Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Should it count?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Should it count? Reply with quote

I'm getting an adaptor so I can finally play stepmania on foot. I'm excited because you can set arcade timing windows on stepmania, so basically if I can do something on there, I'll be able to at the arcade.

I was wondering if it should count as a public score if I did something on stepmania with the correct timing windows. I know homeversion console scores shouldn't count with the large timing windows and all, but isn't having a stepmania setup at home with arcade timing windows like owning your own machine?

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the type of pad you use also matters too so I'm not sure. =/
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobalt fluxxx is what I have.

edit: with an arcade mod as well.

483-48-3892

PM me for my bank information and credit card number, or call me at my home phone (1-[secret mexican area code]-384-4838, or press down all three buttons on your jitterbug phone at the same time) for any other information you would like to know.
shurf
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I don't see why not.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
yagsimit69
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was the same debate as when people hacked itg2 machines to put old ddr songs on them. it doesn't count. the only ddr scores that count are ones on a ddr cab. with ddr software. theres no other way to get a legit score. period.

View users profile Send private message
Dogswood
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Should it count? Reply with quote

Mariogirl wrote:
I'm getting an adaptor so I can finally play stepmania on foot. I'm excited because you can set arcade timing windows on stepmania, so basically if I can do something on there, I'll be able to at the arcade.

I was wondering if it should count as a public score if I did something on stepmania with the correct timing windows. I know homeversion console scores shouldn't count with the large timing windows and all, but isn't having a stepmania setup at home with arcade timing windows like owning your own machine?

what do you mean a public score? Like a AAA that you post in the AAA thread type thing? Of course it counts, just like home version scores count.

Scores are "legit" if you actually got them one either default ddr software settings (home versions) or when difficulty is set to emulate arcade difficulty (stepmania).

imo, but maybe some bigots will disagree
Nomislegend
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she means DDRecall, otherwise I don't know. If you are posting for DDRecall, you can't post it as legit since it has to be on a real machine.
yagsimit69
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok people you can't argue about this. its not an opinion thing, the only scores that count are scores on a real machine.

Mariogirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, I meant to put recall. I guess I'll lock those when I get them.

483-48-3892

Dogswood
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yagsimit69 wrote:
ok people you can't argue about this. its not an opinion thing, the only scores that count are scores on a real machine.

person one: hey I was just playing extreme 2 on ps2, and I got a AA on PSMO
you: no you didn't
p1: ya...I did, it says right there
you: its not real
p1: ya...I just did it, right now, two seconds ago
you: doesn't count
p1: uh...then why does a game exist if nothing in it or to do with it "counts"?
you: because its fake, everything in it is fake. Opinion is only opinion based when it's mine!
Chaos Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is mainly how i play because i can't go to arcades very often. i consider it to count (though only for ITG cuz i have ITG timings)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: