Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Addresses Sync Issue in DDR SuperNOVA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow0290
Trick Member
Trick Member

880. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikefromsantee.com wrote:
It looks like Konami has decided to ditch the nonstops due to the nonstop scoring bug (which has yet to be seen happen in the US).

What's this?
Trick Member
Trick Member

881. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow0290 wrote:
It looks like Konami has decided to ditch the nonstops due to the nonstop scoring bug (which has yet to be seen happen in the US).

What's this?

http://www.konami.jp/bemani/ddr/jp/am/sn/ranking/data/001/s008.html

notice scores #1 through #6. knowing that the maximum score of anything in the game is 10,000,000 points, there has to be some kind of glitch or hack to get higher than that score. it has yet to be duplicated outside of japan, and doesnt appear that anyone in the "ddr community" knows how to do it, or will speak about it if they do know.
Trick Member
Trick Member

882. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scintilla wrote:
BBH wrote:
... especially since DDR doesn't have a specific Double Premium setting, so if I'm paying two credits a play... I want to get as much fun out of it as possible.

The machine at the University of Pittsburgh did; it was Joint Premium and Double Premium simultaneously. But it seems that all the machines I've seen that actually get regular use never have this option turned on.

that's because Joint Premium always allows one-credit Double play. What I mean is that there's no way to be able to play Double on one credit without also having Versus enabled... which is why most arcades won't bother turning it on. ITG2 has Double Premium turned on by default, and AFAIK Pump it Up has always allowed one-credit Double play (on the few machines I've played, anyway).
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

883. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BBH"][quote="Scintilla"]
BBH wrote:
Pump it Up has always allowed one-credit Double play (on the few machines I've played, anyway).

Yup. The Pump philosiphy is "Eh, its not being used otherwise. Have fun!" Pump though is different because you can switch from single to double whenever you want during song selection.

Last edited by Razma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

884. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
shadow0290 wrote:

What's this?

http://www.konami.jp/bemani/ddr/jp/am/sn/ranking/data/001/s008.html

notice scores #1 through #6. knowing that the maximum score of anything in the game is 10,000,000 points, there has to be some kind of glitch or hack to get higher than that score. it has yet to be duplicated outside of japan, and doesnt appear that anyone in the "ddr community" knows how to do it, or will speak about it if they do know.

Why doesn't Konami just delete those scores? And where did Konami say they will ditch the nonstops for IR???
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

885. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami didn't say it. It simply looks like they're doing it differently because of the glitch in Nonstop mode. Smart move, actually, because back in the days of Max2, the real test of skill was how high you could make Nearly 130. Now that there is a new scoring system, high percentage scores will be fewer and far between.

Last edited by Razma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

886. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, that sucks if they're not going to do any more Nonstops at all. I want another shot at Low-Score Attack. =(
Trick Member
Trick Member

887. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingofLight06 wrote:
And if distant rattling is in the song, then it's part of the music, and steps can go to it. But it's all a matter of opinion as to whether someone likes that sort of thing or not.

If you can't hear the noise at the arcade to which you should be stepping, what is the point? There are a good portion of the songs who, on expert, I can't hear that distant humming or whatnot to which I should be stepping. Look at Euphoria expert.

The reason I like Konami charts and why I think most in this thread would agree is that, when they do it right (Cartoon Heroes, So Deep, Xenon, Twilight Zone) they can create a great stepchart that is varied enough and "busy" enough to keep the player interested without pushing them to the point of physical exhaustion. There are a few charts in ITG which have the same effect (ROM-eo and Juli8, Summer hard, Monolith hard) but not nearly as many that are well-done.

Look, I play both ITG and DDR and like both for different reasons. If I had to pick one game, though, to play exclusively it would be DDR and that is because for me it has a better choice of music and a larger quantity of charts that I would play more frequently. The point of my post was that I hope Konami doesn't go down either of two routes: making songs and charts just to be hard and lacking in music quality, or making really simple and boring charts for great songs that I would otherwise play if the difficulty were increased to an 8 or 9.
View users profile Send private message
KingofLight06
Trick Member
Trick Member

888. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zdemigoth wrote:
KingofLight06 wrote:
And if distant rattling is in the song, then it's part of the music, and steps can go to it. But it's all a matter of opinion as to whether someone likes that sort of thing or not.

If you can't hear the noise at the arcade to which you should be stepping, what is the point? There are a good portion of the songs who, on expert, I can't hear that distant humming or whatnot to which I should be stepping. Look at Euphoria expert.

The reason I like Konami charts and why I think most in this thread would agree is that, when they do it right (Cartoon Heroes, So Deep, Xenon, Twilight Zone) they can create a great stepchart that is varied enough and "busy" enough to keep the player interested without pushing them to the point of physical exhaustion. There are a few charts in ITG which have the same effect (ROM-eo and Juli8, Summer hard, Monolith hard) but not nearly as many that are well-done.

Look, I play both ITG and DDR and like both for different reasons. If I had to pick one game, though, to play exclusively it would be DDR and that is because for me it has a better choice of music and a larger quantity of charts that I would play more frequently. The point of my post was that I hope Konami doesn't go down either of two routes: making songs and charts just to be hard and lacking in music quality, or making really simple and boring charts for great songs that I would otherwise play if the difficulty were increased to an 8 or 9.

I agree with this. I feel that Konami should keep on doing what they are doing, since I like a lot of the charts that they make go well with the music.

Everytime I read this, I see "Eh, it's not that bad. When you're single, and really turned on, you hardly even notice it"
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
koffan
Trick Member
Trick Member

889. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose even 1st-3rd mix may have had somewhat better quality steps than SN (gaps in Hero is fine since it's a 6, but after a few years when there are gaps in 7's and some 8's it's not that good), but I don't play arcade much, so I can edit . I do have some hope that Konami will up the quality if they make a new DDR game, which they seem to have been doing to the home versions. (sorry to bring that up, i felt some nostalgia and after reading the debate I had to get that off my chest)

Anyway, back on this topic, I would play doubles if I had access to two pads. I've played and can barely do 6's on double (compared to 9's-easy 10's on single). I saw a video of AA, and the guy looks like he's running back and forth upon the pad, which looked fun yet strange. Also, I have this stupid feeling that I'd be a machine hog if I did doubles, which wouldn't be good.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

890. PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koffan wrote:
I saw a video of AA, and the guy looks like he's running back and forth upon the pad, which looked fun yet strange.

i'm famous riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

891. PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is ridiculous when I, unless someone in the US puts in a score before 10 AM CST, will be the only US player on the Boss Rush Episode I ranking. That I believe, is sad.

Surely there are more of you who do well on challenge courses and have access to Supernova.

C'mon you guys! Get into it!

(I know, it's probably not going to work, but hey, I had to say something about the lack of participation on the IR)
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

892. PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lildrchris25 wrote:
(I had to say something about the lack of participation on the IR)

Blame it on availability. If it weren't for the fact that upgrade kits aren't available yet, I would have entered each one. Granted, my Boss Rush score probably would have been pitiful, I still would have entered.

Last edited by Razma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

893. PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even then, I shouldn't be the only guy in the US on the Boss Rush EP I.

Surely we should see some of the Cali players (other than mike from santee)
Trick Member
Trick Member

894. PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lildrchris25 wrote:
It is ridiculous when I, unless someone in the US puts in a score before 10 AM CST, will be the only US player on the Boss Rush Episode I ranking. That I believe, is sad.

Surely there are more of you who do well on challenge courses and have access to Supernova.

C'mon you guys! Get into it!

(I know, it's probably not going to work, but hey, I had to say something about the lack of participation on the IR)

cuz boss rush sucks.
Trick Member
Trick Member

895. PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expected more participation in supernova oni since it is a scoreboard course. oh well.

i've been working boss rush 1 on doubles. i've almost got seduction and civ mix down.

boss rush 2 looks awful.
View users profile Send private message
lildrchris25
Trick Member
Trick Member

896. PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least we are getting some players on the Supernova oni course.

But Boss Rush, eh, nope. Checked it again on singles. I'm still the only US player on there.
Trick Member
Trick Member

897. PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will submit a (crappy) score before IR #2 closes.

I'm currently the only US player to have submitted a (crappy) score for Boss Rush I on Double... unless someone else did in the last 2 days.
Trick Member
Trick Member

898. PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, for this weekend:

Boss Rush Ep I - Unlikely to do again.
Supernova - Might do it one more time on Singles or Doubles. I screwed up royally on Wookie Wookie on doubles.
Naoki Supernova Selection - I need to get better than 93.9% in order to not fall out of the top #100 before the ranking closes. Won't likely do it on doubles. My Only Shining Star on doubles is nuts. (a little)
Trick Member
Trick Member

899. PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, has anyone's arcade gotten the SuperNOVA upgrade kit yet? Because according to this, it should be available by now...

An admin on Barcade's forum wrote:
We will be sending out the kits this week. It will be a gradual process because we are having to update all of the kits ourselves with the patch and it takes over an hour for each kit. We cannot flash the drive, it is a slow process. Tell your local arcade or operator to contact their nearest Betson office if they are interested in the kits. www.betson.com.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: