Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

In The Groove Arcade Locations?...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a cup holder on the left side of the machine so they put it on the right side. I actually like it like this.

They fixed their ITG.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
snickers1127▶◀
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunnyvale Golfland (SVGL)
Milpitas Golfland (MGL)

But I'm in Stockton most of the time, and there's no ITG here (yet). It's over an hour drive to the closest machine. Yea for the home edition!
Staff Member
Staff Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's official.

8 On The Break, in Dunellen, NJ is now officially an In The Groove 2 beta site.

The upgrade was just installed today. Hopefully, I'll be getting out there sometime soon to check out the machine. Plus, one of the best things about the machine is that it's already connected to the internet, so patches, upgrades, etc. can all be done remotely, like they were done with ITG1 in most cases.

A number of songs still do not have Expert steps (Amore, Robotix, Monolith, Temple of Boom, and ! to name a few), but those will most probably be corrected in the coming months before ITG2 gets finalized and is then publicly distributed.

Also, apparently there's not too much new in the way of marathon courses, from what I've heard, but this is still questionable for now. More details on that will be upcoming.

Co-Host: Video Game Zombies Podcast
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it format on your USB drive? Does it use the same folder from ITG1 or does it make new folder/stats for ITG2?

Oh and how did 9otB get to be ITG2 beta?

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka // BluR wrote:
Oh and how did 9otB get to be ITG2 beta?
So far as I can tell, 8 on the Break is owned by Chris Cotty, who is also on the Roxor team. I could be misreading things, but if not, that's a pretty damn good way to be a beta location.

Also, 9otB = lol
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

45. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see they're having more then just single day betas...I've hit up SVIGGLE and Q-Zar in Concord, CA now E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djmon
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

46. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB- Fresno and MGL

View users profile Send private message
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

47. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 8otB is owned by Chris Cotty. I'm not sure if he's on the ITG team, but if not, he's very closely affiliated with them, and was with the team down in Florida for a convention for what basically was the first major unveiling of ITG1 last year. I do think he's one of their main distributers, though, and he probably knows more about the game than anyone than most people who play, and he hasn't set foot on the machine, to my knowledge. E1.gif

Also, The Break was an ITG1 beta-test location, and I think one of the main reasons for it probably had to do with the fact that it's a major east coast arcade (home of the East Coast Championships for fighting games.. I think ECC10 is next month) and the machine can be, and in fact is, constantly connected to the Net, so (to my knowledge) data can be collected and the machine updated from all the way across the country.

Plus, if you look at the closing credits for ITG1, you'll see a group pic from The Break with a number of the regulars there.

As for the USB drive.... well, I'll find that out tonight when I go. I think it'll use the same data, since nothing's been removed from ITG1, to my knowledge, but I'm not sure. I'm backing up my folder right now, just to be on the ultra-safe side. E1.gif

Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, please do inform me about the memory card thing and how it works.

Oh and lol at my typo. I'm just jealous that they don't do betas over here in the West Coast. >=P

| Pics | Play-Asia |
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

49. PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, the first beta for ITG1 was on the West Coast... just a bit further north than you are. E10.gif

The USB slots were covered over when I went on Friday. Some people went Sunday and it seems someone uncovered them. However, there were issues with the slots and conflicts, such as tending to cause crashes or screen flicker. I didn't even think about using my card on Monday. I'll do so once I'm confident that the conflict issue is worked out. However, I'll try to find out what might've happened with various people and their cards. Since all the ITG1 stuff is in the game, I'd figure that it would just use the same files, especially because you'd then carry over high scores, edits, etc. Or maybe it just makes a subdirectory in the appropriate directories for ITG2-only stuff. We'll have to wait and see.

And it looks like the "coming months before ITG2 gets finalized and then publicly distributed" is actually just ONE month. Could be interesting.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: