Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

TX-3000 Metal Pad
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: TX-3000 Metal Pad Reply with quote

TX-3000 Metal Pad: Product Link N/A

MSRP: N/A ($180 on eBay)

Product Description:

This is a 3rd party pad sold on eBay and other small Internet shops. Arcade Box is listed as the manufacturer, but they have no Internet presence, so I'm taking the specs/details from one of the random sellers on eBay:

Game Soft, Inc. is proud to be able to carry this EXTREMELY RARE & HIGH QUALITY item. You asked for it and we listened! The newest technology for all Dance Dance Revolution fans! This item comes in ONE PIECE FULLY ASSEMBLED. NO ARROW PANELS or SCREWS to remove or replace! 10 times better than other DDR metal pad versions!

With this beautifully designed and well engineered DDR Dance Pad there is little to no maintenance required. You will not have to replace the arrows nor can you remove anything. It is also extremely safe to use with NO PROTRUDING SCREWS and NO ROUGH EDGES. You will definitely be shocked at how smooth and sensitive the whole touch pad surface is. These are definitely much safer than even the DDR Metal pads in the arcade and any other brand metal pad you will ever buy.

The fully 8 button 1 Piece FULLY FLAT & SMOOTH arrow panel is incredibly sensitive to the touch. Never miss your arrow presses again with this incredible piece of hardware! We were surprised to arrow presses register so quickly and accurately with each press of the button. Who would have thought DDR couldn't get any better?????!!!! You must try it to believe it! The best DDR pad ever created and the quality is superb!

It will help complete your Dance Dance Revolution experience from the arcade to your home with ease. Now you can improve your skills in the comfort of your own home and show them off when you step into the arcade. Competitors/spectators will be amazed at your skill level after practicing on one of these!

With this package you are all setup to experience an even more comfortable Dance Dance Revolution style of gameplay at home with these uniquely designed pads!

Minimal setup & plug in the Dance Dance Revolution Dance pads and start! Other than the TX-2000/TX-5000 pads (also in our ebay store) the TX-3000/TX-1000 pads are the next closest thing to getting to the real arcade Dance Dance Revolution.

The closest you can get to the real arcade Dance Dance Revolution. Don't settle for less when practicing your moves on DDR. Makes very little noise when playing. Solid and sensitive arrows gives you excellent response and great gameplay.

Features:

• An industry first 12 mm wooden base combined with stainless steel frame
• An industry first one piece smoothed stainless steel frame & touch sensitive arrows
• You can setup this device easily on the carpet or the floor!
• Preassembled and easy to setup! Remove from box, connect control box & go!
• Entire metal platform is made of stainless steel with a wood base & very durable!
• The TX-3000 new fully smoothed stainless steel panel can handle weight up to 300lbs.
• The total weight is about 60lbs (per pad) and will be well packaged for shipment.
• Platform measures 33" inches X 33" inches
• Dance Dance Revolution Pad double boxed with foam padding to ensure safe delivery
• Recommended footwear: Athletic/Tennis shoes or bare feet

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...that's something you don't see everyday.
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. I wonder if the Xbox buttons are actually reversed like the pad indicates, or if they just screwed up.

I know which direction I'm leaning. XD

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
me so horny
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like an interesting pad.. i'd like to get one and take it apart to see how its made... kinda looks like the grapdics on the sheet metal would scrape off though with some heavy playing.
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TX-3000 Metal Pad Reply with quote

[RTFAQ] Cutriss wrote:
FULLY FLAT & SMOOTH

Heh, so everyone stop complaining about the CF surface. laugh.gif
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
sherl0k
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to feel where my feet are kthx. That's the main reason why I hate CF's.

[quote:ed1f6848c5=\\\"jaeness\\\"]get your change from obama, he apparently has tons of it.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pad strikes me as rather ugly, personally. I prefer pads that at least try to resemble the arcade platform. It's also the opposite of what I'd be looking for in a metal pad, being completely flat and all. In concept, it does seem like it'd be more durable than past metal pads, but given the notoriety of the TX-#### line, I'm guessing that's not the case.
cranium
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a pair of these on eBay. I will take some pics and take it apart if possible without tearing anything up once I receive them. I'm very curious on the construction of them.

I weigh 220 lbs so I will be giving these pads a real workout jumping up and down on then :oP

I wish I had found this forum before today becasue I would have probably not purchased these pads based on the TX-#### history.

More to come on this......
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Reenee
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeek...good luck. I have a 1000 and I'm 160, and it still works as good as the day I got it.
halfling
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird.. mayflash, the manufacturer of the TX1000 and TX2000, does not list this product on their website. My guess is this thing has nothing to do with the TX1000 and TX2000, and someone is just trying to get some money using their name. Then again, mayflash might be slow with updating their site.

I don't see how you can archieve an "arcade feel" with a flat surface without any arrows that go down though.

I think I'll just wait for people who actually bought/tried these to see what they think.
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: TX-3000 problem Reply with quote

The TX-3000 is being advertised to weigh 60 lbs per pad. The TX-5000 is being advertised to weigh 75 lbs per pad.

I bought 2 TX-3000's and when I tracked them on UPS it said that the total weight was <50 lbs. So either I was getting only one pad or there was something else amiss.

When I emailed them about this discrepancy they stated:
Quote:
Richard,

Two (2) TX-3000 pads are indeed being shipped to your designated address. After checking the weight of DDR TX-3000 Dance pads the shipping weight will have to be edited in our listings.

In either case our shipping/handling charges remain the same due to the time it takes to get each package ready for shipment.

Game Soft Team

So the pads are actually less than 25 lbs instead of 60 lbs. I checked their current listings today and all of them still have the inaccurate weight.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
wodos
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have you recieved the pads yet? I want to know how good their quality is. Thanks
cranium
Basic Member
Basic Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wodos wrote:
So have you recieved the pads yet? I want to know how good their quality is. Thanks

No, I refused shipment based on the pads being 1/2 of their advertised weight. I need something heavy duty for my 220 lbs not some flimsy 25 lb metal pad.

I went ahead and purchased 2 RedOctane metal pads instead and have been very happy.

I'll also be curious once someone posts thier experience with using the pads.
Jalum
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of the $300 metal BNS pads for my b-day last October and it's still working fine as it should be. I weigh 145 and my friends way a little more than me and we all try to play everyday on it. I think it's one of the best metal pads I've played on and I wouldn't change my mind unless RO or CF made a better one.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Shufflefield
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jalum wrote:
I bought one of the $300 metal BNS pads for my b-day last October and it's still working fine as it should be. I weigh 145 and my friends way a little more than me and we all try to play everyday on it. I think it's one of the best metal pads I've played on and I wouldn't change my mind unless RO or CF made a better one.

What does that have to do with this thread?

Anywho - Anyone bite yet? I saw that in the TX-5000 thread that at least one online shop is selling these now, not just ebay, I am still interested in anyones opinion who has played on one of these.
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it is just a remake of the TX-1000 just with a flat surface and possibly more durability. All this pad makes me do is urge me even more to build my own rather than to buy one.
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the bump, but does anyone own one of these? Give us a review?
Wakka Lakka
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TX-5000 on the way - its the same thing, just with a bar. I will be posting a review to the TX-5000 thread when it gets here. I will also weigh the thing so we finally know what the story is E13.gif Should get here this week I am hoping
_sluimers_
Basic Member
Basic Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm crazy, but I got one. laugh.gif
Reason I bought it, is because there's no arcade near my place, but I do play ddr at night with friends on soft pads, so I'm quite used to soft pads.
After buying a really crappy plastic platform and a crappy tx1000, I came to the conclusion that anything with buttons was bad and noisy.
I'd like to dance on the gound more than dropping my feet on some buttons.
So anyway..

I just got it, played ten minutes on it and here's what I gotta say:

The worst thing about it, is that it's a lot less sensitive than soft pad.
I need to put my full weight on it like a tx1000. Grrrrrr.

I'm really hoping someone can point me out wether modding can make a pad more sensitive than this. I can't take this kind of insensitiveness. Now I can't even finish 3-footers instead of 8's.
I've never modded, but sure wold like to try now.

Another thing is, is that I sometimes hear loud cracks when stepping on the left arrow.
It doesn't feel like anything is about to break fortunately.

I still feel like I'm stepping on something, it feels like the metal sheet bends just a tiny little bit when I put my weight on it. Like a millimeter or something.

And I can't take this thing apart frust.gifE12.gif.
I took out the screws on te sides, but nothing happens and reading the Product Description's line: "You will not have to replace the arrows nor can you remove anything" worries me.

There is a good thing about it and that is that it makes little noise.

And yes, the graphics on the sheet metal would scrape off though with some heavy playing.

I would the weight on 40 lbs
_sluimers_
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it back about senstivity. I made this little mistake riiight.gif

It's great mat now. It simply doesn't work the bad way since left.gifright.gif and up.gifdown.gif don't work that way.
Now it's almost as sensitive as a soft pad I would say. E1.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: