Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Symmic Store Metal Platform

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Symmic Store Metal Platform Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8204257221&category=21188&rd=1

This is the pad I eyeballed before I switched to somebody else and ended up with a TX-1000...when I wasn't supposed to.

A friend of my mother's wants a brand new pad, so I'm thinking I'd sell her my TX-1000 since it's just her kid and I doubt he'd break it if I told him just to tap it. I'm 160 pounds too and I've yet to break my pad. zomg

The link up there is the pad I originally wanted. I played on a similar one constantly at Fry's and it was just so damn good to me. I'd finally have a reason to play Doubles a lot more often. My Search results here fail so I'd like some information.

EDIT-Is it just me or do those look like TX-1000 panels? They look unusually reflective, not like the kind I've played on. Those brackets make it look secure though.
View users profile Send private message
eepiccolo
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, you get what you pay for. $55 for a metal pad? Bah. It's either a piece of junk, or stolen.

The website of the best deck building company in Maryland
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
deM'
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS a tx-1000 =p

Hate to break it to you, but the "Tx-1000" is sold by hundreds of stores and has about 5 varieties. Thats just a "2nd" or "3rd Gen" tx-1000, its gonna be the same sensors, the same control box, the same buttons, the same hard panels. The company that makes them just decides to change the look a bit every once in a while, to try to fool more people into thinking it isnt a tx-1000. But it is, those brackets might help a bit, but not very much.

Sorry kiddo
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn them.

lock please
Joei
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought that pad for 9.99 off some guy named plegend.
2 of them, works fine
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
triad.spacefight
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one, and it worked fine - while I was still a standard player. You get into hard 8's/9's and it WILL break.

Don't even ask about playing MAX300 on it.

I played Drop Out and it broke the top sheet of pressboard it had under it during the jumps. Also, the sensor(read: one in the middle) is made out of aluminum foil and will stop responding within 3 months.

Save the cash, get a Afterburner or Flux.

Triad for life.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Joei
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[TLoOKC]OmegaSox wrote:
I played Drop Out and it broke the top sheet of pressboard it had under it during the jumps. Also, the sensor(read: one in the middle) is made out of aluminum foil and will stop responding within 3 months.

You could easily replace the aluminum... i mean.. its aluminium....
or mod it with a sheet of copper.

What do you mean by "top sheet"?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, really, request lock. I'm going to sell mine and use the money towards a RedOctane Ignition 3.0 to compliment my 2.0. I'm selling it to some pre-teen kids anyways.

And FYI: I did Drop Out on a TX-1000 weighing 160 pounds and I didn't break it.
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l0k'd by request.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: