Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PIU Exceed Preview @ E3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tw3nz0r
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want post 100.

Edit: This is an automated message from the DDR Freak Forums warning system. You have been warned for the following reason: postwhoring.
This is in regards to your behavior in the thread http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8215380#8215380, in post number(s): 100.
If you have any questions regarding this warning or believe it was sent in error, contact CStarFlare. Do not reply to this PM, as it will be ignored.
You have been given 1 points for this warning, and now have 1 points total. When your point total reaches 9, you will be automatically and permanently banned.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Arks
Konami Staff
Konami Staff

101. PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twen wrote:
I already got mine.

Props to Andamiro for not changing a damn thing in the game itself.
Regardless of what the outside packaging looks like, ALL the original graphics & logos from Exceed are in the game. Two thumbs up. I even changed it to Korean in my copy E1.gif

Yeah, nothing was changed...

Except Empire of the Sun, Fiesta, and La Cubanita got censored... and some songs were taken out from the Korean version... but that's just nitpicking.
View users profile Send private message
Unknown Gamer
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miklotov wrote:
Empire of the Sun, Fiesta, and La Cubanita got censored...

For anyone who actually cares...

This is the one reason as to why I wont be purchasing/supporting this game. Seriously, censoring?! What a waste of T rating!!

Here goes a big ol' f you to whoever was directly involved with the decision of censoring the product. Way to drop the ball, ahole.

Censorship sucks, and yes, it makes me mad. The end.
Arks
Konami Staff
Konami Staff

103. PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why EoS and La Cubanita are censored.

However, I was informed today that a certain F word that rhymes with duck is present in Feista... or rather, it was present, but they censored it. That's something I'm ok with.
IcePagoda
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure about those either...

La Cubanita sounds awfully f-ed up with all the scratching/editing they did to it.

I haven't played EOS or Fiesta yet to notice on those.

The biggest disappointment to me thus far is the omission of Maria in the XBOX version. My guess is that it'll be in a songpack (since it's missing 4 songs from the PS2 line-up: Maria, Pumping Up, We Don't Stop, and Canon-D thus far). I am hoping that songpack 1 is these 4 songs with the Black Eyed Peas track (whatever it's going to be.... praying for Hey Mama), but we'll see when they release pack one.

Currently there are no XBOX Live downloads to get. Not even the editor is up yet (but then again, its 'official' release date is today, so maybe something might show up by the weekend).

Otherwise, it's the arcade version, almost verbatim, which is teriffic. Konami, are you listening?... disgust.gif
Arturo
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andamiro also is on top of things on their end, it seems, fyi. They just updated their website for rankings at www.piugame.com, to now include both U.S. home versions, so you can rank yourself among other players on the internet.

Also, to coincide with today's official launch of the game, Smidget is appearing with Pump tonight on G4TV! They flew him out to California last night for the show. Airs at 7PM Eastern Time. Check the link:

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/episodes/4388/Pump_It_Up_Matty_Rich_Penny_Arcade_Expo.html
Arks
Konami Staff
Konami Staff

106. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get my copies w/ the pads yesterday because my local EB didn't get them in (here's hoping for today), but I'm now sad that Maria and Pumping Up is not in the default list for Xbox. It sucks to know that I'm going to have to pay extra for those songs while my PS2 version already has those two. Dang it all.

I'm shocked the free step editor isn't even up yet. Hopefully it will be up this week at some point... and maybe some sort of idea what the song pack songs are going to be and the pricing.

-Miklotov
cj iwakura
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new steps and backgrounds are awesome. If they leave these out of the next mix, I'll be really really sad.

It'll also severly reduce the chances of me ever having a chance at Name Of The Game and Walkie Talkie Man CZ, too. E10.gif
(There's no way I'll be doing those on soft pads anytime soon.)

By the way, 'negra' and 'mi vida' are what's edited out of La Cubanita. Negra I can get; but mi vida!?

Haven't touched Empire yet; can't figure out why that'd be edited though.
Oh, and XB's control scheme takes getting used to, but it works.
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cj iwakura wrote:
Negra I can get; but mi vida!?

Negra (as in Black Chick) edited out in a T rated game? I don't think so. It's so stupid.

Anyway, sounds like someone over at Mastiff or whatever doesn't know any Spanish. Good times!
act deft
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unknown Gamer wrote:
cj iwakura wrote:
Negra I can get; but mi vida!?

Negra (as in Black Chick) edited out in a T rated game? I don't think so. It's so stupid.

Anyway, sounds like someone over at Mastiff or whatever doesn't know any Spanish. Good times!

LOL laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I can see the damn videos without having to either play or watch someone play. That aloneis worth the game. I only wish I could have got some Run To you or Space Fantasy or hell even Nazca(?) love. Still, I like.
ChaoofNee
Basic Member
Basic Member

111. PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend and I were poking around the Xbox disc last night. All of the songs are WMAs and I heard Point Break. I couldn't find a file for Canon, though. That makes me VERY worried...
Konami Staff
Konami Staff

112. PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoofNee wrote:
My friend and I were poking around the Xbox disc last night. All of the songs are WMAs and I heard Point Break. I couldn't find a file for Canon, though. That makes me VERY worried...

I think it's been all but confirmed Canon D isn't on the Xbox one (maybe as a download song...).

Point Break should be an unlock like it is on the PS2 one.
ChaoofNee
Basic Member
Basic Member

113. PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miklotov wrote:
I think it's been all but confirmed Canon D isn't on the Xbox one (maybe as a download song...).

Point Break should be an unlock like it is on the PS2 one.

Hm. I was just assuming that PIU worked the same way with unlocks as Ultramix and such where the patches merely unlocked songs already on the disc. If the songs are downloaded right to the 'box, all hope may not be lost!
Basic Member
Basic Member

114. PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoofNee wrote:
Miklotov wrote:

Hm. I was just assuming that PIU worked the same way with unlocks as Ultramix and such where the patches merely unlocked songs already on the disc. If the songs are downloaded right to the 'box, all hope may not be lost!

A lot of information for Canon-D is already on the disc, namely the steps (STX), the BGA for the full version (B57.XMV), and the title cards (B19E and B19H).

We Don't Stop has less information (i.e. no BGA or Korean Title card), but the steps are there.

As for "unlocking songs already on the disc", that only seemed to work with Ultramix 2.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ChaoofNee
Basic Member
Basic Member

115. PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears as if my friend has no clue what he's talking about, then. Radical. More hope for downloadable awesomeness.

...if it ever comes.
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, how can you unlock Dignity on the PS2 ver?
E19.gif

I wanted to play that song so badly.
Trick Member
Trick Member

117. PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the curious, the latest issue of EGM has a Pump ad and a brief mini-review. This mini-review was a first-look before a final review next issue. The message here was that it was an alternative to DDR. Not a good OR bad alternative, but just an alternative. a.k.a. They're neutral on the subject. =
Tsuri
Trick Member
Trick Member

118. PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cj iwakura wrote:
The new steps and backgrounds are awesome. If they leave these out of the next mix, I'll be really really sad.

It'll also severly reduce the chances of me ever having a chance at Name Of The Game and Walkie Talkie Man CZ, too. E10.gif
(There's no way I'll be doing those on soft pads anytime soon.)

By the way, 'negra' and 'mi vida' are what's edited out of La Cubanita. Negra I can get; but mi vida!?

Haven't touched Empire yet; can't figure out why that'd be edited though.
Oh, and XB's control scheme takes getting used to, but it works.

Hmm they edited those out of La Cubanita yet they have no problem with Xtremes "homies in green" that is just out right ridiculously stupid... haha

Also to add a little touch to that... select tutorial lesson 1... the guy sounds like he saying f*ck and f*ck that haha so umm... yeah censoring of the other songs makes no sense.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: