Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What Inspires you to keep playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAF
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the game's fun?
The potential you'll be that you'll never see
The promises you'll only make
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PBoy227
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Competition, nuff said.

Call it DDR! Call it ITG! Either way, it still taste like chicken.
Konami created it (DDR), RoXoR perfected it (ITG), and we should all respect them equally.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DArkKy0
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a fun game

Better than DDR (IMO)

Wanna try and get where kevbo, adamstyles , and Lil Q are...

and theres awesome music.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
ssvegeta1010
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DArkKy0 wrote:

Wanna try and get where kevbo, admstyles , and Lil Q are...

That is also a big driving force for me. I know I will never be ***ing 13s, at least no time in the next 2 years, but I want to get to the point where I can at least pass 13s and where I can really start to FA 9s and 10s (99-100%, none of the 90-96 crap that I'm doing now)
View users profile Send private message
Dogswood
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play because this one time, John Locke said that even if I played non-stop for a year, I'd never beat 1 of Damien's "important scores". I figure it's feasable, I took a screenshot, so if in 1 year, I can beat any of those scores, any one (I figure important= 10 feet or above), then I win. gg no re.
ssvegeta1010
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynasty99 wrote:
I play because this one time, John Locke said that even if I played non-stop for a year, I'd never beat 1 of Damien's "important scores". I figure it's feasable, I took a screenshot, so if in 1 year, I can beat any of those scores, any one (I figure important= 10 feet or above), then I win. gg no re.

Ok, so thats a tad obsessive don't you think? Play to beat where you used to be, not to disprove a statement bya mod.
Dogswood
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not like obessed, I play to get better and have fun, thats just a personal challenge, so I work towards it.
A.....The song
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that inspires me the most is the songs gameplay and stepcharts, And also girls love it when they see someonce playing a machine really fast trust me.
SortaEvil
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Sakura Black wrote:
The thing that inspires me the most is the songs gameplay and stepcharts, And also girls love it when they see someonce playing a machine really fast trust me.

They do? What arcade do you play at, 'cause I would love to get some girls by playing DDR. It hasn't worked for me yet, though. disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Da Bar
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play because i'm bored. and because we have a dedicab with about 1700 songs on it.

AA Bob wrote:
If you only knew of the prodigious dimensions of my sack, you would realize how foolish you sound.
Jayden Hakrodan
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few things, actually.

1) It's a video game. Video games are, well, my passion.(You can guess what my career will be just by it)

2) Dance music is my favorite genre of music, and In The Groove/DDR provides plenty of it.

3) I like a challenge, and things that provide greater interactivity than controllers in which you press A button, then press B, and maybe you chain them together with C for a combo. Boring, especially when compared to DDR where you actually step on a mat. I'm like that with many games(Beatmania, Driving wheel for driving games, mech games with huge controllers and a rediculous number of buttons/wheels, etc.)

4) I'd like to be a good player and compete against the best along and play in tournaments. I love competition.

5) I have fun! Believe it or not, I actually play because I have fun, even when I'm falling over afterwards and heaving. riiight.gif

6) I don't have anything better to do. If I get into something, it pretty much becomes the number one thing on my list. As you can imagine, I'm the guy who's the outcast of society with one friend in which I stay in my room almost 24/7 just playing DDR because I have nothing else to do. I'm, ahem, "dedicated" like that.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ham!
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayden Hakrodan wrote:
mech games with huge controllers and a rediculous number of buttons/wheels, etc.)

I played a mechwarrior game at Six Flags that had you use a huge complicated system like that. That was so much fun!

I play because I'm the best out of my coworkers, but I know I can be much better. It's the most fun I've had in a long time, and it's cutting my weight down drastically.

I will pass Pandemonium on Hard someday. I promise this.
Dogswood
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we talking about steel batallion?
Jayden Hakrodan
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynasty99 wrote:
are we talking about steel batallion?

I certainly am. I didn't have the money at the time, but I met someone who had it, so I got to try it out. Fun to the next level if you could figure out what button did what.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Hands R' Us
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep playing to win at every song and to get the best scores.

ITG home version expert difficulty progress report: All songs beaten except Pandemonium
MAJO
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing ITG has helped me gain a lot of endurance. At one point, I was playing more ITG than DDR at the arcade. Then when I went back to DDR, I found that I had more endurance and I was able to pass songs like MAX 300 and PARANOiA survivor consistently with confidence knowing that I will pass it almost everytime cause before, I sometimes would get really tired at the end and not finish the song.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: