Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Datel Wireless Ignition-style Pad (PS2800D)

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Datel Wireless Ignition-style Pad (PS2800D) Reply with quote

Datel Wireless Ignition-style Pad: Product Link N/A
MSRP: $49.99

Product Description: Datel does not appear to have a product page for this pad, so the following information is taken from the product page at BestBuy.com:

Get ready to hit the dance floor in your living room. Practice your dance moves and challenge yourself in the hottest dancing games with this Wireless Dance Pad. Get your groove on without getting tangled up in wires.

Boogie down anywhere in the room up to 50 feet from the receiver. The pad features 10 high performance action pads and a non-slip grip bottom to keep the pad in place. An expansion slot on the receiver allows you to insert a memory card or other game enhancer. Get ready to dance all night long.

Product Features:
  • Compatible with PlayStation 2 games
  • Dance up to 50 feet from the receiver
  • Avoid being tripped up by wires with the wireless technology
  • Features 10 high performance pads
  • Prevent slipping with the non-slip bottom
  • Insert a memory card or game enhancer on the receiver
  • Uses 3 AAA batteries (not included)

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Lordaiken
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up this pad a few days ago at Best Buy for 49.99, but I had to return it because it didn't work very well. I would not recommend this pad for the following reasons:

1. The response time was a split second off. Where I would get Perfects on a song using my RO Ignition Pad, I would get Greats and Goods using the Datel pad. I suppose that's just because it's wireless, but continue reading...

2. The foam pad insert (the pad is designed like the RO pads) was the same thickness, but seemed to be less dense. It was much softer and not very 'danceable'. Within a few songs, the pad was bowing in the middle.

3. No raised buttons. Granted, I didn't really get off kilter too much because I was use to the RO Pad with the raised buttons, but honestly, it wouldn't have taken much more to do it. A friend I know took his soft pad and modified it so it felt like it had raised buttons.

4. Slid around worse than a soft pad or my RO pad.

I would even recommend this pad for beginners because there would be no real indicator if you were getting good or not.

Anyone else use this pad? Or know something I could have done to have a difference experience?

Coming May 2005
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Walked
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend has one of these, and an ignition.

I'll say that I can NOT use this pad at all, if we play together at her house, I will not use this pad..

However, she only does slightly worse (I mean a few great's of difference, not much more) on this pad compared to the ignition, and doesnt mind using it.

The foam inserts ARE notably less dense.

Overall, for $50, its about average. It will beat the completely soft pads, but wont live up to the ignition style. Right on the money pricewise.

Wireless buys me nothing with a DDR pad though, its not like I trip over the damn wires when I'm playing tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message
Foxy Grandpa
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from someone who owns a Datel ignition-style pad ( Not wireless) please do not waste your money on this peice of crap. The one i own will not respond for crap on any songs over 180bpm and any 9-10 footers. The pad has been known to give me and others 'random' goods on songs we would normally AA at the arcade. PLEASE dont waste your money. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
RTP!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Pelican Wireless once.

MORAL:
Never buy a dance pad from Toys R Us or any store that "HAPPENS" to sell video games.

Who needs a wireless dance pad? Who would be stupid enough to put somethin so large in front of a TV that you would need one? (AND) why care about distance issues? its GOOD to be near the TV when playing DDR. Not so far away that you need to pull the PS2/Xbox out of the shelf to gain a few inches.
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these pads are not worth the buy. i bought my second one last week and it is already broken. they tear easily from the top. and slid like no other. off beat to which calls for changing the timing on the game system itself to even keep perfect score.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walked wrote:
Overall, for $50, its about average. It will beat the completely soft pads, but wont live up to the ignition style. Right on the money pricewise.

Considering I got my RO Ignition for $60, I think anyone should shell out an extra $10 for something much better.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIG. wrote:
I had a Pelican Wireless once.

MORAL:
Never buy a dance pad from Toys R Us or any store that "HAPPENS" to sell video games.

I strongly disagree - I think the non-wireless Intec hard foam pads they sell are good - much better than this crap pad.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: