Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Konami acquires license for American Idol
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_zelda
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Simon says, "This game is gonna suck." sarc.gif
View users profile Send private message
Canaduh
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Konami acquires license for American Idol Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Next year Konami will also release beatmania -- the first-ever DJ simulation game created for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system.

Why cant they make it on the Xbox also?!?!?! I understand the fact that the PS2 is the highest selling game system on the market but still! Oh well...we stil got Halo...

Anyway, for those who like KR, I bet this would be a great fusion. Its basically natural for the two to come together.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

22. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Konami acquires license for American Idol Reply with quote

Capn. Slappywag wrote:
Cutriss wrote:
Next year Konami will also release beatmania --

Why cant they make it on the Xbox also?!?!?!

Not to get tooooo far off topic, but... beatmania US is essentially a localization/port of an existing playstation 2 series in Japan, which entails far less work (and essentially, less money in the budget which means less money they are risking) than re-creating the game for a new platform.

Konami is taking a bit of a risk with beatmania... DDR was really a revolution in the sense that extra peripherials were never really mass successful before (Power Glove? Super Scope?)... but DDR still succeeded. DDR was successful enough that ports ended up coming out for the x-box and now gamecube. And to bring this back on topic a bit, the same could be said for Karaoke Revolution.

If beatmania is well-supported and does well on playstation 2, an xbox port wouldn't be out of the question, I'd assume. And can you imagine what a KCEH version of beatmania might look like? drool.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Konami acquires license for American Idol Reply with quote

skie wrote:
(Power Glove? Super Scope?)...

To be fair, they didn't really release any games that were specifically made for the Power Glove. I can remember maybe two games that were made for the Super Scope. nerd.gif

skie wrote:
And can you imagine what a KCEH version of beatmania might look like? drool.gif

boom.gif Must... not... answer... that... question... Must... not... answer... that... question. boom.gif

tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

24. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Konami acquires license for American Idol Reply with quote

Unknown Gamer wrote:
I can remember maybe two games that were made for the Super Scope. nerd.gif
I'll show *you* what $nerd is. E10.gif

Super Scope 6
Battle Clash
Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
Yoshi's Safari
Tin Star
X-Zone
T2: The Arcade Game
Bazooka Blitzkreig
Lamborghini American Challenge

I had to look up the last two. The last one utterly baffles me. And I used to own the first four.

Amusingly enough, if Nintendo were to produce one of its two previous light gun accessories for the Revolution, I think they'd have an easier time with a classic-grey Zapper than the Super Scope. People would be too afraid of "non-terrorists" scaring people with their electronic bazookas. >.>

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ZeoZaki
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need to quit going after tired lisecenses

i think american idol is quiet old.

what they need to do is go after that "you think you can dance" show.

that would blow DDR off the roof in the states

/sigh

Because i need you to do your f***ing job.
I am consumer. I buy games with orignal content.
I am not a dumb dinosaur...that is found here
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: