Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official In The Groove Soft Pad.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dog_E
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reallynotnick wrote:
Well I am sure not going to buy a RO 2.0 just too rich for my blood and levelsix does not seem to be getting any pads soon, so the question is should I get this pad or the gamestop dance pad???

Hmm... good question. I havnt tried this pad, but as you probably saw in the Gamestop Pad thread I really dont have much of any complaints about the Gamestop Pad.

After playing on it for a few days my feet got used to the wood under it and don't hurt anymore. I don't seem to lose my place on the pad anymore either. Then again I've only been playing on it for a week so I cant say if its going to last longer than a month or two... although I don't think it will.

In any case, save up and get a RO Afterburner or a CF if you can. I don't think any softpad is going to last you more than a few months really. After youve gone through 6 to 10 softpads at $30 a piece your going to end up really wishing you would have just saved that cash and bought a metal one that will last you longer.

My 2 cents...
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I decided to order this pad with the itg combo thingy, I have to say thats a pretty nice deal with all the free things and free shipping. Anyway I have never owned a pad befor so I think this will really be a good starter pad, I mean I am not going to drop $100+ on something that I have never tried befor, well I will probaly destroy this pad this summer and then maybe go for a levelsix pad after that, and then who knows what I will get next. Hope they start shipping soon.
View users profile Send private message
paranoid.
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my pre-order sent today, including the soft pad.

It works well and it's plenty reactive. The non-slip grip on the bottom seems to do the trick. I actually prefer the grip on this soft pad from the my ignition's (on the left of the top picture). I'd say it's a great pad to work with if you don't want to spend huge amounts of money.
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O man I can't wait for mine to come in the mail!! This is going to be my first dance pad ever so wish me luck!
Libra
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this pad will be available in stores like EB, Gamestop, or Best Buy like the Ignition is? I am thinking of getting this pad after my Gamestop ones dies but I don't want to have to order it online.
RudeBoie
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to bump this because I'm interested in the experiences that people are having with the OITG Pad so far.
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this pad sense it first came out and play about every other day. I leved up from a 1 all the way to a 6. I really really like the pad and when I put it ontop of a chair mat (the hard ones with spikes) it does not move more then 1/2" after 3 songs! If you want a soft pad then this is the one to get.
jjang1993
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for bumping this thread, but read on amazon.com that this pad has raised arrows like the BNS Ultra NX Pad, is this true? and for ITG Pad owners to answer, hows this pad holding up so far? im thinking of buying this off amazon to save some cast money rather than buying a BNS Ultra NX pad plus 9 bux shipping
CoasterKrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like a Ignition pad with the hard foam inside, rather than the soft pad.

If your going to buy and of the newer versions of the 2.0's and 3.0's, go ahead. Have fun taking them back every other week biggrin.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoasterKrazy wrote:
Sounds more like a Ignition pad with the hard foam inside, rather than the soft pad.

If your going to buy and of the newer versions of the 2.0's and 3.0's, go ahead. Have fun taking them back every other week biggrin.gif

wait wait wait, the ITG Soft Pad is a crap ignition( i dont think an ignition pad would cost 30 bux)?? im NEVER buying a RO Ignition pad. i want a soft pad that has the quality of a Konami Pad. does the ITG Official Pad have raised buttons? i know the crap ignitions do but i want to know if the IN THE GROOVE OFFICIAL PADS have raised buttons. i read on amazon.com it does.
CoasterKrazy
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RO makes both Ignition and Official ITG soft pads... just so you know.

But no, the soft pads are thin with minimal cushioning and no raised buttons.
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this dance pad have the same quality of a konami soft pad?
EDIT: which pad would you recommend for Standard (6 feet and below)
this pad or the BNS Ultra NX
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard and seen of this pad, it is completely flat like the Official Konami ones.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
jjang1993
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malice of BluR wrote:
From what I've heard and seen of this pad, it is completely flat like the Official Konami ones.

k, will this pad last till christmas (when i get a CF). and is the ITG Soft pad like the Konami Pads? in other words does the ITG Soft Pad have the same quality of the Konami Pads that come in the bundles? will this pad move around a lot on Break Down on standard(maybe with a 1.5 speed mod) i need a good pad to use until i get my CF so i dont lose my ddr skillz. i used enough pads from gamestop (gamestop ignition, and 2 gamestop soft pads)
jjang1993
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey can i get an answer please? sorry if im being impatient. but i have to practice for a tournament in november
neothe0ne
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to grab the last bundle at Best Buy this morning... what bundle, you ask? ITG game and 2 ITG pads for $30!

I'm very impressed with these RedOctane soft pads so far. They seem to be everything they're advertised to be: Very sensitive (I can activate hands with just a finger), very durable (no broken arrows yet, unlike the Ignition 3.0), and very antislip (I had to tear the pad off itself when I unfolded it).

Man, for stealing $70 from Best Buy... let's say I'd recommend this pad over any other soft pad, including the Ignition 3.0, because we all know how well that thing lasts. I've also plugged this into my Xbox via adapter, and it works (minus the X and O buttons), but I didn't play a song for more than 30 seconds.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Kevin_Raven
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading the ddr freak forums for a long time, but I felt like making an account just to post my reaction to the itg official softpad

I bought it when redoctane was doing their bundle deal around thanksgiving, 2 pads and itg ps2 for $30 plus s&h. Aside from being an amazing deal, the pads have held up rather well. I've been using them for a week and they are indeed very sensitive, (I can confirm that it is indeed possible to adtivate the sensor with just one finger). They clearly weren't messing around when they made the 'non-slip' surface on the bottom, I set my pad on a plastic mat used for rolling desk chairs, and it hardly moves during ITG 9 foot songs. Of course, I can't say much about the long term durability as of yet, but they appear to be built to last compared to other soft pads I've seen.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Kevin_Raven
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the pad for almost a month now, so I thought I might give an update on the pad's quality and durability...

the sensors are extremely sensitive, which may have contributed to a small problem I had when using the pads with stepmania. During every song, the pad would detect a press of the start button (not the select button or any other button, strangely) at random intervals throughout each song. This would cause problems since stepmania will display 'keep holding start to quit the song' when the user hits start, but I worked around the problem easily enough by re-mapping the keys.
The pad's sensitivity can also cause problems when my foot will be triggering one of the arrows that I didn't intend to hit, so that when I actually hit the arrow with my other foot, the pad doesn't register another arrow press. This has really only been a frustration when trying to full combo songs, but then again, if you're going to be seriously trying to full combo songs, you should probably think about a more expensive pad anyway.

Despite some pretty heavy use both at home and being transported all over town, both pads hav held up really well. Hope that anyone considering purchasing a soft pad finds this helpful.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
neothe0ne
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hooked up the ITG pad to my computer for StepMania, but I'd say you either have a faulty Start button or a faulty adapter. My adapter has a joystick axes problem frown.gif, but I've found that perfectly timed jumps actually register as a touch on both up and down or left and right. Yes, the pad is so sensitive that if you aren't careful you'll trigger another arrow at the wrong time, but just work on better coordination of your feet, I guess...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Dan Druff
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this pad the old RedOctane flat pad but with ITG colors?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: