Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Need your opinion - [Arcade Cabinet:: MMB GXG or CF?]

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StepLord
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Need your opinion - [Arcade Cabinet:: MMB GXG or CF?] Reply with quote

Hey there! I'm building a StepMania DDR Cabinet, and I really need your opinion on something. It's obviously about the pads, because I'm 100% sure I'll be using a modified Solo 2000 Cabinet and running Stepmania Arcade Build 6.

Now, my problem is the pads. Obviously, the best pad I can get is Bemani's DDR Platform which is used in the arcade. Yet, I will not do this. I need something that will feel my like it is my own. That is why I took the two best on the market - the Cobalt Flux and the MyMyBox Blueshark GXG.

Now all I need is your opinion on which one I should use for an arcade-based game experience! Each pad costs $299, and supposedly work very well. Cobalt Flux is legendary, while the new MMB BGXG is rising with the arcade sensors.
-------

Arcades:

Burnout Arcade (My House)
Uncle G's (Oxford Valley Mall, Langhorne, PA)
TIME OUT (Neshaminy Mall, Bensalem, PA)

Last edited by StepLord on Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMB GXG pad. Cobalt flux feels NOTHING like the arcade, and apparantly these bluesharks GXGs are amazing and feel very much like the arcade.

or, you could always order a solo cab with the pad and resolder it using that instruction sheet on bemanistyle...assuming you dont have the cabinet or are getting it for cheap.
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Blueshark was delivered to my place within 6 days of purchase. Mymybox seems to have pretty decent Customer Service who were helpful.

As for the pad, here's my review after 2 hours of playing nonstop. In short, it's AMAZING. All of my scores have gotten significantly higher (From A to AA and AA to AAA) and it feels just like the arcade, but better since it's new. Also, the pad never moved on the carpet. The only bad thing was that the panels rubbed against the metal, so it sounded bad, but that can be fixed with WD40. What I really like about it is using those old soft pad covers from redoctane, I could play in socks.

Note: I have never played on a CF, so I don't know how good those are.
View users profile Send private message
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Need your opinion! Reply with quote

StepLord wrote:
Hey there! I'm building a StepMania DDR Cabinet, and I really need your opinion on something. It's obviously about the pads, because I'm 100% sure I'll be using a modified Solo 2000 Cabinet and running Stepmania Arcade Build 6.

Wait... where does one get Stepmania Arcade version (any build) if he/she wanted to work on a similar arcade-Stepmania project E19.gif .
StepLord
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Need your opinion! Reply with quote

So far, looks like MMB Blueshark GXG is crushing Cobalt Flux. I was expecting a bunch of people going "Buy a CF!!." I guess I'm leaning into the GXG 90% now.

Travelsonic wrote:

Wait... where does one get Stepmania Arcade version (any build) if he/she wanted to work on a similar arcade-Stepmania project E19.gif .

Good question. I got mine at BemaniStyle.com, under the topic "HOWTO: Build a StepMania Machine." It is under the "DDR Simulation" Forum, I believe. Sadly, alot of the links are taken out or not working. You can check there, but I'm sorry if it's not. You can always try Google, but I never had luck with that. Or you can ask the creator of that topic on BemaniStyle.com where he got his -from what I hear he has built many of these machines.

I personally think building a StepMania Machine is much better. You get freedom, and you can have all DDR/ITG Mixes in one machine. A Solo Cabinet only costs $380 with the moniter. The pad for solo costs $195, and $195 fro a deluxe upgrade kit, so that is about $400 a pad. $1100 is alot of money, but this way it will give you best results I guess. My alternative is to get the Cabinet, get 2 BlueShark GXGs, and get some custom sticker sets for the machine.

- - - - - - -

Thanks, everyone, for you contribution.
-------

Arcades:

Burnout Arcade (My House)
Uncle G's (Oxford Valley Mall, Langhorne, PA)
TIME OUT (Neshaminy Mall, Bensalem, PA)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
funandsun
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know about this blueshark metal pad. How about Nexen pad?
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: