Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official In The Groove Soft Pad.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Official In The Groove Soft Pad. Reply with quote

"Official" In The Groove Soft Pad: Product Link
MSRP: $29.99

Product Description:
The Official In The Groove Dance Pad features the durability and accuracy needed to be an official Sony licensed product! This soft pad features the same design and art style present in In The Groove!

The non-slip Official In The Groove Dance Pad uses a unique Grip Tite foam cushion bottom that prevents the pad from moving even on Expert step charts! The pad was designed to give you better sensitivity, resulting in better performances and more accurate gameplay.

Better buttons, higher scores, longer lasting pads, and extra foot support cushioning. This is a great affordable way to play In The Groove!

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sooooo not a pretty pad.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume these are the pads that will be included in a bundle, if not the RedOctane Ignition 3.0.

On RedOctane's website you can get the following game + pad bundles:

*Afterburner Metal Pad + Game
*RedOctane Ignition 3.0 Pad + Game
*This Pad + Game

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"durability and accuracy needed to be an official Sony licensed product"

Am I the only one who finds this funny?
View users profile Send private message
Bunnymoon
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reallynotnick wrote:
"durability and accuracy needed to be an official Sony licensed product"

Am I the only one who finds this funny?

Its a laugh riot. But what did you expect them to say. Its a half truth they tell you its durable and accurate, but compared to what? I could say its more durable and accurate than a donut or my imaginary talkin pad named harvey. Its all spin till somebody other than sony's bootlicks say so. I know its not financially practical but I wish someone would make a game packaged with an arcade style pad(metal rather than a soft pad).
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony products aren't all that durable or accurate, so I don't see a problem there. Ha ha.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still hate those arrow decals, almost as much as i hate the ITG2 pad decals, they are so boring to me, its just like bla step on me
paranoid.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno i kinda like the look of it E10.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received one of these today. My full review won't be up until the home version of ITG hits, but here are my initial impressions: for a non-Ignition softpad, it's pretty damned good. Although I wouldn't recommend it for the higher end Expert songs on ITG, I'm pretty sure I could bang out MaxX Unlimited on it without too much of a problem (I'm not going to try today though, I feel like crap). The non-slip surface on the bottom actually feels like it'll do its job, unlike some of the less spectacular solutions offered by previous softpads (particular the DPR2 with its four sticky circles that you were supposed to put on the bottom of the pad -- blech!).
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ITG theme for the pad and ignition disgust me. (Same with the ignition, pads have the blue arrows on the left/right and the red/pink on the up/down. get it right. Afterburner looks SORTA cool. if the ORIGINAL arrow replacements are still in, im gettin those and tossen out those hideous ITG arrows.)
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridethepig- Whoa, um, strong reaction there to the pad's looks. Personally, I kinda like it, but hey, it's your opinion. I have to admit, looking at it more, the dark gray(black?) and orange color scheme is kind of odd. I don't think it matches the In the Groove theme. I've heard good things about the pad's quality, though.

So you noticed the color swap on Ignition arrows, too? I had never actually seen anyone else say anything about it till you did just now. It never really bothered me, but hey, little things like that can annoy some people.

As for the coffee comment, coffee's fine. Just don't overdo it. =P

*Original post heavily edited because Shinmizu's right.*

An unnecessarily angry and overreacting pointfiftynine? wrote:

Ridethepig- Dude, it's a friggin' DDR pad. What difference do the colors make when you hardly even look at it? I mean, PA or freestyle, do you have some insane desire to look down at the pad while playing or something? I'm not a huge fan of the design, but I think it's clean and smooth, unlike some other DDR pads I've seen. Hell, even if it was the ugliest DDR pad in the world, the performance and durability are what really count. And jebus, I've never seen anyone overreact to the swapped colors on a DDR pad the way you did. Yes, they did it. Again, what difference does it make? Settle down. You seem like you're constantly wired on too much coffee or something.

Last edited by Agent J on Wed May 11, 2005 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better then the ones that Konami made I am told.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
RTP!
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointfiftynine? wrote:
Ridethepig- Dude, it's a friggin' DDR pad. What difference do the colors make when you hardly even look at it? I mean, PA or freestyle, do you have some insane desire to look down at the pad while playing or something? I'm not a huge fan of the design, but I think it's clean and smooth, unlike some other DDR pads I've seen. Hell, even if it was the ugliest DDR pad in the world, the performance and durability are what really count. And jebus, I've never seen anyone overreact to the swapped colors on a DDR pad the way you did. Yes, they did it. Again, what difference does it make? Settle down. You seem like you're constantly wired on too much coffee or something.
Its not my fault my parents just leave it on the table... but still if it is good, i'll try it out. It'll also confuse my friends!
Staff Member
Staff Member

13. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointfiftynine? wrote:
Spazzing out.

Actually, you're the one that seems to be overreacting. RIDETHEPIG! stated an opinion about how ugly he thought the ITG theme to be.

You replied with twice the text he wrote, telling him to settle down, when you're the one using statements like "Dude," "friggin," "jebus," etc. Chill out, seriously.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
Libra
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone who's bought this and used it: How long do you think it will last? Is it better than the Konami softpad? I'm thinking of maybe getting this pad sometime later in the summer when my other softpads start to crap out (and I actually have the money for it). PLEASE nobody suggest me just getting an ignition, I prefer flat soft pads.
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would you recomned this pad over say a levelsix ignition pad? I have never played ddr befor and really want to start out on the right foot, something that will last me you know. Also did you get the free megamix cd with it, cuz I was wondering what was it and for some reason I really want it now.
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

16. PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
Is it better than the Konami softpad?

Heh, that's sort of like asking if one Kleenex tissue has the ability to stop a rampaging elephant better than another. Soft pads... well, there's just something about softpads.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd reccomend the Ignition pad. *hugs my ROIgnition 2.0 that I bought at store last week*

biggrin.gif

| Pics | Play-Asia |
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am sure not going to buy a RO 2.0 just too rich for my blood and levelsix does not seem to be getting any pads soon, so the question is should I get this pad or the gamestop dance pad???
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pad seems better.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: