (other than that noteskin), Cross, Alternate, Split, Wave, Expand, Boomerang, Dizzy, Flip, Tornado, Blink, Blender, and All Insert mods (there's 10 of them).

Although some of those appear in Stellar Master Mode, along with a few other interesting things. Then again, I haven't played through all of SMM, so I'm not entirely sure.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

272. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir 0rion {DMC} wrote:
Almost certainly dead (drawing from the evidence to arrive at a logical conclusion), but nothing has been officially announced as of yet.
Whatever, there's hardly any information to support that as a "logical" conclusion.
toady007 wrote:
Nearly every single person on ITGFreak with an R21 machine already has a flashdrive, and would willingly use it to put the songs on it. That "small" group on ITGFreak has people that go to every arcade in the country, and word of mouth will spread fast. What's that, the opportunity to create your own songs and mixes and play them on arcade pads? Isn't that almost every player's dream since the creation of DDR?
Until the people that aren't already in the following group actually try it and come away disappointed by it. And then they come to the conclusion that "In The Groove sux" without even really touching on the real merits it has.
toady007 wrote:
Cutriss wrote:
Also, you lose the Internet ranking system and competitive high-score ranking on custom songs. Custom songs can't go in Marathons (as far as I know). And there's always the possibility for new gameplay modes. Not if you stick with R21.
What is the point of competition when there is no reward?
I dunno. I don't remember DD:Recall giving out prizes but it seems like people use it well enough. Same for Groovestats.
toady007 wrote:
Cutriss wrote:
I'm personally of the belief that anyone who cites R21 as a "endgame maneuver" to dancing games is doing nothing but having sour grapes over the perceived "loss" of In The Groove. In case I didn't spell it out enough for you...that's "fanboy".
I don't even play In The Groove anymore, but thanks for the little jab at me anyway. I fail to see how I'm "being a fanboy" by citing logical reasons why Konami wouldn't release a new arcade mix. It's really great that you hate In The Groove and have no idea what the community actually does, but it is insulting to ITG and even DDR players who expect to have an adminstrator of all people who shows respect to different viewpoints, especially ones that you haven't fully refuted.
They're not logical reasons when you're making logical leaps. Bear in mind that these are business decisions, which sometimes defy logic. It's not in Konami's best interests to kill ITG.

I don't hate In The Groove at all. I like it well enough. I even ordered the PC version yesterday (I already have the PS2 version as you might know), and I respect other people's viewpoints as long as they're cogent and well-thought-out and respectful. Unfortunately, many of the arguments here (on both sides) are not. Yours is one I include on the fence, but your slavering, almost rabid Konami resentment throws you headlong into the fanboy camp, where I rapidly denounce your opinion because you basically at that point care nothing about collateral damage, as long as your game wins and other games lose and you're able to rise above the ashes, clinging to your Metal arrows and your mines, smug in the victory over your Internet foes.

In The Groove did some very good things to the game. This is not the first time I've said this, and it kinda sucks that I have to trot this back out every time someone thinks I hate ITG. Go read my damn review, as I don't feel like regurgitating everything I've said all over again. If there's one reason *not* to like ITG, it's *because* of the fanbase. Ironically, this is something I hear out of ITG players a lot, but (and I guess this will, per usual, get chalked up as "ITG hater/DDR lover) I tend to hear it a lot more from the ITG camp than the DDR camp. And it's only natural that this would be the case. It's the elites in any group that tend to be the most vocal and vehement about a game, and ITG was designed specifically to attract the elites. Well, not all the elites went to ITG, so just because your game has a high percentage of elites doesn't mean that your opinions are automatically better.

God fucking damn this has turned into a stupid discussion.

Look - if you're even still reading this far, and you even still give a damn about anything I have to say - The ideal situation is that Konami would keep the ITG product line, and start using it to do spring/summer releases. There is a sizeable gap in the year-round schedule, and by filling in the gap with ITG, there's plenty of room for sales of both products. I would expect that future arcade games might be more unified, simply because having two cabinets in most arcades is a non-starter. I would expect Konami to keep the DDR brand in arcades, with promotion of ITG where appropriate.

You want a "logical discussion" about the future of ITG? THERE IT IS. I can't believe some of you think that Konami is so short-sighted as to be handed what is effectively a golden goose (a new dancing game with a rabid fanbase, acquired for FREE), and they'd rather kill the goose than raise it alongside their ducks.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
pags
Trick Member
Trick Member

273. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrgannus wrote:
stupid shiit

why do you fcking tards keep saying "OH ATLEAST HE ISNT WATCHING LOTS OF TV LOLOL" He just stated that all he does is play at home, not at the arcade. So money isn't an issue. But playing ITG by yourself in your basement every day? Good, you're getting exercise. Congratulations! You're still a loser.

Sure, it's productive if you are talking about exercise. People who run everyday don't run for more than an hour to an hour and 15 minutes though. 20 to 30 of those minutes are warming up or stretching. I used to run everyday because I was a long distance runner for track. If he's playing ITG 1 hour a day every day, that's ok I guess. But I really don't know anyone who plays for that short of an amount of time.

some idiot wrote:
its funny.. i'v been reading through this thread.. and I just find it hilarious how some people say things such as "Get a life" and blah blah blah.. when there are videos of that certain person.. playing these so called dance games and is really good at them might I add.. so who's got more of a life here?

So when did I say that playing dance games makes someone a loser? And when did I incorporate the fact that if by being good at said dancing games, you are even more of a loser? Oh wait, that's right: never.

Who's got more of a life? Hmm, let's see. During the school year last year, I would play ITG maybe twice a week, usually once a week if that, and only half that time would I go to the arcade, which would only be on weekends in the late morning/afternoon. So when I wasn't playing ITG, I'd be socializing, getting homework done/studying, visiting colleges, sleeping, eating, running track, playing dodgeball with people, making out with mad crazy bitties, playing pick up games of bball, and basically just tearing poopy up.

Then the summer came, and I got something called a job. It's where you get paid money for working. So when I wasn't working, I was chilling with mad biitchez, shaving my balls, visiting my grandpa at the hospital, going to prom, beating off to porn on weekends, going on summer vacation, going to the pool, and being mad chill. I barely played over the summer. So you saw a few videos of me on youtube or putfile? We videotaped me and my friends over a total of 4 days. One day for getting edits working on our hacked cab, another time for getting SMs working, another time for just videotaping us playing hard songs or something, and another day when I FCed tell. 4 days over the span of 5 months (feb to april/may). Wow, I have no life apparantly! What a sad and lonely child I am! Geez oh man

So it's pretty rude that I'm calling you a loser. I don't know you at all and it's rash of me to judge you like that. What I'm saying is that playing ITG everyday at home is a somewhat loser-ish thing to do. It doesn't necessarily make you a loser, but it's a trait that many other losers possess. And I'm using the term "loser" losely. I don't kow if you're losing anything (other than a few pounds maybe). You could still be a winner, who knows. I surely don't.
linkismyhero
Trick Member
Trick Member

274. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catastrophe wrote:
linkismyhero wrote:
But in doing that, you lose a fundemental part of ITG. Kyle makes good music, and he's very much in touch with his fans and the ITG community. You don't exactly see Naoki running his own web site so fans can listen to his latest tracks and moderate a message board for that music (to the best of my knowledge).

...because Konami doesn't have the connection with their fans like ITG does with us
I think you'd be surprised. KDEA Bemani staff members used to post on this forum until they were harassed to death. That was in 2000/1. But despite not being able to able to post here, sometimes they still talk to fans personally. Communication now works like a one-way mirror - but they are listening. For example, DDR MAX ships, "...but lacks the awesome songs that define DDR MAX, like So Deep", and guess what? That song definitely did not end up on MAX2 because it was a charts topper. Same for Freckles, Butterfly, Catoon Heroes, and all those exclusive crazy things that the XBox gets. RPG mode lol. There are licenses with challenge steps in Supernova CS! And Heaven is a Place on Earth is a nine! I also heard that people liked Mission Mode, but hated playing a bunch of stupid easy missions. Eh heh. So they are definitely listening. You just percieve RoXoR as more in tune with their fans because they reply directly to people, publicly. (Refer back to the first two sentences of this paragraph.)

Then what the hell does Konami have PR for? E19.gif

They could still make official announcements on Konami.com regularly if they don't wanna post here.

wrote:
And actually, Naoki and everyone else on Konami's creative team DOES have a website where they can post whatever they heck they want. The IIDX games also get rediculously awesome websites with detailed comments from the composers, arrangers, and/or video creators. They don't do message boards but they do respond to fanmail, depending on the individual. (Public email addresses. English is better than poorly written Japanese. They'll want to know where you're writing from.)

Link, now please. I'd love to leave some feedback on his music (I <3 most Naoki music). E4.gif

wrote:
Catering to literally a million people is an oxymoron. Hence, Konami just tries to make good games instead. ITG is "Popular amoung those who like it" if you understand what I mean by that.

If you're talking about people who shell out to play ITG, sure. But last time I was on SMO, there were few rooms where people lacked the ITG sims. People play it, they're just too damn cheap to buy it. disgust.gif

If you went to an arcade, where DDR had normally been, and all of a sudden an ITG machine was next to it, which would you play? People who regularly play DDR might be looking for something new, something more challenging. Granted, I see a lot more light players than heavy players at my arcade, but even the light players play on ITG pretty constantly. The only reason you can possibly say that ITG isn't as popular at this point is becuase ITG isn't as widespread as DDR, simply because DDR is 6 years newer than ITG.

wrote:
This hasn't already been pointed out: fan service in video game development is overrated. It's not your fucking game, guys. If you played DDR 3rd mix first, and you liked it, then they certainly don't need your help/advice for DDR 5th mix. They found music that was new to you and made charts that you enjoyed once and they can do it again. Blizzard does not take requests for World of Warcraft. Thank goodness. Likewise, Konami doesn't accept advice from DDRFreak that they wouldn't have considered by themselves. Thank goodness.

I've tried to stay neutral as to which game I like more (only hoping that ITG gets to stay) but I have to take a side for just a second here.

I guess you don't post on the official ITG boards (now the Roxor boards) but there's an entire board just for new ideas from the fans. We post new mod ideas, new noteskin ideas, new music ideas, etc.

They browse these boards too, and when you guys said stuff about ITG1 like "the music selection sucks" they broadened out the best they could. They added some Bambee, etc. You've gotta remember that these guys don't have the giant financial budget to get licensed songs like Konami does, and they do the best they can with what they have. I like most of the music in ITG2, the songs are catchy, and the steps certainly complement them.

I seem to remember about a year ago when I was still a regular on these boards, I read a lot of "the Max and Paranoia series suck musically, I just play them because they're the only songs with any challenge." Maybe Konami was listening to that, since FAXX sounds unlike any other Max... but were they listening well? The general consensus about FAXX (and EVERY other Boss song in DDRSN) is that they totally suck musically. There are a TON of songs where the music is complex enough to make a complex stepchart (Red Zone could've easily been a 10, as could most other Naoki songs), but why didn't they? If they really were listening to the fans (and trying to make the game more like ITG), I think we would've seen several more 10s than we did.

Oh, and thanks for making a pretty intelligent reply to my original post, I'm tired of seeing the same basic "ITG sux" and "DDR sux" stuff posted here. E15.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

275. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just one thing to add to this conversation.

To everyone thinking ITG is not for beginners: Thursday Night we had a lockin for the kids in the Concurrent Enrollment(read: High School kids taking college classes) program at the college I work at. Every year I put up every music game I have to play and see what sticks. This year, I brought Guitar Hero, IIDX RED, Karoke Revolution Party, Supernova, and ITG. The kids played ITG on Novice/Easy all night(along with KR and GH being pretty big, and IIDX had a few players consistantly as well), and Supernova got turned off after an hour of no one playing on it. The kids just kinda took over the games, and enjoyed ITG more. One girl even played Bend Your Mind Easy and thought that the hands were insanely fun to do. They also commented on the musical selection, and everything by Kid Whatever and E1.gif got big smiles.

Who knows. I just hope Konami can continue with the series.

Triad for life.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
DragonWolf_
Trick Member
Trick Member

276. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pags wrote:

Sure, it's productive if you are talking about exercise. People who run everyday don't run for more than an hour to an hour and 15 minutes though. 20 to 30 of those minutes are warming up or stretching. I used to run everyday because I was a long distance runner for track. If he's playing ITG 1 hour a day every day, that's ok I guess. But I really don't know anyone who plays for that short of an amount of time.

I only play for an hour at a time. I really push myself. After an hour I can't even stand anymore. I can't be the only one that only plays an hour a day. Stop making broad generalizations.

pags wrote:

Good, you're getting exercise. Congratulations! You're still a loser.

What a ludicrous statement.
So getting exercise makes you a loser? erm.gif
You aren't making yourself look very good with these idiotic ramblings.
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

277. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pags wrote:
So when did I say that playing dance games makes someone a loser?

About two paragraphs up:

pags wrote:
But playing ITG by yourself in your basement every day? Good, you're getting exercise. Congratulations! You're still a loser.

pags wrote:
So it's pretty rude that I'm calling you a loser. I don't know you at all and it's rash of me to judge you like that. What I'm saying is that playing ITG everyday at home is a somewhat loser-ish thing to do. It doesn't necessarily make you a loser, but it's a trait that many other losers possess. And I'm using the term "loser" losely. I don't kow if you're losing anything (other than a few pounds maybe). You could still be a winner, who knows. I surely don't.

In short: "You're a loser. But you might not be." Wow, man. Way to be confident and sure of your opinion.

I would respond more to the individual "points" you made, but I don't think I need to. Besides, that post (which was more of an unnecessary attack than a defense of your position) pretty much killed any respect I had for you.

P.S. Next time you feel like writing us an essay about your life, consider this: nobody cares.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
Chilly Cha Cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

278. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Sir 0rion {DMC} wrote:
Whatever, there's hardly any information to support that as a "logical" conclusion.

Indeed, the logical conclusion is the opposite. Keep in mind that the settlement simply could have required Roxor to destroy all marketing and promotional materials, as well as to cease and desist all support for existing ITG products (ITG/ITGPS2/ITG2), as well as all production, marketing and promtion of future and current products (ITG2/ITG3). That is NOT, apparently, what the settlement stipulates. Instead, by inference from the press release, Konami acquired those rights (to support, produce, market, etc). Konami must have wanted them for some reason. It appears the most logical reason (but, of course, not the only possible reason - this IS speculation) just might be to continue the franchise in some way. For example:

Cutriss wrote:
The ideal situation is that Konami would keep the ITG product line, and start using it to do spring/summer releases. There is a sizeable gap in the year-round schedule, and by filling in the gap with ITG, there's plenty of room for sales of both products. I would expect that future arcade games might be more unified, simply because having two cabinets in most arcades is a non-starter. I would expect Konami to keep the DDR brand in arcades, with promotion of ITG where appropriate.

Sounds like a plan...
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

279. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a sensible discussion in this thread (well, relatively) that should continue, and there's also a group of people bashing their heads into walls, and I can't quite figure out why. Please start bashing your heads into walls in a more amusing fashion, or get on with your nonsense elsewhere. Thanks.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 14 of 26

Jump to: