Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Red Octane Afterburner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmytoga
Basic Member
Basic Member

40. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have an idea of how you will be able to connect the two pads together and how sturdy that will actually be? I hoping it's perfectly sturdy between the two.
View users profile Send private message
T33J4Y
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you buy one pad it comes with a connector so once you buy another one you can just connect the two together
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
timmytoga
Basic Member
Basic Member

42. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i know but i'm wondering how you connect the two together. what kind of connector is it?
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just this snap on connector bar IIRC.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buttons look bent up like the TXes.... and if you look at the metal center peice as well as the surounding place on the top... they dont' appear to have anything underneith them or... they don't seem like they are solid. It looks very thing, like if you step on it its going to bend in like tinfoil.... Is this just me or does you other folks see it too? Also... looks like you can cut yourself a new one if you catch your foot under that edge...
timmytoga
Basic Member
Basic Member

45. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what i was thinking. Looks like if you stomp on it, you'll bend that lip around the arrow down in a matter of minutes.
Jeremy37077829
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just pre-ordered it. I think I will be satisfied with it but I will update you guys when I get it with pics to go along with it. All in all I am pretty excited, I think this pad will be much better than their old pad, and at the same price.
runwithscizzors9
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmytoga wrote:
That's what i was thinking. Looks like if you stomp on it, you'll bend that lip around the arrow down in a matter of minutes.

hmm, good point, and they say it can take the beatings of 11's 12's and 13's, but maybe only for 3 months like the warranty says, to me, 3 months isn't long enough, and for only $200, im sure they didn't spend much money on very good materials, but thats just me
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want one or two of these, I'm just nervous about it. Thats why I'm going to wait for everyone to break theres and say its a bad pad. But the lowered arrows are too good to be true! I'll probably just end up buying a CF and finding a way to make the arrows lowered. I'm hoping this pad is good, I would hate for the mettal to bend around and stuff. The new ITG arrows look pretty cool.
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cam wrote:
I'll probably just end up buying a CF and finding a way to make the arrows lowered.

I just taped cardboard squares over the lexan panels on the corners of my CF. Looks terrible, works well.
stewlab
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pre ordered one of these last night. Does anyone know a more precise date of release other than may?early, mid or late may?

about the comments on the edges and how they look like nothing is supporting them, if you look close it looks like there is a reflection of the pad on the side of the metal squares. it would be so sweet if it was a solid square of metal so it wouldnt bend.

o well, not much you can do until they ship, im just praying it will be worth it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope it is worth it. I mean, it has to be better than any pad there is out besides to CF... Today I realized I can't play Rhythm and Police on my TX-1000 mat because its too flat... and its not even really flat! I was just all over the mat not knowing where I was. this mat will change that... I'm still really excited to read reviews. All you pre-buyers, make sure to take lotsa' pics and review like crazy!
tepp
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of buying this pad, and am a bit nervous.

There seem to be a LOT of complaints in the RO Metal pad thread. I know this was from the previous version, but has anyone heard any evidence that they are going to improve the cracked arrows and broken wire problems that seem to happen so quickly on the RO metal pads for the Afterburner?

I hope that since they are redesigning the pad they'll take the time to fix these problems, since they seem to happen to a lot of people... but has anyone heard any claims that they are doing so?

Also, what are the differences between this and their old metal pad, besides the USB connection and the raised X and triangle buttons.

I am debating between this pad or a cobalt flux for xbox. However this will ship in May, and the xbox cobalt flux may be a while, so it's sort of a... buy the RO next month, or buy the xbox CF in two or three or even later tradeoff... I really *need* a dance pad soon. And I do like the idea of the arcade sized lowered panels, but I am just nervous cause I had 2 bad ignition 2.0 pads in a row and I am TIRED of having to buy new pads. I think I spend more time trying to get a pad than I do playing frown.gif
cam
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says that the buttons have been redesigned and have new...everything. I dunno. It says the buttons won't be breaking as easily. If you honestly don't know if you want the Afterburner or CF... just wait a month for reviews. If you like what you hear, buy one. if not, continue to wait for the xbox CF attachment. I have a bad feeling about the ROAB (red octane afterburner)... I'm afraid of those panals not being solid metal. Imagine all the pain coming out of that as a result! Ah! I'm also afraid of haveing a repeit TX-1000... I never want anythign as crappy as one of those every again! So I'm waiting.
Dog_E
Basic Member
Basic Member

54. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an interesting point many people have been making about the sheet metal on top perhaps bending.

Its my oppinion that theres no way this pad could have passed RO quality control and given a three month warrenty if RO had any doubt as to the pad being able to stand up to serious abuse from 10 footers plus the mis-steps of newbies.

As you know I preordered one of these the first night they were available, so in any case I'll let everyone know how durable it is when mine arrives.

I think the arrows should be a lot more durable in this pad then the old one as well. And if they do crack then it will most likely be within the first 3 months I can always get em replaced for free.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that this will be an accurate recreation of the arcade pad and possibly be just as good of a pad as the CF. But either way, we'll know in less than a month E4.gif
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog_E wrote:

Its my oppinion that theres no way this pad could have passed RO quality control and given a three month warrenty if RO had any doubt as to the pad being able to stand up to serious abuse from 10 footers plus the mis-steps of newbies.

I think your opinion is understandable, but keep in mind this is RedOctane we're talking about here. RO's quality control seems to be pretty much nonexistent. The quality of RedOctane's pads dropped sharply recently, like in the last year or so, and instead of doing anything about it, they keep selling the same junky, overpriced pads that die after a month unless you mod them. EBGames originally offered a replacement warranty on them, and so many people were replacing them that they stopped doing that. I can't blame them. That's not gonna be profitable to EB by any stretch of the imagination.

That being said, right now, I'd like to have high hopes about the RO Afterburner, but I can't shake this feeling that it's going to be a TX-2000, hell, maybe a TX-1000, with some extra metal thrown on top of the non-button portions and the X and O buttons.
EdwardForrester
Basic Member
Basic Member

56. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Just A Thought To Those Deciding Reply with quote

I like a few others here are deciding either between the Afterburner and a Cobalt Flux or just weither to get a Afterburner or not. Well I am going to state the obvious here and quote Chili Palmer at the same time, "Be Cool". I am not going to turn this into a which is better post and please dont use this as an excuse to start one. But there are enough people here that are going ahead and pre-ordering an Afterburner that in a month or so from now we are going to find out weither it sinks or swims. Just take a deep breath and lets wait and see what happens.

Forrester

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tepp
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a pad though.

So I don't want to wait too long to get one. My softpad - RO ignition 2.0 is dead after a mere 20 days of play. I aint paying for another softpad. (See RO ignition 2.0 thread for a description of my woes).

A most wonderful person is loaning me one of his spare pads. But I cannot continue to abuse his generosity forever. I will probably have to make a decision soon, because there are limits to people's generosity and I do not wish to test them.

A month is a long time to go without playing DDR.
voldekillssnape
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my RO ignition for 2 years and I play on heavy(7-9s). Poor pad care my friend.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Roc wrote:
I've had my RO ignition for 2 years and I play on heavy(7-9s). Poor pad care my friend.

Actually, you got an Ignition when they were still worth the price you pay for them. Ignitions from one and a half, two years ago were extremely durable and well made. This also applies to the BuyNShop DX pad, the Level Six Ignition pads, and several other DX/Ignition knockoffs. But Ignitions and every other DX/Ignition pad out there seem to come from the same factory in China, and that one factory apparently started making the pads so horrendously cheaply that, unless you mod them, no matter how well you take care of them, they die out after 2 weeks, 3 weeks, or a month at best.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 3 of 46

Jump to: