Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dancing Monkeys: Automatically Generate step files for DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyRolla007
Basic Member
Basic Member

200. PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i just downloaded Dancing monkeys that other day and i keep getting this error witl Lame

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>"C:\program files\stepmania cvs\monkeys\bin\win3
2\dancingmonkeys.exe" "C:\Program Files\StepMania CVS\Dirrty.mp3" 3 5 9 "C:\prog
ram files\stepMania CVS\songs\groupfloder"
ERROR: Unable to find LAME mp3 decoder.

EXITING

Can any one help me
View users profile Send private message
zeno
Trick Member
Trick Member

201. PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl are you coding this thing solo? O_o
epixx
Basic Member
Basic Member

202. PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the program a few days ago, was getting the FID error so I downloaded the frontend program and it fixed the problem. I've allready converted almost 100 songs. Just a few suggestions on this allready very useful program:

1. Remove the 'pause' finder, the program seems to pick up and calculate pauses to easy, on some songs I tried there was numerous pauses, some almost 10 seconds long. Removing the pause finder I think would be the best option.

2. Add a 'batch' feature, I've converted almost 100 songs each by individually opening them in the front end. Being able to add more than one song, a directory, or even a winamp playlist to the program and let the songs queue would be a VERY nice feature, I'd love to insert 30+ songs at night, and wake up in the morning and have all the songs coverted.

3. Length of songs are too short, every song I have put in averages about 1 minute 45 seconds. If this program would be able to map the full song instead of just the first 1:45 it would be nice. Most songs are atleast 3 minutes, and many are 5 minutes. 1:45 just seems to short.

4. Conversion time is pretty high, not really sure if this is fixable or not, but on my 2ghz amd, 512mb ram, it takes about 500 seconds on average to convert one song. Being able to convert faster would be great.

Other than that, this program is great. Please keep updating the program and posting it. Thanks!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
pags
Trick Member
Trick Member

203. PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the program to work. Ever since I got Stepmania, I've been searching and searching for some Linkin Park songs. Well, no need to search any longer. I've already converted a few, and all but one is REAL good. Even though they are 9 feet, when you play them, it doesn't seem that way. Some songs could use some 1/16th notes or more difficult notes to give it a different style other than the 1/4th notes it always uses.

I'd like to host these songs cause I think they are pretty good. I think I'm gonna edit some of the steps for the songs that don't come out how I would like them to. Stepmania has that step editor, so it should be easy.

Does anyone here think they would be able to host a few of these? Each song (.wav + dwi and sm) is about 16 mb goog.gif (wow I love that face).
epixx
Basic Member
Basic Member

204. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pags, you can replace the .wav files with the original .mp3 files to save some space, I do it with all my converted songs and it works great.
Verified
Trick Member
Trick Member

205. PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus you can delete the old steps to put in some brand-spanking new ones, maybe you can add all the cool things you were talking about, DM's steps sux0rs
Trick Member
Trick Member

206. PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1:45 is an average DDR-length stage, but all too often; the stage ends halfway through a chorus. x_x Here's how I started using it lately:

1. Convert a group of 10-or-so songs to Mono WAV files yourself. Takes half of the wait-time out of the DM run.

2. Trim out some of the startup... this is probably where half of the "cannot find BPM confidently" errors occur. Get right into the heart of the song. (Note, that doing this keeps the OG from working, however.)

3. Run the program. Note that the path for the file must be in " "s if any name is over 8 letters long or has spaces in it. Never do L1 difficulties, L2's suffice with L1 steps, IMHO.

4. Go to "Output", replace the first 8-16 steps with "0"s. Nothing sucks like playing random Oni Mode with steps already at the top to start with. Fix up stuff there. If you want a slower 1/16-step stage, half the tempo; and surround the set in ( )s. If you want a fast file, type 0's between every space (hit ">", "0", ">"...) and double the BPM.

5. Play it first; then picture touch-ups you could do to the sets. Apply the touch-ups in the spots they're best suited to. (1/16s go best during jack-hammers, IMHO.) Also, you can copy the sets, do different touch-ups for each type, and make SOLO/DOUBLE sets yourself, that way. Don't forget to trim out the fading end/last incomplete verse; and make a big climatic finish.

6. Batch-convert the outputted WAV files back to MP3 format. (move them up 1 dir, batch-convert them, move them back.) Ask a comp-artist for BG's and Banners. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
ihatefakes
Basic Member
Basic Member

207. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if this was already answered, but it keeps telling me this:

Code:
Foot Rating: 5
Foot Rating: 7
ERROR: Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

EXITING
ihatefakes
Basic Member
Basic Member

208. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haddigan wrote:
sorry if this was already answered, but it keeps telling me this:

Code:
Foot Rating: 5
Foot Rating: 7
ERROR: Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

EXITING

alright nevermind that, i got it to work, very cool program
spacepirate
Basic Member
Basic Member

209. PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pags if you replace the wav with the original mp3 than i can host your songs on my freeserver for you. I have 100 MB of space.
"I only play games that are popular, I only buy the games the magazines tell me to buy! That way I know I get good games for sure, I may have a shallow mind, but you can kiss my behind!" Excerpt from Final Fantasy Tribute: Chocobo Voice at http://www.legendaryfrog.com
SAKURA13
Basic Member
Basic Member

210. PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this has probably already been posted, but i have a problem. When i try to dl DM i can't find an installer. my question is does this app only run on windows or is there a different problem because i use OSX.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Sbarro's Daddy
Trick Member
Trick Member

211. PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAKURA13 wrote:
my question is does this app only run on windows or is there a different problem because i use OSX.

it only runs on windows
Zer0-Ni
Basic Member
Basic Member

212. PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" 'desktop\dancing' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
I followed the instructions on the home page exactly...help please?
Sbarro's Daddy
Trick Member
Trick Member

213. PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zer0-Ni wrote:
" 'desktop\dancing' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
I followed the instructions on the home page exactly...help please?

You have to put double quotes around a file or directory name that contains spaces, otherwise Windows just sees the first word, i.e. Dancing instead of "Dancing Monkeys".
Zer0-Ni
Basic Member
Basic Member

214. PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I have no idea how to use command prompt, so the instructions are confusing to me....if someone could -paste EXACTLY what to type to open up dacningmonkeys.exe that'd be great.
Sbarro's Daddy
Trick Member
Trick Member

215. PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zer0-Ni wrote:
Look, I have no idea how to use command prompt

And...I was supposed to know that ahead of time how?

Zer0-Ni wrote:
if someone could -paste EXACTLY what to type to open up dacningmonkeys.exe that'd be great.

If you don't know how to use the command prompt, then someone telling you exactly what to type won't do shit. Go back through this thread, find the front end someone created, and use that. And stop being lazy; you're not even trying to get it to work.
Zer0-Ni
Basic Member
Basic Member

216. PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alriiight, I can startup the .exe file now, but whenever I try to type in the mp3 I want to make steps for, it says it's unable to locate it, despite the fact I have the location down pat. Anyone else get this error?
Nightime
Trick Member
Trick Member

217. PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zer0-Ni wrote:
Alriiight, I can startup the .exe file now, but whenever I try to type in the mp3 I want to make steps for, it says it's unable to locate it, despite the fact I have the location down pat. Anyone else get this error?

Use "quotation marks" around the pathname. If you type a space, the part before it becomes "the file" it looks for. E13.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Home Slice
Basic Member
Basic Member

218. PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've made it to dos and now I don't know what to do is says
c:\Documents and settings\(My Mom's name)>
The folder is currently in C:\Program Files\StepMania CVS\Songs
Thanks for the help
Kiyoshi Meka
Trick Member
Trick Member

219. PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a mac version. E4.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 11 of 23

Jump to: