Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

RedOctane Ignition v3.0 (PS/Xbox/PC)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: RedOctane Ignition v3.0 (PS/Xbox/PC) Reply with quote

RedOctane Ignition v3.0: Product Link
MSRP: $109.95

Product Description: There has never been anything like the RedOctane IgnitionTM Pad 3.0 on the market before. This incredible pad features a brand new look and offers full PC support via a USB plug! The RedOctane IgnitionTM Pad 3.0 works flawlessly with the PlayStation 2, Xbox, AND PC’s. You’ll never need to fumble around with an adapter to play on your computer ever again! The new Ignition 3.0 raises the bar for quality in a video game peripheral.

Ignition 3.0 Features
· Great new design that sets it apart from every other pad on the market
· Compatible with PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Xbox consoles, and PC’s
· Raised buttons allow you to feel your way on the pad without having to look down
· Dense foam insert for exceptional comfort
· Arcade-sized circuitry for higher scores
· Anti-slip bottom to prevent the pad from sliding
· Dimensions: 32" x 36" x 1 1/2"

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Dev McC
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all. I am new to DDR and this forum. Starting playing earlier this month at a friend's house.

I wonder if this will be availible beofre my birthday April 5th at Toys R' Us or Gamestop...etc. That would be good. Glad I decided to wait and get DDR next month!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Libra
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about the stores you mentioned, but EB Games says on their website that they won't have it available until April 11th. They don't always have the right date though. So right now I would say I highly doubt they'll have it available before your birthday, and if you are patient you can always wait a week or two after to get your present.
View users profile Send private message
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the pad that will be bundled with the In The Groove set if you pre-order now. In addition, since this pad is coming out, RedOctane is trying to get rid of their v2 pads by bundling freebies such as shirts, etc. with them!

You better check it out now!

EDIT: April 14 is the release date for EBGames.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
gladjss88
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is built in USB capabilities Or is there something else I'm missing? riiight.gif

...Why does HTML never work for me?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's basically it. It has a USB port now, exactly how 2.0 had the XBox port too. Oh and an In The Groove style theme as well.

That's the only differences really.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
paranoid.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there anything i should be mad about, due to the fact i just got a 2.0 a few weeks ago frust.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the third version would have Gamecube support, but I guess it won't happen unless Konami and Nintendo decide to bring DDR with Mario to America.
waiting for a version 4.0, hopefully with Gamecube support
! g n i t i o n
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice E7.gif

A bit pricy, but I've heard good reviews about this mat, and that its definately worth buying.
nekura
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my Ignition Pad 3.0 today; you can find the pictures I took of it here. Expect a full review within the next few days.
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY EVERYBODY! New to the forum, great at DDR. I get A's 'n B's on 8-9 footers and I can complete 10's. Hey, I got an ignition pad (red octane) and there's a tear on the inside above the foam. It's right under the part in between the back arrow and the middle arrow as well as the top arrow and the middle part. I've heard about the flawlessness but after a month, I'm already having a problem with the back button. It pushes randomly and sometimes when I need to push it, I'll hit it right on time but since it pushes randomly, it thinks that I've just had my foot on it the whole time so it won't count it in my score. It's really makin' me mad. I tried taping it up but that only made it sticky when I took the tape back off and it didn't fix the problem anyway. Anybody have any suggestions on how I should go about fixing this? THANKS! E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Chilly Cha Cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexmon27 wrote:
HEY EVERYBODY! New to the forum, great at DDR. I get A's 'n B's on 8-9 footers and I can complete 10's. Hey, I got an ignition pad (red octane) and there's a tear on the inside above the foam. It's right under the part in between the back arrow and the middle arrow as well as the top arrow and the middle part. I've heard about the flawlessness but after a month, I'm already having a problem with the back button. It pushes randomly and sometimes when I need to push it, I'll hit it right on time but since it pushes randomly, it thinks that I've just had my foot on it the whole time so it won't count it in my score. It's really makin' me mad. I tried taping it up but that only made it sticky when I took the tape back off and it didn't fix the problem anyway. Anybody have any suggestions on how I should go about fixing this? THANKS! E1.gif

I had the same problem with mine after two months - I then decided I needed to just get a CF because soft pads - even RO Ignitions - can all tear and begin to misfire. Of course, I do recognize that not everyone here can afford a CF - so my advice - if they offer an in-store one-year warranty (EB Games does) for like $10 - get it - even for a RO Ignition.
alexmon27
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arg. Well, here's a good thing and a bad thing. Tell me if anyone has any other bright ideas other than returning it somehow and getting a new one... I tried taping it with mailing tape and then electric tape... the gray stuff just don't cut it, hehe, but that didn't make it work, it actually made it keep the button pushed down so that it would never register anything that I did. So I pulled the tape back off so that the tears in the bottom were visible again, but now they were also sticky because of the tape. So the last couple of times that I've been playing, the same problem happens where it pushes itself randomly or sticks down for a little bit. This is makin' me so mad because instead of AA's which I should be gettin', I'm gettin' B's... errrgggggg... WELL! I had a bright idea. I figured that I needed to find something that didn't have any volume and was a material that wouldn't stick OR slide, but it would stay in place and move along the foam with no problem. So, I took 4 pieces of printer paper and just put them under the pad where the tears were. It worked for about 2 songs, worked perfectly for the first one, but then it started getting pushed randomly again after that. frust.gif This thing is drivin' me up a flippin' wall 'cause I paid 100 BUCKS FOR IT, and I'm having a bit of trouble finding the reciept... anyone else got some ideas or a busted ignition that they could try some stuff out on like me?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the RO Ignition 3.0 takes a while to get broken in. You have to play on it for roughly half an hour and it starts working to its full potential. This is most likely due to the pad being in a box for packaging.

After that time, the front part will smooth out too. In addition, from play there will probably be some air in between the pad and the foam.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
skillz187
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you playing with the Dance Play settings on? Because if so, go into options and turn it off and see if that makes it any better. If you don't know what it is, its an option that turns off the X O Triangle and Square buttons during songs so you don't hit them and accidently trigger a step. If you hit the corner of the X button on the pad it register's the down arrow, so that may be why it happens so much.

For some reason, the Dance play setting isn't in the Us version of Extreme so you can't turn it off without downloading a save file from this site. In every other game it can be turned off from the options menu.

About the 3.0, is it the same thing with the 2.0 where some of the one's sent to stores might not work as well as the one's from the site?
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
do_da_cha_cha
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skillz187 wrote:

About the 3.0, is it the same thing with the 2.0 where some of the one's sent to stores might not work as well as the one's from the site?

I think that's pretty much to be expected from any dance pad you buy.....outside of a CF....but anyway that's because the longer it's in the packaging, the longer it's folded up, and the more worn out the sensors can get...before you even take it out of the box

that's my guess, at least, because I had to go through 3 or 4 macatz pads in the first week (bought the 5 dollar insurance) before I finally got a good one that worked...RO might be better than MadCatz....so that might not be the case

http://www.thisipodnanoisfree.com/?r=3910
Free ipod nano! All Free, Non-CC offers
Paying $3 paypal for signups...PM me :-)
skillz187
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on a linolium tile floor (I hope i spelt that correctly). Is there any chance that the pad will slip if I play on it, or would it be better if i put a carpet on the floor?
Jeremy37077829
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linolium or however you spell it will be fine but might wear down the stuff on the bottom making it it a bit slippery but then you could just tape it. As for the 3.0, I was wondering since it connects to PC's through the USB port, would it work on Stepmania without having to download any installation packs. Basically what I am asking is: Is it just plug and play on the PC?

Edit: Nekura, I dont know about your Ignition, but that is a damn nice metal pad you have there.
skillz187
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be better to place a carpet down on the floor?
Jeremy37077829
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skillz187 wrote:
Would it be better to place a carpet down on the floor?

no I wouldnt bother with that, just tape it to the linolium if you can.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: