Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Official Simulators Thread: SIM question? Check here 1st
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

280. PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now for something original: Is there a program or something that can create a complete MP3 from a BMS file with all of the itty bitty sound files?

That would be awesomely badas.
Contributor
Contributor

281. PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tekkie ▶◀ wrote:
And now for something original: Is there a program or something that can create a complete MP3 from a BMS file with all of the itty bitty sound files?

That would be awesomely badas.

You'd need a sound editor for that, not to mention assisstance from the original composer... LOL. riiight.gif

DT
Trick Member
Trick Member

282. PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since all of the sound files used in the song are in the BMS folder and the BMS file itself can arrange all of the sounds to make the complete song, it's completely possible; although, without a program to do it, it would take a ton of time and guesswork.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

283. PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to do that would probably be to put BMS on autoplay and figure out a way to record from there.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Dark Hogosha
Trick Member
Trick Member

284. PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as BMS -> MP3, there IS such a thing, kinda. Unfortunately, the place that I got it once upon a time (like, four years ago) doesn't exist anymore or requires a login or something else equally bad for the situation, and I don't have the program anymore (it was on my now-dead laptop). It converted a BMS file to a WAV file, and I'm pretty sure you'd have no problem converting a WAV file to an MP3. I did a search for the file name (bms2wav_inst.exe), and didn't get anything...

...but at least you know such a thing exists.
"...to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success." - Emerson
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Dark Hogosha
Trick Member
Trick Member

285. PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it!

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ma~/tools/index.html

Download the "tjbms2wav007.zip"

Now for the tricky part. Take the file and put it inside the folder for whatever BMS you wish to convert to a WAV.

Run whatever c:/ prompt thing you have on your computer (DOS, XP's crappy emulator, whatever) and have the directory be the BMS folder. (The command for changing directories is "cd directory", replace "directory" with folder you're going to...if you need to go back folders, type "cd..". Just in case you didn't know...my DOS is pretty damn rusty.)

Now type "tjbms2wav filename.bms", but replace "filename" with whatever the name of the BMS file is.

It'll take a little bit (probably 10-15 seconds per minute of audio, maybe less), but it'll output a WAV called "filename" in that folder. I'm sure you either have or can find a program to convert WAV to MP3.

Hopefully this'll help.

Also, completely unrelated (but on topic)...any of you guys see this?
http://antonstruyk.com/freetar/
"...to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success." - Emerson
Seabassmonster
Trick Member
Trick Member

286. PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone has Kick It Up or a WORKING link to it, plz tell me
Trick Member
Trick Member

287. PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I would need some relatively easy beatmania songfiles, all the links I was proposed on J-Pop weren't working.
Dark Hogosha
Trick Member
Trick Member

288. PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/uv/fretsonfire/

Guitar Hero sim.

That is all.
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

289. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread may be almost 2 years old, but by god its a sticky, so I will post here.

Does anyone know if there is a karaoke pitch game simulator out there?

Something like a stepmania for games like karaoke revolution or Singstar. I thought it would be an AMAZING idea to have a simulator where people could add their own songs with lyrics and pitch tubes, so they would be able to sing all their favorite songs that may not already be on a karaoke pitch game.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

290. PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parinaiv wrote:
This thread may be almost 2 years old, but by god its a sticky, so I will post here.

Does anyone know if there is a karaoke pitch game simulator out there?

Something like a stepmania for games like karaoke revolution or Singstar. I thought it would be an AMAZING idea to have a simulator where people could add their own songs with lyrics and pitch tubes, so they would be able to sing all their favorite songs that may not already be on a karaoke pitch game.

check out ultrastar. It's a singstar simulator and is basically exactly what you're asking for.

http://www.ultrastardeluxe.org/
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

291. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOU!!!
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

292. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parinaiv wrote:
I LOVE YOU!!!

tell me how it works for you, i couldn't figure out how to use it when i tried getting it to work. I basically decided i'll just wait for lips to come out on 360 since apparantly it will be able to autogen charts for any song you put on there with lyric support and everything. plus, it comes with snazzy wireless light up mics.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

293. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my computer is crap, so I won't be playing it to the most of its ability until next month when I get a new one.

But it seems pretty rad so far. I haven't made any songs myself yet, but I found a huge database here

For now all I can do it play and get horrible ratings and only occasionally see my pitch show up, but I can live with it for a month.
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

294. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, seems like they have a lot of good stuff on that site.

as for it not running well, try the nondeluxe version. Since its, err, not deluxe, i imagine it will run on worse computers, lol.
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

295. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, already tried it, they work about the same. I may just install it on my roommate's computer while he is away happy.gif
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

296. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason i can't get songs+my mic working on the deluxe version but the nondeluxe version doesn't look nearly as nice.
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

297. PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried moving the purdy theme from deluxe into the old version?

Also, I tried it on my roommates computer and it is to die for biggrin.gif

And the mic from the game Boogie works great for it.
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

298. PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parinaiv wrote:
Have you tried moving the purdy theme from deluxe into the old version?

Also, I tried it on my roommates computer and it is to die for biggrin.gif

And the mic from the game Boogie works great for it.

another problem with original is it doesn't read .avi files, and all my songs with videos are .avi files besides like, 1. deluxe reads them perfectly and i get to watch videos while i fail at singing.

also, what does windows detect the boogie mic as? for my rock band one, it's detected as "logitech USB mic" and a lot of USB mics i've used in the past are also detected as that. i'm looking on other forums to find a problem because this is getting ridiculous.
gasm
Trick Member
Trick Member

299. PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it detects it as a logitech USB mic as well
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: