Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ChatterBox Video Game Radio giving away pads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

20. PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherl0k wrote:
HEAVEN FORBID PEOPLE TAKE THINGS FOR FREE THEY GOTTA COMPLAIN ABOUT IT

Going on record to say that I would not accept a copy of ITG PS2 for free. I would require thirty or fourty dollars just to take care of the possible mental anguish of someone seeing me holding it (I doubt the transaction would take place in the proper field, with shovel ready to bury said product away from the world- surely someone I know would find me in the interim). Now, the pad(s) I could sell; that would be fine.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
Special_ned
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does everyone hate ITG so much? damn, quit your bitchin.
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

22. PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: ITT Uiru starts somethin' Reply with quote

I'd tell you, but it might cause some controversy.

Oh, what the hell. I don't like ITG because clinging to the bar for dear life and screaming like a little girl is lame, and building an entire "game" around this concept, and getting your dumb asses sued for thinking Konami wouldn't fucking step on you for it, is worse (and laughable!).

And the reason I don't like ITG PS2 is because even if you STARTED with the premise that ITG is fine and good, the home version was coded and designed by morons who had clearly never programmed before in their entire lives, and then censored to hell and back! God bless America! You can censor anything here!

Sorry guys, but copyright law DOES exist in those other little countries that you are just dimly aware of, and unfortunately, you can't wave your penis at this problem and make it go away. The judge is not going to give one flying fuck about how many elevendyfooters you can pass, so good luck coming up with some other reason why a jury of people who ALSO don't care about how many elevendyfooters you can pass shouldn't give Konami every penny you have! This is why real companies have things like R&D teams (to come up with ideas yourself, for instance) and people who are aware of the fact that law exists so they can tell you about mistakes that will crush you if you make them- are you all planning on being dead by '07 anyway or something? Oh, and real companies also much less commonly have fucking stupid names designed to cater to the God damn lower class of the fucking Internet cesspool, but this is actually a minor quibble compared to OMGLOLHAXSUE???????!!11 OMGCOUNTERSUEWEHAVEACHANCEOMGOMGOMG! How the hell do you explain that to someone? "Well, mom, the name of my company is something that stupid eleven-year-olds say to each other on the Internet!" Congratulations, mom, your son's a winner! Never mind the fact they're trying to carve a niche INSIDE ANOTHER NICHE while attracting legal fire from all sides for their blatant disregard for real life, but whatever!

Let me give you guys a tip, though... when the lawyer asks one of you to come up to the bar, make absolutely sure you don't rape it! Hey, I got it- some idiot told these idiots that courtrooms had BARS in them! THAT'S why they didn't settle like other companies who still exist did! "Bars, man, we can't lose if we have bars!" What are you gonna do, 3-star Konami in a court of law over a game of elevendyfooters? Bahahahahaha!

If anyone is wondering why I didn't use bold for any of the emphasis, I used all the b-tags for censor bypass. And also, please keep in mind that he asked! Have fun, kids! Bahahahahaha!
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
Char
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear lord. You win the forums.
View users profile Send private message
AA Bob
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by AA Bob on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uiru you can put it in the butt anytime you want
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record uriu was not warned for that post

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Same
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: ITT Uiru starts somethin' Reply with quote

Uiru wrote:

Hay, that's pretty cool linking to a total ITG flame from your sig when your know ITG fans will check it out.

I don't even want to address anything you wrote.
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uiru...you're awesome. Great post.

It's new! http://andrewinamerica.tripod.com
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Hlavco
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uiru wins at the game of life.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad ITG is a fun game with 5 levels of play that don't absolutely require the bar...

Too bad Uiru doesn't like it because of the Company's name and legalities of the product...

Too bad there are those of us who can somehow possibly still have fun while raping the bar and using 3x Solo and 5x metal, and that there are others who can't tolerate that and choose to think that nobody can possibly have fun with a game while using the bar and playing with 3x Solo and 5x metal...

I don't know, it just really pisses me off that this guy hates the game because of the people who made it. I mean, it's about Twenty people trying to compete with a company of Thousands. So what if they have bugs? They're at least trying to make a game that caters to the Dancing game player, something that Konami hasn't done since 2002(Yes Ex2 is awesome, but if they really cared they would've let us make the timing windows how we want them). A free copy of ITG is worth having, even if you only want to play the(fun) hard charts. Besides, Have you even played on an ITG2 DedCab Uiru? It's really far far better than ITG1 of any form. They improved A LOT.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Solid Gold- wrote:
Too bad ITG is a fun game with 5 levels of play that don't absolutely require the bar...

Too bad Uiru doesn't like it because of the Company's name and legalities of the product...

Too bad there are those of us who can somehow possibly still have fun while raping the bar and using 3x Solo and 5x metal, and that there are others who can't tolerate that and choose to think that nobody can possibly have fun with a game while using the bar and playing with 3x Solo and 5x metal...

I don't know, it just really pisses me off that this guy hates the game because of the people who made it. I mean, it's about Twenty people trying to compete with a company of Thousands. So what if they have bugs? They're at least trying to make a game that caters to the Dancing game player, something that Konami hasn't done since 2002(Yes Ex2 is awesome, but if they really cared they would've let us make the timing windows how we want them). A free copy of ITG is worth having, even if you only want to play the(fun) hard charts. Besides, Have you even played on an ITG2 DedCab Uiru? It's really far far better than ITG1 of any form. They improved A LOT

he hates the game because it isnt that good really

the fact that the makers were legaly retarded is more a reason to dislike teh fanboys who wont shut up about the game and like to feel underground or anti establishment
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Solid Gold- wrote:
Besides, Have you even played on an ITG2 DedCab Uiru? It's really far far better than ITG1 of any form. They improved A LOT.[/size]

We have one.

And it might be replacing our fucking DDREX.

And I just remembered my password for this site! User #176 llorz
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

34. PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEH0MNI! Welcome back to the didderfreaks.

Thanks for the supportive words, everyone. Good to see I'm not alone here. I will see this place remain DDRFreak.

Yes, our arcade is fucking retarded and doesn't actually maintain any of their machines, so our broken Extreme was forced to compete with a shiny new "DedCab" (now with 50% less copyright infringement blunders and corporate suicide!). Which naturally brings in more money, since the hordes of newbies don't care one way or another, but even they can figure out that a pad that works is better than a pad that doesn't. So we might be losing our Extreme thanks to that God damn eyesore, so that's a little personal fuel for my fanboy fire. Should we lose that Extreme machine, broken and dirty as it is, we will have nothing but the dedcab... which means I'll never play arrow smash in the arcade again. Of course I have CFs and a modded PS2, but there will definitely be a loss to the small but struggling community here. Even most of our ITG fanboys want to keep the Extreme machine around.

As for the machine itself, I've played on it twice- Hardcore of the North expert. Giggle. Giggle. The first time, I got it stuck on that absolutely retarded Hallway thing, and the second time I was tired. :p Needless to say, I'm in no rush to waste any more of my time or money on it. (I couldn't even hear the song. Come on.) It works, which is a change from our "Don't Play Oni" and "Say Goodbye To Your Extra Stage" didder, and it's shiny and the screen looks nice and the USB thumbdrive thing is actually pretty cool. But I've yet to hear any music from it that grips my attention for even a second like Dynamite Rave and End of the Century did, so long ago... (with the reluctant admission of that William Tell song, but that was in a tournamix first, as I recall- I can't believe some idiot ITG fanboy said Extreme 2 was nothing but a forum scrape for the most requested licences, as if that would have been a bad thing anyway, with all the tournamix crap that wound up in ITG). And the music is the important part.

Oh, and the interface/graphics make me want to spew projectile vomit over everyone within a thirty foot radius, but that is less important. I enjoyed Festival, after all.

And for those interested, my preferred method of play is x1.5 Solo, no bar. I can, of course, function perfectly well without Solo, I just use it out of habit (I have no issue clearing Happy Hardcore and BeForU oni, for instance). I also enjoy a good round of 6-option mode every now and then.

0mni wrote:
And I just remembered my password for this site! User #176 llorz

...yeah, well, I'm #39 on BK. :D Also, up there is the first time I've seen the autolink thing NOT look totally out of place.
~Uiru

Edible Bondage Tape
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uiru wrote:

But I've yet to hear any music from it that grips my attention for even a second like Dynamite Rave and End of the Century did, so long ago...

PA theme

then again that and bag1.5 are the only songs that arrnt generic techno or sampls of paranoia
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: damn... Reply with quote

Damn Uiru. You rock. The next time I want a company to cry on it's knees remind me to give you a call lol.
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uiru wrote:
As for the machine itself, I've played on it twice- Hardcore of the North expert. Giggle. Giggle.

I know you've already declared ITG to be no better than feces, but seriously... you can't convince anybody that you've given it an honest try. HotN isn't even all that fun IMHO. Here's a challenge for you: play a set containing ROM-eo & Juli8 (Expert), Visible Noise (Hard) and We Know What To Do (Expert). Then tell me seriously that you had ZERO fun at all.

I'm not saying that you are unconditionally going to love the game, or that you're a bad person if you don't. But at least give it a chance.
Contributor
Contributor

38. PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honesty? What in the name of God does ITG have to do with honesty?
~Uiru

ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uiru wrote:
Honesty? What in the name of God does ITG have to do with honesty?
~Uiru

Absolutely nothing.

The company that produced ITG is a sad bunch of nerds who never really got their heads out of their asses, LIED to the fanbase about the legalities of their game, said everything would be dandy and then got screwed in the ass by Konami because they deserved it.

Now, I like In The Groove, but I hate Expert and I'm really not fond of the company. I'm quite fond of the music (I'm also someone who likes almost any music, so that's why) and the Hard charts are fun (a couple of EX charts as well, the ones done by Matt Puls, actually. Flying High is the best EX chart in the game. It's very akin to the DDR EX Oni stepcharts. <3)

I think your arguement was awesome Uiru and I agree with a lot of it. I do think that you need to give ITG2 an actual run through. Disregard the fact that Roxor is a bunch of flaming morons and try out some of the songs on Hard. Completely ignore Expert.

Expert is basically nothing but a bunch of step artists from the StepMania community going "HUUURURRRRR THIS SONG HAVE 23908573204987623045762983 steps in it! ZOMGs YOU'LL NEVER PASS IT. BOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOL." VerTex Squared's EX chart, for example, is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen. Arch0wl makes way better stepcharts than that (not that he makes bad stepcharts, I'm just not fond of them myself).

But again, try Hard and try Medium. The charts on Hard and Medium invoke a very big feeling of DDR nostalgia to me. I think you might like the game a little more this way.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Headlines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: