Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The 15 Hardest ITG Songs by Score

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: The 15 Hardest ITG Songs by Score Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

This is another example of me having no life and actually doing research for a friend that was pretty well pointless. So, without further adieu, here it is, the 14 Expert songs on ITG that no validated score has been achieved over 99% on (from hardest to easiest):

1) Euphoria: 90.52%
2) Pandemonium: 94.71%
3) Tell: 96.53%
4) Hardcore of the North: 96.96%
5) VerTex: 98.03%
6) Tension: 98.21%
7) Hybrid: 98.28%
8) Do U Love Me: 98.35%
9) Bend Your Mind: 98.36%
10) July: 98.41%
11) The Beginning: 98.43%
12) Bouff: 98.43%
13) Delirium: 98.63%
14) Disconnected Hyper: 98.70%
15) Infection: 98.98%

Perhaps the most surprising was Tension at #6. All scores compiled using www.groovestats.com. Enjoy!

Last edited by J. S. Mill on Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The 14 Hardest ITG Songs by Score Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
6) Tension: 98.21%
Yay... fastest steps in the game (Tension) and most retarded steps in the game (Do U Love Me)... of course these songs are hard to score on. Tension is really fucking hard for a 10, and Do U Love Me makes no goddamn sense.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The 14 Hardest ITG Songs by Score Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
Tension is really fucking hard for a 10, and Do U Love Me makes no goddamn sense.
You mean hard to score on right? cuz to pass, I'd say Tension's only slightly harder than Hand of Time (which to me is the easiest 10 footer ever). Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed at Do U Luv Me's steps, cuz the song's pretty good, I think. If they got rid of those 32nds and made it an easy 10 instead, I'd have been happy (it'd be like a harder version of Drifting Away then hehe).

k ... some other random comments:
- Delirium's totally gonna be the first 12 that's getting Triple Starred. Hm, I guess that was obvious.
- Hybrid and Bouff not ***ed... those were the only 10s other than Do U Luv Me and Tension (Um... ya, and DH, but that's hard), a bit of surprise there. Maybe people just don't play these enough?
- what about that 95% on Euphoria? laugh.gif (just kidding)

EDIT: Hey Kiba, what did you mean when you said "from hardest to easiest"? certainly not by # of feet, and certainly not by highest percent... just wondering. (was it highest to lowest average % or something?)
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The 14 Hardest ITG Songs by Score Reply with quote

Y noT wrote:
EDIT: Hey Kiba, what did you mean when you said "from hardest to easiest"? certainly not by # of feet, and certainly not by highest percent... just wondering. (was it highest to lowest average % or something?)

...It is by highest percent.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif WOW I'm stupid... riiight.gif Sry bout that. E1.gif
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The 14 Hardest ITG Songs by Score Reply with quote

1) No explaination needed, this shit is hard
2) See #1
3) It is pretty hard to be consistant on the fast stepjumps
4) I definitely think this is doable, but not for a while
5) If it weren't for the 612 part it would have been done already
6) The beginning of this is pretty ruthless
7) Go back to DDR early syncing
8) This is tough, but it'll definitely be done, the steps are growing on me
9) Just Xuxa on steroids, nothing special
10) Crossovers are stupid biggrin.gif
11) This stuff is pretty savage
12) I'm suprised it hasn't been done already
13) A bunch of people are going for this, so expect it done within a few weeks
14) Infection: Should take a few tries for a couple of people
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The 14 Hardest ITG Songs by Score Reply with quote

Y noT wrote:
Rancidfish wrote:
Tension is really fucking hard for a 10, and Do U Love Me makes no goddamn sense.
You mean hard to score on right? cuz to pass, I'd say Tension's only slightly harder than Hand of Time (which to me is the easiest 10 footer ever).
Goddamnit, I think Hand of Time is a lot harder than Walking on Fire and Do U Love Me... and Tension is much harder than Hand of Time.

Tension has the second-fastest candle steps in the game, and it has four of them. (Disc. Hyper is faster, but it has only one.) It also has the fastest steps in the game, 1/32nds at 180. It has weird turns, it's quite relentless up until that 1/8th note portion in the middle... it's just vicious all around.

I've FC'd Do U Love Me, I've almost FC'd Walking on Fire. I've gotten a B+ on Xuxa and a C on VerTex... and I can barely pass Tension. Ds all around, baby. Don't tell me Tension isn't hard, I find it about as hard to pass as Disconnected Hyper, and much harder to score on.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't Bend Your Mind go in between 4 and 5? The Highest validated I'm seeing is 97.27, and the highest unvalidated score is still less than 99. It should at least be mentioned.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
View users profile Send private message
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LilQ's score on it is valid, but yes, it hasn't been ***ed yet. BYM is hard to score on because of the middle, other then that it is fairly straightforward.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepinkdoomofmonkeys wrote:
Shouldn't Bend Your Mind go in between 4 and 5? The Highest validated I'm seeing is 97.27, and the highest unvalidated score is still less than 99. It should at least be mentioned.

Wow yeah, I'm stupid. Let me edit that.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Euphoria not a 13???????
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJTyrant
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get on topic Mio.

------------------------

I personally think Disconnected Hyper should be higher along with The Beginning but that's because I'm terrible at those songs :X

Thanks for the list though Kiba.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIO!!!™ wrote:
Because the ratings are often by difficulty to pass, not score, and Pandemonium is tiring as frick.

DJTyrant - Yeah, this list isn't a rating of how well or poorly YOU score on the songs, it's a rating of what the best ANYONE has done. It's a weird list because of that, because different people have different strengths, and it's a list of the BEST that's been done on EACH song.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancidfish wrote:
MIO!!!™ wrote:
Because the ratings are often by difficulty to pass, not score, and Pandemonium is tiring as frick.

I know that. I find Euphoria much harder than Pandemonium Expert.[/quote]

DJTyrant wrote:
Get on topic Mio.

Wow, are you really that annoyed by a simple post like that?????

I find Pandemonium pretty easy compared to Euphoria because it's straight forward. You know exactly what to do.... it doesn't get harder than a bunch of scrambles. Euphoria on the other hand has weird ryhthms and a bunch of voltage that's hard to see.

It may not be as tiring, but its way harder to PA and FC.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mio, have you passed both?

I know in my case, I've passed Euphoria but not Pandemonium. On the other hand, although my best is 31% on Pandemonium, if I were to continue and pass it at that rate I might have 80% or so, as compared to 75% on Euphoria.
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the stamina, Pandemonium is definitely easier to score on, but Euphoria is way easier to pass. (I've passed Euphoria and have only made it about halfway through Pandemonium). Ratings tend to be by difficulty to pass, not difficulty to FA.
Mio
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF5.Kiba wrote:
Mio, have you passed both?

Yes.

Don't recall my scores though....

I'll try to pass em again and get back to you on the scores.
JimTheFly
Staff Member
Staff Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering what it takes for the scores to get verified. I notice that a number of them have been surpassed, some by more than one person. I'm figuring it's either a screenshot or something along those lines, most probably. I figured that I'd bring this up before someone went to Groovestats and came back and started posting "OMG, this ITGFreak guy like broke a pile of those scores! WTF are you doing not updating this???" Call it preventative curiosity. E1.gif

Co-Host: Video Game Zombies Podcast
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
not inzuma
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Euphoria: 90.52% (not doable)
2) Pandemonium: 94.71% (not anytime soon)
3) Tell: 96.53% (may be accomplished soon)
4) Hardcore of the North: 96.96% (46 ex's is the cutoff, you tell me)
5) VerTex: 98.03% (with a Cmod maybe.)

Everything from this point on could probably be done in a few tries -
(6) Tension: 98.21%
7) Hybrid: 98.28%
9) Bend Your Mind: 98.36%
10) July: 98.41%
11) The Beginning: 98.43%
12) Bouff: 98.43%
13) Delirium: 98.63% (last i checked the highest validated was 98.60%)
14) Disconnected Hyper: 98.70%
15) Infection: 98.98%

thats just my theory...

-BlueChaos
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
J. S. Mill
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimTheFly wrote:
I'm just wondering what it takes for the scores to get verified.

Sure, that's a fair question. A screenshot does it obviously. Also some players whose scores aren't contested, for instance LILQ has that 98.36 on Bend Your Mind with no screenshot, but I don't think anyone contests that. Also if I have personally seen the score or the player.

If there are any scores you think I unfairly missed, post them and I will be happy to explain my reasoning.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: