Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITG have any Eurobeat songs?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom_R32
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: ITG have any Eurobeat songs? Reply with quote

I plan on buying ITG for the ps2, i know its not out yet but im just curious if there is any eurobeat songs in the arcade version or anything? cause i wanna have some songs im looking forward to seeing instead of some songs i never heard of.
IamMe
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a few I believe.. though why you would want that repititive eurobeat over something new, cool, and different, is beyond me. >_>
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
'Ivan
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem. PS2 In the Groove has every song from Arcade In the Groove plus (I believe) 4 bonus songs. Don't worry about missing anything.

If you end up joining, put "ThreeLeafIvy" in the referrer box, will ya? E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ivan wrote:
Ahem. PS2 In the Groove has every song from Arcade In the Groove plus (I believe) 4 bonus songs. Don't worry about missing anything.

Yes, that's correct. In The Groove's home release will have all the songs from the arcade version including Liquid Moon with full difficulty steps (Easy, Medium, Hard) and four bonus songs. The four bonus songs I'm guessing being licenses or preview tracks from ITG2.

I believe ITG does have eurobeat. I believe most of the djs are European djs too.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Kyrandian
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG has loads of eurodance, but no eurobeat. I, too, wish ITG had eurobeat, but it still is a possibility for future versions. Here's what Pete (an ITG in-house artist) had to say about the subject over at the roxor boards.
Kid Whatever wrote:
99% of the eurobeat that guys hear is published by Avex Japan. They put out the Super Eurobeat series, and do all the music for Initial D. Everything on the labels Delta (Niko, Mako, Cherry), A-Beat-C (Dave Rodgers, Go Go Girls, Domino), Time (who nobody likes anyway Razz), and SCP (Kiki & Kika, Ace, Fastway) are ALL exclusively licensed to Avex. They're a very large company who seems to not answer their e-mail and I would be scared of them, personally. I'd say the odds of being able to license any music via Avex would not be very likely, but that's just my 2 cents. (feel free to prove me wrong)

There's lots of non-Avex related stuff, which ultimately I think would be better to pursue for the game. Vibration/LED Records (Judy Crystal, John Desire, Eurobeat Lovers) has tons of stuff that has not been released on Avex, and excellent labels Asia/Saifam (Ken Martin, Blue Roses, Milk & Coffea, Tipsy & Tipsy), Hi-Site (Lady Baby, Flashman), Fantasy (stuff featured on VIP series), and Digibeat (Jennifer, Euro-How, Ani-Para How).... Or, you could all just wait until I launch my own eurobeat label later this year.

Don't worry though, you won't be disapointed by the songlist at all.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

5. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, Eurobeat tends to be somewhere in the 145-160 BPM range. That happens to be an area where ITG1 is totally non-existant, except for one song: Liquid Moon (it's 155 BPM). It was something I noticed while sorting by BPM on SM once.

Just figured I'd mention it.

Co-Host: Video Game Zombies Podcast
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Shenjoku777
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG doesn't but ITG2 has July -Euromix- E1.gif which is the most awesome song ever, both versions of it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

july is not eurobeat
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Disconnected airSpirit
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickynfs wrote:
july is not eurobeat

lurk more
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July's Euromix version would be happy hardcore with a European beat or style. It may be considered more of a cross between happy hardcore and eurobeat though.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
July's Euromix version would be happy hardcore with a European beat or style. It may be considered more of a cross between happy hardcore and eurobeat though.
Um, no, July -Euromix- is not happy hardcore at all. It's also, however, not Eurobeat. It's Eurodance... listen to Kid Whatever, the man knows what he's talking about.

Eurobeat has a very specific sound to it. Listen to something like Night of Fire or Solid Gold. It has that specific fast, very 1/16th-heavy sound... almost like Megaman music, but with lyrics. Eurodance has slower synth melodies, giving it less of a "GO GO GO!" sort of sound.

Also, note that when names of countries or continents are mentioned in the name of genres, that doesn't really imply anything. Very few artists of old-school Italo disco are actually Italian, and much Eurobeat comes from Japan. Don't assume, then, that July -Euromix- has any sort of European influence per se. It's simply a Eurodance song, but with the melody from July.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
Listen to Kid Whatever, the man knows what he's talking about.

Yeah he does.

ITG needs Bingo and BANG! Ready to Go

If those were in it i'd cream my pants.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
nick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airSpirits on the Run wrote:
nickynfs wrote:
july is not eurobeat

lurk more

i dont know what you're saying, but july is not eurobeat
initial d music is all eurobeat
Travissssssssss
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickynfs wrote:
airSpirits on the Run wrote:
nickynfs wrote:
july is not eurobeat

lurk more

i dont know what you're saying, but july is not eurobeat
initial d music is all eurobeat

They're talking about July -EuroMix-, not July.
View users profile Send private message
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG is better wrote:
They're talking about July -EuroMix-, not July.
And we've already established that July Euromix isn't Eurobeat, it's Eurodance.

But whatever.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually a lot of super eurobeat songs would lend themselves very well to ITG's 16th-note technical craze. just put an arrow on every synth note, and bam. you have an 11 or 12 foot song.
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
actually a lot of super eurobeat songs would lend themselves very well to ITG's 16th-note technical craze. just put an arrow on every synth note, and bam. you have an 11 or 12 foot song.
Indeed. Something like Solid Gold (or Last Message, even. E10.gif) would lend itself well to very hard but fun expert steps.

Licensing issues, though? Well, hopefully they'll come up with something, either by finding some songs they can license, or by just having KeeL making some actual Eurobeat, if he can pull off the style.
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say more of the stuff from initial d and the more recent super eurobeat albums. im working on a simfile at the moment for one of my favorite new songs Snowgame Fighters from SEB 156.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: