Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami Addresses Sync Issue in DDR SuperNOVA
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junior Asparagus
Administrator
Administrator

0. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Konami Addresses Sync Issue in DDR SuperNOVA Reply with quote

barcade, a representative of Betson, the company who distributed the DDR SuperNOVA arcade cabinets, has been posting in several threads that Konami is aware of the problems that many players have reported regarding the timing on certain songs.

The issue appears to be software-related, and Konami will release an update in the near future. Arcade operators will have to install the update, which will contain a new song. More news, including a release date, will be coming soon.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I hope it comes out soon, although the syncing has not really affected gameplay too much for me.
View users profile Send private message
Big Boss
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the new song will be.......if anything of any importance. Maybe it's Max. (period) haha
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stompyarrowthings wrote:
Wow I hope it comes out soon, although the syncing has not really affected gameplay too much for me.

Yeah, I've not noticed a horrible synching issue with many of the songs I saw played last weekend, except for 'Brazilian Anthem' which is REALLY off.

A lil' surprised to hear about the new song, but it's a positive thing with Konami having more surprises for us...guess I'm still the only one lobbying for them never to put 'MAX.(period)' in an arcade DDR, but since I'm now seemingly outnumbered, I say go for it...despite the complaints people had about it in DDREX JP... disturb.gif

Last edited by Saotome2U on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
im teh blu3
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i hope it comes out soon i havent played it yet but seeing how there has been alot of post about timing issues
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Travissssssssss
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, now I get to readjust to the timing window again!

disgust.gif

EDIT:

Will this be free for those that already have Supernova?

Last edited by Travissssssssss on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total
Liquid Zero
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.T.riad: I hate you wrote:
I wonder what the new song will be.......if anything of any importance. Maybe it's Max. (period) haha

lol, MAX.(period) would probably be the worst pick for an "exclusive song cuz Konami messed up" thing. Here they are trying to continue DDR success, yet the song is something that seems to imply the contrary.
View users profile Send private message Send email
#Infinity
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe this was why I was getting plenty of Greats when I first tried out SuperNova, not because the timing window was really small. Probably not, though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saotome2U wrote:
A lil' surprised to hear about the new song, but it's a positive thing with Konami having more surprises for us...guess I'm still the only one lobbying for them never to put 'MAX.(period)' in an arcade DDR, but since I'm now seemingly outnumbered, I say go for it...despite the complaints people had about it in DDRPC... disturb.gif

You mean DDR EX CS JP. The only 10-footer in Party Collection was PARANOiA -Respect-, which is (unlike MAX.) an awesome song and already included in SuperNOVA.
Kitten Nuggets
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like corndogs and this is good news. Hopefully they don't just mess things up more though.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Oops, screwed up again...post edited.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Bandit22
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so now all the people who said nothing was wrong with it are officially incorrect.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe DDR isn't dead after all...
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid Zero wrote:
C.T.riad: I hate you wrote:

lol, MAX.(period) would probably be the worst pick for an "exclusive song cuz Konami messed up" thing. Here they are trying to continue DDR success, yet the song is something that seems to imply the contrary.

Only time will tell. lol Also, another 'theory' could be a max song that isn't gayed up like Faxx.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami should have gotten it right the first time. Seriously, this only proves that SuperNOVA is a rush-job that was pushed out to compete with ITG.

It's just totally ridiculous that any song should be off in a game like this, and is made even worse by the fact that not only are several songs off-sync, but some songs will be on-sync once and horribly off-sync the next.

I'm just going to stick with ITG, kthx. At least Roxor knows how to sync songs and make charts difficult without throwing in a boatload of BPM changes and stops, not to mention how to sync songs well (yeah, I know they had a few off-sync charts in the first releases...while that most definitely shouldn't have happened in the first place, at least they were quick to correct it).
Hlavco
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, "LET THEM MOVE"! E4.gif

The ultimate reward for any occasion.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit22 wrote:
so now all the people who said nothing was wrong with it are officially incorrect.

no, there's still nothing wrong with it, it's just that enough people whined about something being wrong because they were mad they couldn't get AAA's as easily, they had to actually use some timing (oh noes)!

so enough peple complaining = game change. lmao
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbv aka deepbluevibes wrote:
Bandit22 wrote:

no, there's still nothing wrong with it, it's just that enough people whined about something being wrong because they were mad they couldn't get AAA's as easily, they had to actually use some timing (oh noes)!

Uh...no. If there wasn't actually a syncing problem, Konami wouldn't be releasing an update to FIX IT.
So um, is it bad that awhile ago I was watching Family Guy, and when Quagmire came on, I thought something to the effect of "Whoa, It's AA Bob!" (I don't remember if the exact thought was "It's AA Bob" or "It's AA Bob's avatar", but I don't think it matters in this case)?
nystargate
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

18. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had enough confidence in my own judgment to know that there were synching problems, without having to hear official confirmation and posted as such in my Regional Forum. It was so bad that I played it for the first time on July 4 and refused to play it since.

I am very glad to hear the problems are going to be fixed and I will play it again as soon as I hear it is fixed. I really like a lot of the new songs and most of the new steps (I could tell what the steps were trying to do and could tell they were good even though the machine was giving me random feedback).
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Xopher
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbv aka deepbluevibes wrote:

It works with every MMORPG out there, so why not DDR?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: