Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New to the Metal Pad Craze and need help

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormshadow
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: New to the Metal Pad Craze and need help Reply with quote

Just to start I'd like to give some info on me just so you can get a feel of where in the game and playing I am.

I started playing last year seriously after a year of hearing my friends talking about it. Currently I'm in the middle of Medium Heavy songs (Stoic, Sync, Sana Mollete Ente, the Trip Machines and things like that.) I would like to buy a metal pad but I'm an ill funded college kid with about $170 to spare maybe a little more and I was wondering if the BlueShark-MT6 or the BNSUSA Fusion is worh purchase.

A few of my friends play on metal pads a few of them have Afterburns or CFs or just other wierd ones. And I have a few questions about the MT6 and Fusion.

MT6Is it just a TX series rehash? And is my weight going to be a problem it says on the page 300lb limit and I weigh about 230. If it s a TX is it one of the better modles and how is blue shark with their shipping?

Fusion- THe breaking in won't really be a problem I'm pretty patient and I"m at Lazer Blaze alot so stomping there isn't really a problem. After it's broken in how good are the sensors? Again will my weight be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Stormshadow
View users profile Send private message
crushing the plains...v2
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT get the mymybox, it is a crappy TX1000 clone. The BNS Fusion is pretty solid, but it will be hard to manuever. I recommend getting a Ignition for now, It will last about 4-5 months if you are that heavy.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, don't get either. The tx1000's suck and that's basically what it is. It might be A LITTLE better but...
I dont know about the fusion, but it wouldn't be as good as a tx4000.
You can get a tx4000 for a grand total of less than $150 and they are a HUGE improvement from the tx1000. The tx4000 has metal panels instead of plastic so they can't break. The tx1000 has a better control box than the 1000. You can also feel your position cause the arrows are slightly recessed, unlike the fusion which is all 1 flat surface... E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nstcyber wrote:
I recommend getting a Ignition for now, It will last about 4-5 months if you are that heavy.

Actually, if you play your cards right, you can get over a years worth of play out of an Ignition.

videoCWK wrote:
ITG can go beyond level 10? Woah...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
psisarah
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[TCO] Patrick wrote:
Actually, if you play your cards right, you can get over a years worth of play out of an Ignition.

If I may...

[TCO] Patrick wrote:
Actually, if you play your cards right, you can get over a years worth of play out of multiple Ignitions by sending them back every few weeks before the warranty is up, since they'll die within that amount of time.

I've had a few friends who've bought Ignitions who only played on beginner-light, and each one had to return it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play on heavy and i use ignition and i have a ebay ignition style pad with no mods thats been working for over a year now,

i would stick to ignition pads for now. Wait until you have enough money for a cobalt flux with arcade mod arrows if you want something that will last and function, my friends had a cobalt flux for over a year with the arcade mod arrow kit!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Marq(uistadorous)
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquistadorous wrote:
Honestly, don't get either. The tx1000's suck and that's basically what it is. It might be A LITTLE better but...
I dont know about the fusion, but it wouldn't be as good as a tx4000.
You can get a tx4000 for a grand total of less than $150 and they are a HUGE improvement from the tx1000. The tx4000 has metal panels instead of plastic so they can't break. The tx1000 has a better control box than the 1000. You can also feel your position cause the arrows are slightly recessed, unlike the fusion which is all 1 flat surface... E1.gif

Comon; trust me on this E13.gif Seriously DO NOT even think about getting an ignition. I've played on a brand new one and it sucked. It only registered when it felt like it. My tx1000 is way better, and my tx1000 sucks!
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, sadly I already ordered the MT6. I think I may be able to mod it so the pads won't crack or reinforce it. I already kind of regret ordering it from mymybox. There isn't info on it's status. However when I get it I'll enjoy it as long as it last after the modding.

Do any of you know where I can find anything about modding one?
[TCO] Patrick
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that, the TX-1000 I own is now sitting in my room being stripped of parts. The thing lasted about two weeks before the down arrow failed to respond. I tried modding it, but failed miserably. Most of the circuitry is only accessible from below, which means ripping off the EVA foam wood board off.

videoCWK wrote:
ITG can go beyond level 10? Woah...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
stormshadow
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, then I just wasted 160 bucks on the thing if it is as bad as a lot of people say and it's no fixable. A friend of mine who's an electrician said he could re-wire it for me if they go bad. Hopefully it can be fixed or I'll have to send it back, or sell it after it's fixed and use the money to buy an afterburn
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: