Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

In The Groove Ships to Retail
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daandrew18
Trick Member
Trick Member

240. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
If you saw 12 out of 13 bars on hardcore of the north, wouldn't that sort of ruin the surprise? E13.gif

Heh, that's actually a really good point. I never thought of that. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Now I know some of you don't mind the censors on some of the words in the songs, but don't they sound like glitches? Like instead of just keeping the word out, they overlapped the previous word. It just sounds messed up to me laugh.gif

2005 Asylum Reunion
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
DJ Tenku
Trick Member
Trick Member

241. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy today!

and my back hurts from playing. Oi, it's hard! (Though I love rom-eo and Juli8 on Hard.)

Tenku Taka wrote:
Maxx 999 wrote:
oh its on. what say you we go double or nothing on that cookie?

Oh yeah. You've got yerself a deal. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
djzmudpony
Trick Member
Trick Member

242. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with daandrew18. They should have just muted the word out or put a whistle noise or something. The whole repeating thing sounds more like an error.
Denz1220
Basic Member
Basic Member

243. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rom-eo And juli8 Agree like it 2 all of them actually.
yyr
Trick Member
Trick Member

244. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
Mine was shrinkwrapped as well. Looks like someone opened your box and swiped your Secret Decoder Ring, EBT. Now you won't know that you need to be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Here's how EB works when you buy a new game:

Are you buying the last un-reserved copy in the store?
No:
you get a shrinkwrapped copy
Yes: you get the display copy. Basically, when they get a game in stock, they open up one copy, stash the disc behind the counter, put stickers on the box and put it out on the shelf. That's how the boxes get there. When you buy the last copy, they take THAT box, put the disc back in it, stick a "returnable within 14 days if unopened" sticker on it to "seal" it, and sell it to you.

side note: the absolute best feature of In The Groove for PS2: not having to remove one of those freaking annoying sticky strips from the top of the case that they put on pretty much every game and DVD now. At least, my shrinkwrapped copy didn't have one. THANK YOU!!!!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

245. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get a discount on those? At the EBGames I go to, if you buy a display copy, they'll treat it as a preowned and give you a discounted price. If they don't have manuals or instructions in that, they'll give you 10% off.

Then again, it could just be my friend being a friend for me. ;D

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
mr_zelda
Trick Member
Trick Member

246. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jake wrote:
EnglishBastardizingTerror wrote:
i like how i walked off the streat and bought it and peopel who pre ordrered are still without

ITG is still extremely hard to find here in the twin cities. I lucked out and found a nearby EB that got ONE copy in. Of course, they put the box on the shelf for display, along with no less than three stickers (the price tag, a "buyer's insurance" ad, and their "trade-in and save" ad). Worse yet, after they took the box off the shelf and put the CD in, they put a seal over the side as proof of unopened new merchandice. That's a total of FOUR stickers I had to carefully peel off my non-shrinkwrapped ITG box.

I hate it when they do that. That glue is really hard to get off too.
View users profile Send private message
Rickidi
Trick Member
Trick Member

247. PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_zelda wrote:
I hate it when they do that. That glue is really hard to get off too.

Use the sticker to remove the glue. It's annoying, but it's easy and does a great job. E7.gif
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

248. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm trying to figure this one out: What exactly is the Single (or Double) for that matter Summary actually tracking in the Records section? It can't just be the number of songs passed, because the "Actual Total" column is often fractional. The "Star Completion" description on the far right column leads me to believe it's the number of stars attained, but that still makes little sense, since again the results are fractional. All I can think of is that you get 1 points for a star, partial credit for S ranks, and extra credit for double, triple, and quadruple star ranks? Even stranger, the percentages reported for the Star Completion don't even match the fractions of "Actual" over "Total Possible" reported. For instance, my Hard report is 66.59/76.00 = 91.27%. That's too high; it should be 87.62%. My Medium report is 73.14/76.00 = 100.24%. THAT is obviously out of whack. The other difficulty reports and the total report are similarly odd. Any idea what's going on?
ChessWhiz
Trick Member
Trick Member

249. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Complete is how close you are to averaging a Star grade (96%) in that section. So, if you have exactly 96% on every song, you will have exactly 100% Star Complete. Yay for handheld calculators! riiight.gif
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

250. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that explains Star Completion, but then what do the "Actual Total" to "Total Possible" ratios indicate? They are not the same percentage as the Star Complete Percentage. The total possible is obviously based on 1 point per song in each difficulty level, but I'm not sure what gives you a point and how you get fractional points.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

251. PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but I'm taking a pretty okay/knowledgable guess on it:

Actual Total: Your DP.
Possible Total: Maximum amount of DP.

DP = Dance Points.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

252. PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's as good a guess as any. I'll test it out later today with a calculator and see if I can get those numbers to come out right by adding my DP% for each song in a given difficulty by scaling the % to the decimal equivalent (100% = 1).
Chilly Cha Cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

253. PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[vent mode]You know - the discussion in the above few posts alludes to a rather frustrating issue of mine - why are the game manuals devoid of any information about grading - why do I have to go to aaroninjapan to find an essay extrapolating how each DDR game keeps score; then to itgfreak to determine what the cut offs are for each letter/star grade; and then here to find out what the stats on the stats page actually represent (again all by extrapolation and guess work) - what the hell is the point of having a score or a statistics page anyway if the user is never given any information as to how it is calculated or what it all means? Even though I like the ITG percentage system better than the DDR numerical score - I still haven't figured out exactly what goes into the score and what subtracts and how this is related or unrelated to Dance Points for the letter/star grade (or if they are exactly the same). What is so proprietary about that information that it can't be disclosed officially in the game manual - especially when DDR is overhauling the entire score system with every new iteration?[/vent mode]
View users profile Send private message
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

254. PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka, I tried out your idea, and it works! If you convert your DP%'s into the decimal equivalent (i.e. a 97.89% becomes 0.9789), their sum is the "Actual Total" column for each difficulty level. Furthermore, I verified the Star Percentage calculation that ChessWhiz provided, and it works too. Thanks!

Chilly Cha Cha, your guess as to why Konami and Roxor are so coy about the statistical information on grading in their respective dance games is as good as anyone else's.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

255. PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jake wrote:
St00pidBaka, I tried out your idea, and it works! If you convert your DP%'s into the decimal equivalent (i.e. a 97.89% becomes 0.9789), their sum is the "Actual Total" column for each difficulty level. Furthermore, I verified the Star Percentage calculation that ChessWhiz provided, and it works too. Thanks!

Chilly Cha Cha, your guess as to why Konami and Roxor are so coy about the statistical information on grading in their respective dance games is as good as anyone else's.

Hehe, it's just a lucky guess. E10.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Wolfman Jake
Trick Member
Trick Member

256. PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was still a very good guess. It would have been nice of Roxor/RedOctane either to have explained what each statistic means in the instruction booklet under the "Records" section (there was plenty of space to do so), or to have chosen a less obtuse/more readily understandable statistic like "Average DP Score" for each difficulty level.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: