Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR Freak and Midihead team up for podcasting

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: DDR Freak and Midihead team up for podcasting Reply with quote

Midihead, one of the fantastic artists from featured in Ultramix 2 and the upcoming Ultramix 3, is nearing the release of his final album as Monolithic, and to help promote his music, DDR Freak has teamed up with him to present you with this MP3 podcast of some of his favorite Konami music remixes. Download it and share it with your friends, and if you like what you hear (and we're sure you will), you can head to this page to purchase copies of Monolithic's four previous albums!

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Illusion Bomb
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midihead's songs on this new CD sound really good; at least they're better than House of Joy. Eep, that one was the epitome of subpar. Give me more "Lulling us to Sleep"! E10.gif
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raise Your Hands sounds like the male-vocalist of the B-52's. LOVE SHACK BABEEEE.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting marketing idea.

Yikes, my signature needed edits.

Rangercast
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ColorOfSakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music on the podcast is awesome, and Midihead is HILARIOUS to listen to. He's quite funny. laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We demand a new beatmania artist.
View users profile Send private message
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

6. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zajitarrius wrote:
The music on the podcast is awesome, and Midihead is HILARIOUS to listen to. He's quite funny. laugh.gif
Agreed in full.

It was good to finally hear a good recording of his Jelly Kiss remix finally biggrin.gif. riiight.gif and I was happy to get a shout out. love.gif
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DDRFreak historical moment... a bemani .mp3 download we can actually talk about laugh.gif

In all seriousness, great idea by Midihead here. OLR's happy to be helping out with the effort as well... Personally, I hope he keeps it up, maybe not just featuring his own music but other differentdrum artists. Who knows though, since he has Konami's blessing to do this maybe Konami can use him for other ideas. More power to Midihead E1.gif Konami, just put an offer on the table for this guy already to do more music for your games. (if he wants it E13.gif )
Contributor
Contributor

8. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, cheese.

Interesting idea, though. Music was pretty good too.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
Skit
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of Midiheads music going to be appearing on EX2?
プライアン
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best Podcast I've heard yet. This is a fantastic idea and I hope that DDR Freak continues with more Bemani artists. This seriously just might make me buy a Midihead cd... E15.gif
Staff Member
Staff Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobile Mayhem wrote:
This seriously just might make me buy a Midihead cd... E15.gif
That was pretty much the point of it. However, I'm not sure what else Midihead would be willing to make and release, so if you're needing something else to nudge you over the edge, I wouldn't hold my breath. You've really already had plenty of reason to get his stuff, between the UM2/UM3 tracks and the stuff you've heard on the podcast. If you want more, you'll need to take a look at what he has on his website.

Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

12. PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Mobile Mayhem wrote:
This seriously just might make me buy a Midihead cd... E15.gif
That was pretty much the point of it. However, I'm not sure what else Midihead would be willing to make and release, so if you're needing something else to nudge you over the edge, I wouldn't hold my breath. You've really already had plenty of reason to get his stuff, between the UM2/UM3 tracks and the stuff you've heard on the podcast. If you want more, you'll need to take a look at what he has on his website.
On the home page, he allows you to listen to a few of the songs from his albums as well as his remix work etc. I'm with Cutriss though, you had plenty of reason if you liked the music on the podcast. Believe me that you won't be disappointed in his albums. I won Dividing Asunder from a giveaway OLR was doing, within a week I started ordering everything else I could get my hands on.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Thanks to everyone Reply with quote

Hi peeps,

Thank you for downloading and actually listening to my PodCast. E13.gif

Special thanks to Cutriss and Jason Ko here at DDRFreak. Also thanks to Rychan who started this whole thing in the first place. I'm very appreciative of all the feedback and comments from you guys. Because of the overwhelming response, I'm seriously considering doing another one with perhaps the extended versions of a couple of DDR Ultramix 3 tracks. Anyway, it was fun to take the opportunity and do this PodCast for you guys. Perhaps I'll tone it down a bit for next time E13.gif

If you enjoyed the PodCast, show your support for Midihead by getting some cool SWAG: http://www.cafepress.com/midihead

Cheers,

Midihead
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applehead wrote:
Any of Midiheads music going to be appearing on EX2?
UM2/3 are the only games to feature his work, so far as we know.

I would hope he makes it to a PS2 release... but only time will tell.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
neothe0ne
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to the podcast is dead frown.gif

Can someone upload it to www.yousendit.com or something similar for me?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
QWERTYkid911
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the link. PLEASE!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

17. PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down kids.

The link is fine. It's just that the server isn't responding, and that's outside of our control, as it's not under our direct control - we just throw files there.

Try again in a little while.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: