Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

TX-3000 Metal Pad
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swackerl
Basic Member
Basic Member

20. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluimers,

Do you have anything else to add to your original review of the TX-3000? I'm trying to choose between this and the RO Afterburner (which is roughly $50 more for me). Did the cracking sound on the left arrow go away, stay the same, or get worse? Would you buy this pad again?
View users profile Send private message
_sluimers_
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cracking noise eventually went away.
I see there are reviews on the TX5000 now.

Would I buy this pad again? Not until they sell it in Europe for a cheaper price. I payed a fortune for shipping (more than the pad itself), but my expectations of the pad were something I would want so bad, that I bought it anyway. I expected a pad that fully flat, non moving with great response.
I will have to of all my high expections have been met for like 95%.
So if I have to grade it I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10.
The only bad thing about it is that it still moves a little. Less than a TX1000 but still enough for me to constantly after three 9 footers or so. I weigh like 95 kilo's. That's 230 lbs I think.
I'm not good enough to play 10-footers yet. I play them, only to die about halfway.

The graphics are still there which kind of surprised me, because I really thought they'd dissappear the more you play.

I suggest the best thing you buy is:

The RO Afterburner if you want to go for the arcade feel.
The TX5000 as I know the TX5000 is heavier and probably would get a 10 out of 10 for me.
The TX3000, you cheapo laugh.gif
shocker
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i was thinking about buying an afterburner but after reading about all the problems it has with xbox/pc connectivity, i'm thinking about getting the tx-3000.
sluimers, have you tried this pad with an xbox or pc?
also, since the pad is completely smooth, is it ok to play with socks, or would it be too slippery? and when you play does it feel like you're just dancing on a wooden floor or something, or can you actually feel and hear the pad when you step on it?
LadyLibrarian
Basic Member
Basic Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Tx3000 Reply with quote

Regarding the TX3000 metal platform: DON'T BUY THEM, THEY SUCK! disgust.gif

My sweetie and I ordered two of the TX3000 pads for a pretty penny. They're very expensive. When they arrived they couldn't have weighed more than 40 pounds combined because I carried them into the house myself.

I only opened because the weight discrepancy made me suspicious. I tested it and I must say that they're aweful! E2.gif

There's no way to tell where the buttons are under your feet because the surface is completely smooth. Even when barefoot you can't tell the difference between the etched button outlines and the normal platform. Furthermore, when you dance with shoes it makes loud noises when your feet smack onto the metal. It's very distracting and annoying.

The biggest problem with the pad is you litterally have to stomp on the buttons to get them to register. This pad was advertised as having extreme sensitivity, let me tell you it doesn't even come close. I'm not a delicate flower and I had to put my entire weight on the buttons to get them to register. Furthermore, its a royal pain to keep your entire weight down on buttons for freeze arrows steps because if you let up for a second it no longer registers and you get N.G's.

There is one good thing about the pad, it will not move when you dance. But as far as I'm concerned this doesn't even begin to balance out some of the other negative aspects associated with the pad.

To all you DDR people out there, please do not to purchase these pads. We made a grave mistake in doing so.

Lady Librarian
jjang1993
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_sluimers_ wrote:

It simply doesn't work the bad way since left.gifright.gif and up.gifdown.gif don't work that way.
Now it's almost as sensitive as a soft pad I would say. E1.gif

*gasp* so u cant do the left.gifright.gif and up.gifdown.gif steps on this pad??!!!??!!!
koofu
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: haha tx-3000 is a wannabe Fusion =p Reply with quote

jjang1993 wrote:
_sluimers_ wrote:

It simply doesn't work the bad way since left.gifright.gif and up.gifdown.gif don't work that way.
Now it's almost as sensitive as a soft pad I would say. E1.gif

*gasp* so u cant do the left.gifright.gif and up.gifdown.gif steps on this pad??!!!??!!!

lol i don't know about the TX-3000, but the Fusion pad from BNS looks similar to this one except for the center caption. Mine works perfect, I've had to for about 1 1/2 months now and i can do combos on them fine... i don't know about TX-####'s though, I had their TX-1000 metal pad malfunctioned about 5x on me before i switched to the Fusion pad mainly with sticky arrows and non-blinking lights.. . But that was only my experience with them. Hopefully the TX-3k can do combos too lol. good luck with it not breaking on u though thats all i can comment on =/

Patty cake, patty cake, microwave
These suckas make a square, damn I'm paid
I'm so cool, but I'm so hot, and I'm, I'm so fly, and you, you're so not
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Skyllz
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone would recomment this pad for someone who needs something solid for home use only, I never go to the arcade anymore... I am old enough to be the father of most of you anyway E4.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: