Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dance Dance Revolution Ion Metal Pad

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalCyber
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Dance Dance Revolution Ion Metal Pad Reply with quote

DDR Ion Metal Pad: Product Link

Product Description:

Never seen before all stainless steel iON metal pad is now available ddrgaming.com was the first to bring you this Ion stainless steel metal arcade dance pad(s) from the first manufacture who designed it. Don’t be fooled by imitations elsewhere.
New iON metal dance pad is a super sensitive to the touch. You will not miss your arrow presses again with its super large sensors! We were surprised that the arrow registered so quickly and accurately with each press of the button.

It will help complete your Dance Dance Revolution experience from the arcade to your home with ease. Now you can improve your skills in the comfort of your own home and show them off when you step into the arcade. Competitors/spectators will be amazed at your skill level after you practicing on one of these!

With this package you are all setup to experience an even more comfortable Dance Dance Revolution style of game play at home with these uniquely designed pads! Minimal setup & plug in the Dance Dance Revolution Dance pads and start!

The closest you can get to the real arcade Dance Dance Revolution. Don't settle for less when practicing your moves on dance dance revolution Makes very little noise when playing. The solid and sensitive arrows give you excellent response and great game play.

Features:

Super large sensor for better sensitivity

First pure stainless steel metal pad in the market (9 stainless steel metal plates)

Arrows are constructed of all stainless steel metal (No more cracking arrows)

Control Box Included (work with PS One, Playstation 2, XBOX, and PC)

Smooth Edges and 4 screw design.

Heavy Duty, can handle player weight up to 600 lbs

'Touch Sensitive Technology' excellent response from buttons.

0% noise level, no noise when jumping on arrows.

This Dance Dance Revolution Platform will work on carpet or hard floor.

The entire dance dance revolution platform frame is metal, Weights about 40 lbs.

Dimensions:

31.5 inches x 34.5 inches

1.5 inches thick

All sides and middle are reinforced with stainless steel plates .

EVA foam base (non-slip bottom) so that the pad won't slip around.

No Assembly Required

Power is taken directly from the PS One, Playstation 2, XBOX, or PC.
View users profile Send private message Send email
deM'
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? THEY ARE ALL TX-1000's, they are made by the same people, to look slightly different, just to fool idiots like you.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Ion Metal Pad Description wrote:
Heavy Duty, can handle player weight up to 600 lbs

Whaaaaaat? 600 pounds? The fact that this is, in all likelihood, a ridiculous exaggeration is bad enough. The other thing is, when one weighs 600 pounds, isn't that so heavy you're rapidly approaching the point of complete immobility if you're not already there?

Aside from that, going further on what dem0nic said, this pad looks identical to the TX-4000 seen on eBay, which is very similar to the TX-3000, which is the successor to the TX-1000. I doubt it's any good.
View users profile Send private message
juste119
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: regular price 599 Reply with quote

i like how they say the actual price is 599. and the sale is 219. there is now way that pad was 600 dollars.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: regular price 599 Reply with quote

juste119 wrote:
i like how they say the actual price is 599. and the sale is 219. there is now way that pad was 600 dollars.

Indeed, that's one heck of a bold-faced lie. I personally like their prices on Ignition knockoffs. The regular price on a pair of them with softer foam is $238. That's already insane, but swap in harder foam and add a carrying bag, and the regular price on that skyrockets to $400! laugh.gif Do they honestly think anyone believes that? Or even better, look at the regular price on a pair of the Ion pads with bars. $1800!! Their "sale" price is equally unbelievable... $580? There's no way those are worth $580 plus *checks* $160 shipping. That's the same price as a Cobalt Flux Doubles Kit!
DigitalCyber
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. totally. I am looking at metal pads sumtimes and it'll always say its "ON SALE" bullsh*t! I found a tx-5000 and it said regular price is 700. I was like wtf? HAHA
View users profile Send private message Send email
naturally untalented
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It obviously fools some people who don't have experience or haven't bothered to do a little reseach... I know a few days on these forums for me and I already felt like I knew a thing or two about different pads, which gives me a considerable ego boost laugh.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These aren't TX-1000's, I'm pretty sure.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what dem0nic meant by saying they're all TX-1000s is not that they're all necessarily identical to the TX-1000, but that the underlying construction of them is probably all the same, which is to say it's junk. This hasn't been verified, as no one has taken apart a TX-3000 or TX-4000 to my knowledge. In fact, I'm not sure how you'd go about taking apart a TX-3000 seeing as it has no screws. Sledgehammer, maybe? o_O Maybe they are different somehow, but I really doubt the changes in the TX-3000 and 4000 go beyond the exterior.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: