Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Mad Catz Beat Pad / Beat Pad Pro
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Mad Catz Beat Pad / Beat Pad Pro Reply with quote

Mad Catz Beat Pad Universal: Link N/A
MSRP: $19.99

Mad Catz Beat Pad Pro: Product Link
MSRP: $34.99

Product Description: Feel the beat and move to the music with the Beat Pad Pro for PS2 and Xbox. The Beat Pad Pro is the next generation dance pad, engineered and specifically designed for intense dancing and fast feet. Want to really tear up the dance floor? You need the Beat Pad Pro.
The Beat Pad Pro includes a new handle and carry case to make carrying and storing the Beat Pad Pro easier. With the built-in expansion slot, you can play online with Xbox Live and plug your communicator into the Beat Pad Pro to talk to your partners and opponents, or save the files on a memory card. Use two Beat Pad Pros side by side and really show off your moves. The Beat Pad Pro gives you the edge on the floor.

Features:
* Includes 4.5 foot Xbox Communicator extension cable
* 10 high performance action pads/buttons
* Designed to work great for all PS2, PS One, Playstation and Xbox dance games
* Includes an expansion slot - Play online and communicate with your friends with Xbox LIVE, or insert a memory card to save your files
* Non-slip bottom material provides both a maximum grip during intense dancing action and added comfort

Note: There are several revisions of this pad on the market, but they're all pretty much the same. The Beat Pad Pro adds the above features to the regular Beat Pad, but otherwise the Beat Pad / Beat Pad Universal / Beat Pad Pro are all the same.

Sentient Mode is capable...

Last edited by Cutriss on Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are previous versions of this pad known as the Beat Pad. As far as I'm aware, the Beat Pad Pro is simply a dual-platform version of the Beat Pad, so I'm using that as the example.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dual platform version is also known as the Beat Pad Universal. So there's one more name for the pile.

PS2 support on it can be a little flaky. When I had mine, I had to power up the PS2 first and then plug in the pad for it to work. Xbox worked great, though.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

As far as I can tell from their webpage, here's the breakdown:

Beat Pad Universal - combines the Beat Pad Xbox and Beat Pad PS/PS2 (to simplify production lines)

Beat Pad Pro - adds an extension cable for the Xbox Live Communicator, and a no-slip surface on the underside of the pad.

Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Beat Pad Pro - adds an extension cable for the Xbox Live Communicator, and a no-slip surface on the underside of the pad.

Ah... I see. The naming is all over the place. In the stores, the packaging for the dual platform is "Universal Beat Pad Pro" and the Xbox only pad is just the "Beat Pad for Xbox". On the Mad Catz site, the UBPP is just called the BPP.

So the original pic above is the Beat Pad Pro/Universal and the pic below is the Beat Pad for Xbox.

And then, the only one left is the PS2 only version.

With the exception of supported platforms, these pads are all nearly identical. The non-slip surface claim is a cruel joke.

I've actually done reviews of two of them, so if there are no objections, I'll just link them: Beat Pad for Xbox and Universal Beat Pad Pro.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
y2kbug90
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made another thread on this but i guess im supposed to post it here:

ive been playing ddr for about 2 weeks already and ive been using a mad catz dance pad. my friend told me that his ps2 controller doesnt work on his ps2 anymore and he told me that our other friend's ps2 controller broke too. theyve both been playing a few months more than me. im wondering if this would happen to me too if i keep using the mad catz dance pad. (i have a regular mad catz beat pad not the pro or universal if it matters)
View users profile Send private message
ZealousDemon
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first pad.

Don't get it.

Sensors can slowly move around so that you can step within the bounds of the button, but the step won't register because the sensor is several inches from its previous position. My pad died within only a couple weeks of use this way.

Only buy this pad if you are unsure whether or not you'll be playing DDR a good period of time. This pad is a peice of crap.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
y2kbug90
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh i bought this pad from a friend with ddrmax2 for 30$ he only used them for like a week so they are pretty much new. i taped the mad catz to a 2 inch thick wooden board and it works fine. anyways i meant in my previous post that the unlicensed dance pads would mess up your ps2 and the ps2 controllers wouldnt work. my friend said this happened to him and im wondering if it is true.
Molobolo
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh The Beat Pad from Mad Catz...My First Dance Pad ever lol..I bought the game and that pad...Since i was new to the game the pad was perfectly for me..but once i got to the harder songs...It was preety hard keeping that freaking pad from moving all the time laugh.gif Been playing for 2 months and im a 9 footer...Thanks Bead pad...lol WTF E19.gif
Mr_Blasty
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modded a beat pad pro and it died. QUICK! i got it cause i had $100 store credit and it was the only one they had. Stick to regular Mad Katz pads. They may be bad compared to other pads but you get what you pay for.
BAG=A (BAG AA with 1.5 speed mod)
SAKURA=A
Paranoia Survivor=C
Paranoia Survivor MAX=D
The Legend of Max=C
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoloBolo wrote:
Ahh The Beat Pad from Mad Catz...My First Dance Pad ever lol..I bought the game and that pad...Since i was new to the game the pad was perfectly for me..but once i got to the harder songs...It was preety hard keeping that freaking pad from moving all the time laugh.gif Been playing for 2 months and im a 9 footer...Thanks Bead pad...lol WTF E19.gif

Yeah, same for me. My first pad, argh - how naive I was to buy this piece of crap.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Molobolo
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe I moved on to the Red Octane Metal Pad...I had the Red Octane Ignition pad before that ( I say the best pad worth the money)
SystemProjeKted
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one it didn't work. now i have to take it back...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
TedHead
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also should be noted that this pad is NOT compatible with the EMS USB adapter...
GeeForce
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoloBolo wrote:
I had the Red Octane Ignition pad before that ( I say the best pad worth the money)

Seconded. If you think you are going to be playing for any amount of time, or going on to harder songs, just skip the Beat Pad and go with the Ignition. It is incredibly good. 4-5 months now, no problems, just plenty of 8-9 foot As and AAs. E13.gif

Tassadar wrote:
MinsiKid wrote:
is just a good feeling.

Have you considered heroin?
DDRdre
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Had that pad.... It died in 10 DAYS!! and i was on standard back then. My dad went back but the store warranty was 7 days but luckily my dad "convinced" them to refund me.
Molobolo
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyMAX2nut wrote:
MoloBolo wrote:
I had the Red Octane Ignition pad before that ( I say the best pad worth the money)

Seconded. If you think you are going to be playing for any amount of time, or going on to harder songs, just skip the Beat Pad and go with the Ignition. It is incredibly good. 4-5 months now, no problems, just plenty of 8-9 foot As and AAs. E13.gif

laugh.gif At that time I didnt even know about metal pads and ignition pads, I just got instrested into playing when my friend had it, I just took the first pad i can find (beat pad pro) but the pad lasted a while, i started playing July 24, and im a 7-9 footer, laugh.gif The pad broke some where at the end of august, yeah its a peice of crap riiight.gif
Megaman21xl
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'v had mine for a while now but I have a question. Do you think that I tear apart my pad, take the wires and just built a metal one? It still works fine.

If its not clean, its dirty.
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megaman21xl wrote:
I'v had mine for a while now but I have a question. Do you think that I tear apart my pad, take the wires and just built a metal one? It still works fine.

You can do that if you know how. =P I know that's what some guy on this forums did when I sold him my MadCatZ.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
billedoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lol this was my first pad too, i have a neighbor that got this pad for free and since he doesnt have ddr he just leaves the pad at my house, so i have a level six pad and this pad and wow its pretty weird, this pad is so old (5 months) and ive folded it so much and it still works!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: