Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DanceTrax - A New Dance Simulation Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnoct
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I'm underwhelmed. It sounds like it'll have good songs but from what I can see from the songlist it looks like something someone would release as a stepmania mix. Also, you guys do realize you're going to get sued, right?

/robodex two thousand and five
/#bemani on irc.dynastynet.net -- talk about bemani stuff.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Arch0wl VI
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Takahashi wrote:
The music list looks very nice and fresh but comon, its just another DDR-wanna be knockoff in my oponion

I can't really speak for the team here but I don't think the idea of DTX is to imitate anything. Repeat, I am speaking for myself, not for the team.

I have been playing DDR and bemani games for quite some time, about 4 years. The last thing I want to do is be a copycat. I think the idea of DTX is to perfect the dance game niche... but that's just my opinion.

The way I see it, DDR has been doing its thing forever. They've had the same kind of steps and the same kind of music for the longest time, which is fine, but I think it's time for other people to do their thing.

All the "knockoffs" you see in the scene... our game (DTX), ITG, and even NeonFM.. those are developed by people that started by playing DDR. All of the three "copycat" games are ran by extremely experienced DDR players and we know what you guys want. I don't think they're copycats at all.

I know that there's a lot of clones of DDR that just suck. But think about the first time you played ITG. What attracted you? The steps and the music (well I'd hope the steps and the music did because man if the graphics did I dunno >_>)

Our step team has some of the most diverse people ever to lay out arrow stomping rhythms to a song. We have a bunch of guys who satisfy every type of urge you guys could ever want... we have everything from k//eternal, who makes steps that get critical acclaim in "TournaMix", to mine.. which get critical acclaim on how bad the person failed XD

Overall I think a lot of you are going to like it. I can't say "OH THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER WATCH EVEN YOUR MOM WILL LOVE IT" but I can say that I'm confident most of you will be satisfied with what we have to offer.

-Arch0wl, DTX Gameplay Designer
View users profile Send private message
DJ Takahashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probley will like it, its just very unoriginal thats all E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to have a terrible amount of originality in arrow-smash, though. Music sounds great. I'm also interested in how the legality works, though I'm not sure anyone can disclose that over the Internet (Konami has eyes everywhere >_> <_<). Big question(s) from me: how are the stepcharts going to be? How is the timing going to be? I assume that last one will be the same as StepMania timing? All I know is ITG's timing window is exactly how I like it. As for charts, are we going to be seeing stuff like ITG's Expert mode of 11, 12, ... , n difficulty songs? Or maybe something like PIU's Freestyle charts? (I know when I heard the music, I immediately thought more about freestyling than FAing, but that's just me).

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Original Z
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the MSI?
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
EYYY
Go Getta
YEAH
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
CNLohr
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, a lot has been asked and very little has been answered.

1: The artists listed on the site are just the in-house artists, and directly associated artists. We are currently in talks with warner to get about three mainstream songs (not techno/club). At any rate, we will be producing bumper packs and optional song packs, so if an arcade owner really feels one genre is lacking, they can fix the problem.

Someone mentioned not having eurobeat... We have SAIFAM and Slash. What more could you want?

2: The cabinet is very different from anything you guys have seen before. Lifebars on the sides of the machines, 6-speaker surround sound, far more durable pads than what's on other dance simulation games. Our software has a lot of new features also.

3: In regards to a law suit, Paper2Production's lawyers have been keeping up-to-date with the Konami lawsuit that Roxor is under and they are confident that even if Konami does sue us in a similar way, it will not be any serious worry (I don't know how many of you guys read Roxor's legal responce, they're in a lot less trouble than you guys think.) Also, Paper2Production's lawyers have given us guidance on the design to aide in the prevention of such a law suit. This is not the topic of discussion, and there is a limited amount I can say on the subject, so any further inquiry to this will be ignored.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Synaesthesia
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The optical pad design must be radically different from what I've seen of those in the past. I seem to recall that they used not only more expensive material, but more fragile as well. I'm still curious about step charts, as they're the big reason I hold ITG in higher regard than DDR currently. DDR may have more songs that I like, but very few charts strike me as being fun.

G_G
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolinternet wrote:
I just listened to like 10 of the samples on the site.

That's not all of them apparently!

It's EXTREME 2 w/ Oops! I Did it Again all over again.
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

28. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNLohr wrote:
I don't know how many of you guys read Roxor's couter-suit, they're in a lot less trouble than you guys think

Is that the one where Roxor said that Konami's patents are invalid because Roxor said that Konami's patents are invalid? "NO U" is not a sound legal strategy.

If you guys are planning on doing a four-panel rhythm game with step judgements on a stage that you move your feet to control, you'd better factor royalties into your expenses.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
MazriM TaiM
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray close-minded DDR Freak users!

I dunno, I think the music sounds excellent and something I'd be more likely to you know...DANCE to. >_> Some of my favorite songs from ITG are things like Changes or Solina, because they seem more DANCEable than most of the bubbly happy stuff in DDR. I'm looking forward to this game as much as did ITG when it was first coming out. =)
Administrator
Administrator

30. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synaesthesia wrote:
I'm still curious about step charts, as they're the big reason I hold ITG in higher regard than DDR currently. DDR may have more songs that I like, but very few charts strike me as being fun.

We realize that step charts are held in high regard and I assure you the dynamic amount of charts will not disappoint you.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is an average cut of the music?
Vile
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have one question...what is the song playing on the main viewing page of your site, it's hawt.

Oh yeah, and it looks good as long as they have fun stepcharts like ITG2 and not boring ones like DDR >.<
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Goggles
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many notes do some of your charts have? I'm really picky with note charts...it basically makes or breaks the game for me...which is why I don't play ITG. I would also like to know the overall foot ranking system you are using, seeing as this thing is powered by Stepmania. Also, what is the overall cost of a machine going to be? It sounds expensive with all the LED stuff...but I could be wrong.

Right now, I have nothing more to say on this. I can't make a judgement based on speculation. "We realize that step charts are held in high regard and I assure you the dynamic amount of charts will not disappoint you." This is a great sales pitch...but I'm not about to jump for joy because Phrek likes the step charts they wrote. Perhaps some sample step charts on the site? Or even a sample SM file. That would be a great idea. Again, I did find most of the music to my liking, so I don't wanna make this seem like I'm bashing your game. I just wanna know more than "our steps aren't dissapointing," to come to a logical conclusion about whether or not I wanna play this. Remember too that RoXor announced to the community that all is well and then Konami sued them. So, I'm not about to pass a judgement on the Paper2Production stuff just yet.

Well, good luck getting this off the ground...though if you have someone like Arch Owl working on steps...well he's already killed his reputation with me...plus all he ever writes are impossible for feet keyboard steps...so that's just another black mark with me. I'm not interested in another dance game that requires me to hold the bar.

By the way, I'm happy to see Jihnsius in there. Good to see that he's getting his foot in the door in the musical community.

It's new! http://andrewinamerica.tripod.com
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Synaesthesia wrote:
I'm still curious about step charts, as they're the big reason I hold ITG in higher regard than DDR currently. DDR may have more songs that I like, but very few charts strike me as being fun.

We realize that step charts are held in high regard and I assure you the dynamic amount of charts will not disappoint you.

But he might be disappointed if he's saying he likes ITG steps more than DDR steps. I recall that you've always been critical of ITG stepcharts, so I'm assuming this new game will be more DDR-like than ITG-like.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

35. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goggles wrote:
How many notes do some of your charts have? I'm really picky with note charts...it basically makes or breaks the game for me...which is why I don't play ITG. I would also like to know the overall foot ranking system you are using, seeing as this thing is powered by Stepmania. Also, what is the overall cost of a machine going to be? It sounds expensive with all the LED stuff...but I could be wrong.

Depends on what sort of chart you are talking about, the harder charts easily surpase a 700 combo for 2 minute songs. The "foot" ranking system will NOT be used here, we will have another difficulty gauge instead. And the cost has yet to be confirmed.
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno WHAT to expect from this...

Of course, if it comes within an hour of me, I will travel to play it.

I dont think i'll be able to hate/love it until I play it.

(At first (like everyone else) i was like "ITG SUCKSOMGLOLITSRIPOOFF" but now... I'm nearing some expert 100%s...)
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Arch0wl is involved I would not worry about the quality of the stepcharts. My main concern is that the price of the cabinets seems to be going in the wrong direction. A DDR EX2 cab could be had for under 7K, ITG2 runs closer to 10K. How much is this thing going to cost with its optical sensors and external led lifebar indicators? If this turns out to be an 'awsome but expensive' rig, my arcades will never get one E2.gif I do applaud the innovation in sensor technology however because it reduces maintenence (which no one in my area does E2.gif ) and it makes the legal attack from K more complicated(expensive) as it does not use the patented microswitches. Anyway I hope the team can bring this to market cheaper than DDR so my arcade gets one because it looks killer. Nice work E13.gif
Paranoia_Brother
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
4 panel, same setup as we're used to.

That's fine that it's a regular 4 pad setup... but what i'm wondering is if there will be any quads or anything like that. If this game says that it will be like a "club experience"... well, last time i was there, they were using their hands E15.gif

*Formerly known as That DDR guy at Gr. Lakes*
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ixismiffyixi
Basic Member
Basic Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some who thinks the music sucks, look at the site what they wrote, a clubbing experience, i thought ddr had a good selections of songs on all their mixes but itg1&2 just had songs that were too happy and fruity w/the vocals...but a cast of over 100 songs is well gonna b worth the wait...i jsut hope the background video will be something to blow me away b/c itg videos sux...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: