Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

From Easiest to Hardest Expert Song List

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djfmf
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: From Easiest to Hardest Expert Song List Reply with quote

just like what the topic says i would like to know from your opinion in what order should i take expert songs? i'd like to experiment with them all in the arcade but i just don't wanna waste a buck and lose on the first round. i'm doing OK so far on hard mode but i wanna "slowly" progress in to playing more expert songs. maybe if you list the five easiest Expert song you've done i can put those suggestions into effect.

Last edited by djfmf on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you really have to ask? just look at the ratings and step data (the section that lists the number of mines and hands) and ease on in.

no offense, but I'm not listing 50+ expert songs in order from easiest to hardest E13.gif
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, each person's definition of "easy" is different as can be seen with the thread about easiest to hardest 12 footers. Just go on http://www.itgfreak.com/stepcharts/ and help yourself. E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:
do you really have to ask? just look at the ratings and step data (the section that lists the number of mines and hands) and ease on in.

So Rhythm & Police is just as hard as So Deep?
LET ME SHOW YOU THEM
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hands/mines/steps/jumps indicator isn't always a good indicator..the first time i played itg, i saw Bend Your Mind ex, saw the low number of steps and lots of hands and was like, meh, can't be that hard....I got served. I'll work on one, but it'll be based on my opinion and wrong to everyone else anyways E10.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF30/Reenee loves hentai wrote:
Syncognition wrote:

that's up to opinion. I personally believe they are both about equal in difficulty, but that's a topic for a different discussion. one can only make an informed decision about what is difficult for them by playing the song. Notice how I also said the step data is important and not just the rating. The BPM of the song also weighs into the difficulty. But if I sit here and say "ROMeo & Juli-8 is the easiest 9 on expert" not everyone (probably including the guy who asked the question) is going to agree, and then we'll get into the typical idiotic DDRfreak "debate" (the one where no one bothers reading anything anyone else says) about which songs are harder and why some songs should have different ratings and so on.

When you first started playing 9s in DDR, did you really need to go on a message board and ask which you should start with? I know I sure didn't. I just picked one and hoped I passed. When we got ITG I just picked songs and hoped I passed/did well. There is never a definite order, and what some people find hard others might find easier.

so again, I say you just look at the ratings, find something you like the sound of, and look at the step data so you can ease yourself in to dealing with hands and mines.
djfmf
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was never worried with DDR songs because it never had mines or hands. also the increased song length and number of steps is something i worry about in ITG, it great the song gives you info before you play it but if you have no idea how the flow of the arrows/mines/hands appear then i could be screwed. do you think i should just attempt all Expert 9's first and see how i do and work myself into the 10's and above?

another question i had, say for example i play Da Roots Expert on 3x, what would be the difference if i tried c300 instead? i never really understood how the C-mods worked.
Wolfman2000
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-mods: Pretend the arrows scroll at the rate next to the C. It will CONSTANTLY scroll at that rate, reguardless of BPM changes and freezes.

Naturally, using it on songs that change or freeze tempo, like Da Roots, would disqualify you from ranking in.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
KeeL
Roxor Staff
Roxor Staff

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf the Pirate 1st Mate wrote:
C-mods: It will CONSTANTLY scroll at that rate, reguardless of BPM changes and freezes.
Naturally, using it on songs that change or freeze tempo, like Da Roots, would disqualify you from ranking in.

Here is a good way to think of the c-mod modifier:

If you play max300 on 1x (DDR) those arrows are scrolling at 300 BPM on the screen. If you were to pick a song that was 150 BPM, C300 mod will scroll the arrows as if it was at 300 BPM. As mentioned above; all stops/BPM changes will additionally become null. (constant)

Try to to think of a Cmod as basically the "little" of the speed modifiers. Hope this helps! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IHYD.Blake
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try stepmania and use C mods. You will find out what they are by that.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

back on topic, i really dont think the ratings are perfect in ITG, i saw DFC as a 9 on expert, no hands no mines i believe, and i got killed halfway in...
Houou Don't You Want Me
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncognition wrote:

Oh, so Mythology is the easiest Expert song?
PKMN.YnoT
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LvngLrg wrote:
back on topic, i really dont think the ratings are perfect in ITG, i saw DFC as a 9 on expert, no hands no mines i believe, and i got killed halfway in...

You are probably just not used to the crossovers I think? This stepchart certainly has a lot of crossovers that are not seen (or rarely) in DDR. If I remember correctly, not only does it not have mines or hands, it also has barely any 16th notes at all.

Yeah, what I said before, everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and of course each stepchart is a <insert # here>-footer for its own reason (that's why if I can pass one 12 footer it doesn't mean I can pass all of them...) DFC is only 168bpm... barely any 16ths (and the parts that do aren't crossover 16ths), even if you just doublestep all the crossovers, it'd just be like EoTC which is still 9 feet (except DFC is longer). Um, actually, if you think about it, there's no way DFC is a 10 lol.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving Force Classical is definitely a nine footer, the only thing you might not be used to is the extra thirty seconds.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPF30/Reenee loves hentai wrote:
Syncognition wrote:

R&P is a whole lot harder than So Deep. R&P has crossovers. So deep has...easy poopy.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Rancidfish
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soda wrote:
R&P is a whole lot harder than So Deep. R&P has crossovers. So deep has...easy poopy.
Thank you for demonstrating why a list of "the expert songs, from easiest to hardest" would be totally useless. For me, R&P is one of the easiest 9s. I FC'd and AA'd that song on my first try, and I've gotten it down to 16 greats or so. So Deep, on the other hand, is more tiring, more difficult to pass, and harder to PA.

OMG PEOPLE ARE GOOD AT DIFFERENT THINGS HOW CAN THIS BE?!?!?!?!?!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> In the Groove All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: