Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

MyMyBox Blueshark GXG Pads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouseish
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh believe me. I've waited....and had to wait and save money. If I studied more I would actually start looking at an arcade machine (which I have)

See, I love the CF, because even though its unlike the arcade pad IT WORKS RIGHT.

There are tens of DDR pads that try to look like the arcade but almost all of them SUCK.

This is why I am interested in this pad and its arcade sensors (if thats a fact and not fiction)

Finally, the bar does not make the pad, as much as alot of companies and yourself make it seem that way. I could play perfectly fine without the bars as the true aspect of any DDR pad is the platform texture, switch/contact accuracy, and overall durability.

EDIT: The bar on that pad you linked looks thicker than the TX-x000 pads, but still isn't as thick as the arcade.

EDIT AGAIN: Im suprised that I didn't catch this earlier, but what's up with those arrows? Looks like someone doesn't know the difference between red and blue.

ONE LAST EDIT: I emailed MMB last week and asked some very specific questions about the pad....they answered, but with no relevant answers.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
mymyboxusa
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Queston for DDR BlueShark Metal pads & Sensors? Reply with quote

Queston for DDR BlueShark Metal pads & Sensors?
View users profile Send private message
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouseish wrote:

Finally, the bar does not make the pad, as much as alot of companies and yourself make it seem that way. I could play perfectly fine without the bars as the true aspect of any DDR pad is the platform texture, switch/contact accuracy, and overall durability.

EDIT: The bar on that pad you linked looks thicker than the TX-x000 pads, but still isn't as thick as the arcade.

EDIT AGAIN: Im suprised that I didn't catch this earlier, but what's up with those arrows? Looks like someone doesn't know the difference between red and blue.

ONE LAST EDIT: I emailed MMB last week and asked some very specific questions about the pad....they answered, but with no relevant answers.

Hey, I didn't notice those flip-flopped arrows before. That is indeed odd. On 3rd party soft pads and Konami DX pad knockoffs like the Ignition and Ignition clones, the arrow colors were switched. Why? Wish I could tell you. However, they were correct on pretty much every metal pad I've seen. On this one, however, they're switched around again. Now, that being said, I don't have very high hopes for this pad. At this point, it looks like a TX-2000 with a nicer bar, which is something I really couldn't care less about at the moment. blink.gif

Oh yeah, just made a slightly interesting discovery: MyMyBox allows you to browse at least certain directories on their servers, like the folder where the Blueshark images are stored. I was just looking at one of the pictures, and took the file name off the end of the URL. They just uploaded some new pictures today, and it looks like they may have settled upon a final design, which is a RedOctane Afterburner knockoff. *Sigh*
mouseish
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I think will happen is the "deluxe" blueshark will be the arcade pad look alike and the "lite" pad will be the afterburner ripoff.

DO YOUR OWN THING!!!!!!

Dont copy another pad design or order from the same provder they do. Make a good pad that's like the arcade pad that ^%$Y#*$(U^$Y works and we will buy them. Make a crappy pad and we will let the dumbest of us all buy one and then all laugh at your pad when it sucks...which will be now if you use an afterburner clone.

(I think it goes without saying that the blueshark should be an ASC)
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the bar - Are those arcade style sensors? It looks like it is around the edge of each well. Can anyone correct me, I am not exactly sure what to look for, but this doesn't look like the inside shots of pads I have seen with foil or copper contacts... I might be blind though.

http://site.mymybox.com/img/blueshark/blueshark0003.jpg

This is going to sell for 200?
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shot is of a pad with arcade style sensors.. As the directory shows, there are pictures of 2 different pads. One is an ASC lookalike and the other is an afterburner ripoff. The ASC thing should have these sensors it looks like (even though the arrows look like cheap TX arrows) and the afterburner clone will have foil on whatever they want, but not these. I'm pretty sure the asking for the "Deluxe" blueshark will be in the neighborhood of $700
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

700, yeesh... I was reading up on the Beat Gears and that is about how much they were suppose to go for. Too much for my blood right now, but it's good that someone is finally doing it, and a company like MyMyBox would hopefully be able to do a better job of getting the pads to the customers than the guy from Peru did. It's about time someone picked up where he left off.

Maybe I should just wait... grrrr... decisions decisions....
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump, but look at this
http://store.mymybox.com/ddracc20.html
it's a sensor for the blueshark, but it also says that it will work on a ddr machine! i'm watching this pad closely.
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they did it....

kamron_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouseish wrote:

ewww.... it looks.... yuck
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing TX-2000 with added corner brackets, thicker arrows and arcade sensors.....I hope to god its not the real deal...

I was promised:

and got that crap frown.gif
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it looks yuck. And I don't think anyone was promised anything. If that thing has those sensors in it, and the inside is solid, that is what is really going to matter. Other than the different panels in the 2 pictures directly above, and that I can't see the brackets on the purported actual blue shark, it looks the same.

Hold judgement til we get some feedback from some people who actually used one. But it looks good to me, maybe not 700 dollars good, but pretty damn good.
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they finally did it! I was thiking that they failed to make it.
I wornder what is going to be the price. drool.gif

only 2 senrosr? hmmmmmmm

2 (sensors)X 6 (arrows) X $29.99 = $359.88
6 (arrow buttons) = $149.94
hmmmm It must be over $700 devil.gif disgust.gif shocked.gif frust.gif

No one will be able to buy this blueshark metal pad, I would rather buy two CF. riiight.gif I like those design though

mouseish wrote:

Last edited by kyj197 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kyj197
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: It seems that mymybox have blueshark series! Reply with quote

It seems that mymybox have blueshark series!

blueshark deluxe pad
blueshark xpert pad
blueshark metal pad

so they should have blueshark piu metal pad and blueshark piu non slip pad riiight.gif all kind of blueshark
mouseish
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This = good (better than most), but still only set up like a solo platform. We need a pad with 4 sensors per arrow and only 4 arrows E1.gif
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I can't decide whether I like that design or not. On one hand, it doesn't look like a slightly thicker TX-2000 with a nicer bar, but on the other hand, it's a very odd design. Very... blue (THANKYOUCAPTAINOBVIOUS!). o_O However, this pad looks like it won't be using the same copper foil that nearly every other metal pad out there uses for its sensors, which is potentially a big improvement. The pad needs to be made well throughout, though. Even if the sensors are great, if the soldering and wiring is junky it won't really matter. Another issue is price. If the rumors are true and this thing ends up costing $700, it would be the most expensive DDR pad currently on the market, beaten out only by the impossibly rare and discontinued Konami DDR ASC.

In short, Pluses: New sensor design that might be better than the junky construction seen on TX models, doesn't look as bad as I thought it would

Minuses- Too many unknowns. The pad could a wiring disaster on the inside for all we know. Aside from that, I can't make up my mind on this design. Possibly astronomically expensive.
kamron_1
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouseish wrote:
This = good (better than most), but still only set up like a solo platform. We need a pad with 4 sensors per arrow and only 4 arrows E1.gif

if you really really wanted, you could just remove the sensors from the corner panels, since in their design notes, they wrote that they were going to put metal panels or something in place of the diagonal arrows. it really shouldn't matter, but it if does, that the alternative

also, just for the record, they claim that the blueshark pad sensors will work with an arcade pad too
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the sensors only because I cant play on a solo pad at the arcade well (and thats exactly how theyre setup. I could spend another 120 bucks and yank the corner sensors but thats alot of work.

Oh and whoever quoted me...1) where did you get the second pic, and 2) wherever you did, it wasn't in my quote, so careful what you misquote. do you work for MMB?

EDIT: I was kinda promised the pic I posted above. I was sent an email from MMB a couple weeks back with that as a picture after I explained I may buy a pair for our college's club.
DX Manaic
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, those are the sensors used in arcade pads...

drool.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, there are more pictures E1.gif at http://site.mymybox.com/img/blueshark/

http://site.mymybox.com/img/blueshark/blueshark_1sensor.jpg
http://site.mymybox.com/img/blueshark/blueshark_sensors.jpg drool.gif give me give me I need these sensors
http://site.mymybox.com/img/blueshark/blueshark_with2sensors.jpg
http://site.mymybox.com/img/blueshark/blueshark_arrowbutton.jpg
http://site.mymybox.com/img/blueshark/blueshark_arrowbuttonback.jpg The copper foil has not been used. oh~~
What about the Thickness. No one knows about the thickness of the arrow.

I do not think I can buy this metal pad! It must be super expensive.
I would love to pay $109.00 for this blueshark metal pad instead of redoctane ignition pad. drool.gif

I wonder whether this blueshark metal pad would perform as good as ddr arcade machine. The copper foil has not been used.
anyone tested this blueshark pad? only with a few small pictures, I can not tell more.
I love to hear from people who has tested this metal pad.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: