Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MTV drumscape

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: MTV drumscape Reply with quote

I recently played this game at craigs cruisers called MTV drumscape, perhaps the worst music game this side of MC dance groovez. I looked at it, and thought one thing; "Hey look, its guitar hero with drums!" then i played it and realized its even worse than that. Featuring a lame songlist and no grading system. Never play this. Ever.

Post thoughts on here about the terrible game.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Jupichan
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it once like five years ago. Never having seen any music games before, I thought it was kinda spiffy.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Rob138
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how everything is compared to Guitar Hero now... >_>

I also played this game many many years ago when I had never played DrumMania and my thoughts were that it was kinda cool. Although when it was over and I didn't get a grade or any kind of statistic, I felt kinda cheated! I had played DDR before that so I was explecting SOMETHING at the end of the song... $$$ well wasted IMHO.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, hello, it's made by MTV! Shouldn't that give you a clue to the level of suck? E13.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played MTV Drumscape at a Six Flags theme park about 5 years ago. I thought it was terrible, because from what I can remember, the game had no objective. You just picked a song, and then you played a game of "bang on the drums however you want while music plays in the background". No guide to play along with the song, no instructions, heck, no interaction. I think I wasted $1.50 on that game hoping it would be like DrumMania. =\
View users profile Send private message
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worse part about it is that it owns the right to be the only drum game at arcades made in the US! Which means we're never gonna see a US drummania or taiko game at arcades. We can see illegally imported versions, but no game made in US. There goes MTV and making there product the only one again.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Great game A++ will play again.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-POP_FOR_LIFE wrote:
worse part about it is that it owns the right to be the only drum game at arcades made in the US! Which means we're never gonna see a US drummania or taiko game at arcades. We can see illegally imported versions, but no game made in US. There goes MTV and making there product the only one again.

frust.gif

Fuxxing MTV.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god. Which Craig's Cruisers is it at? Holland or Muskegon?

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not at craigs cruisers...i played it at ceder point.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good. I thought for a minute that I actually had to live within 100 miles of that piece of crap. Heh.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: