Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR TX pad FOILS!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaksary
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: DDR TX pad FOILS! Reply with quote

i have played DDR for about 2 years.. my mat is now in poor condition. I opened the pad and saw how poor are the FOILS on the upper side of the pad. is there any shop to buy new foils or something? or can i fix it myself with some tool?
stormshadow
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can replace the foil with sheet metal.
View users profile Send private message
Jaksary
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly is sheet-metal? is it like steel?
cornchipz
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sell sheet metal at most big hardware stores. I don't know.... there was some kind of guide on it somewhere... anyone have a link?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
frank_the_Tank
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornchipz wrote:
They sell sheet metal at most big hardware stores. I don't know.... there was some kind of guide on it somewhere... anyone have a link?

is it the stuff on the arrows cause it does fall apart and you get copper sheet as thin as possible and cut it in to 1 inch by 3 and put two of them on the bottom of each panel and that should fix it i did and now it works fine!

THIS JUST IN~ THEY HAVE IMPROVED THE QUALITY OF CONDOMS, SO NOW ACCIDENTS LIKE YOU WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
cph05a
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a cheaper/easier solution is to use foil-backed tape. It works just the same. If you need something hard behind it, posterboard works. You can get it in the ventalation duct section of home depo. The only thing is you'll have to replace the foil tape eventually. If you do decide to go with the sheet metal (I had considered it myself) it can be found with the roofing stuff.
View users profile Send private message
frank_the_Tank
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cph05a wrote:
a cheaper/easier solution is to use foil-backed tape. It works just the same. If you need something hard behind it, posterboard works. You can get it in the ventalation duct section of home depo. The only thing is you'll have to replace the foil tape eventually. If you do decide to go with the sheet metal (I had considered it myself) it can be found with the roofing stuff.
i tried a sheet of galvnized steel and super glued it on and it fell off after 3 8+ foot song right now i'm putting pennies on cause it dosen't have to go down that far and it sensitive so i hope it works

THIS JUST IN~ THEY HAVE IMPROVED THE QUALITY OF CONDOMS, SO NOW ACCIDENTS LIKE YOU WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!!
ChilliumBromide
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to make a guide to this once I've done this with one of my own pads, but here's what you can do with the sheet metal:

Item List:
-double-sided tape.
-8" x 8" sheet of metal (go for hard but light, if you can get Titanium sheet, it'll last you 'till your 80) for each panel
-Duct Tape

Cover the ENTIRE back of the sheet metal square with double-sided tape, make sure there's no overlap; feel free to cut the tape to get a good fit.

Place the sheet metal square on the sensor panel, put the arrow panel on top, stomp.

3. Lift the arrow panel off and then duct tape the sheet metal square to the arrow panel. Make sure it's firm with no air bubbles.

NOTE: I've not seen the inside of a TX pad, I'm supposing it's not too severly different from the generic ones you can get on eBay though.
frank_the_Tank
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank_the_Tank wrote:
cph05a wrote:
i tried a sheet of galvnized steel and super glued it on and it fell off after 3 8+ foot song right now i'm putting pennies on cause it dosen't have to go down that far and it sensitive so i hope it works

ok update on this with the pennies THEY WORK GREAT!!!!!!!!!just get 2,3 per panel and use gorila glue and then it works fine so far i have gotten

DDR-Parinoia suvivor heavy B
ITG-The beggining expert B-

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: