Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Injuries/Pain Playing DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halo001
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been injured playing DDR. I NEVER play barefoot or on cheap pads nono.gif
isthisusernamedisallowed
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the front top part of my left foot hurts after playing for a while. especially on tsugaru w/ all the bouncing.

will damage my pad to where shoes on it? cuz i normally play in socks. It's a soft pad with a 1 inch foam insert by mymybox.
View users profile Send private message
Bubblegum
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day I did every song ( in workout mode) and I had this horribile hurting pain in my shoulder! Or how My feet get really heavy on me and I don't want to walk.
Disillusioned
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that happens to me is I get sore quads and calf (sp?) muscles.
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while freestyling in the arcade some stupid peoples who were older then me through a shoe(a big skateboarding shoe) at me right when i was turning around and it hit me in the nuts. i then fell off in pain and hit my head on another machine. i had to get stitches for my head disgust.gif
Atomsk255
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busted up ankles, always. I always find some way in order to blame them on something else so I can continue playing DDR.
View users profile Send private message
darkhour
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their was this one time at home where I was practicing a routine. At the end I topped it off with a handstand, while doing this, I lost control and tumbled into my closet.

Was not fun.
View users profile Send private message Send email
BandGeekGirl
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have gotten blisters on my feet (gross goog.gif ) but thats about it.. i play on my toes as well just because..
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
robotfactory
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i remember this guy at the arcade with a loud, annoying voice who tried to leap-frog over the bar and hit his.. stuff. it was the funniest thing ive ever seen at the arcade, mostly because he was annoying. some people were chanting for him to do it again, lol.

for me, nothing besides sore feet.
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was the winter and my feet where wet i sliped and twisted my foot.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
goodtimesddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes get sore legs after playing a vigorous session of DDR. What happens the most though is those dam stomach cramps!!!!
pidgezero_one
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had any serious injuries before, but I've fallen off the arcade machines a few embarrassing times. Also I tend to pull muscles while playing. This is because before I started playing 3 months ago, I was freakishly out of shape (which DDR has helped me improve upon, I don't pull muscles as easily now), and it was painful, to say the least.. nothing that didn't recover easily though. As my friend says, "In DDR you pull muscles you never knew you had before."
penguin334
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I have shin splints form all the running we do in football practice. It hurts a little while I play, but once I stop, I can barely walk. So, I don't play much now. I will start again once it heals.

-yoshi
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Untouchable
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Injuries/Pain Playing DDR Reply with quote

danger_boy wrote:
SHARE YOUR DDR INJURIES... IF ANY>> (ie falling ect.)

I've never fallen off of a DDR pad, but I have had my share of minor injuries. One time I cut up my knees doing knee drops. I've also gotten 2 charlie horses and left an arcade with blisters, etc.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DDRguyKAOS
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoolander101 wrote:
while freestyling in the arcade some stupid peoples who were older then me through a shoe(a big skateboarding shoe) at me right when i was turning around and it hit me in the nuts. i then fell off in pain and hit my head on another machine. i had to get stitches for my head disgust.gif

thats f***n beat... thats probably the most ignorant thing ive heard of somebody doing

I heard that excercise is healthy if you can hold a conversation afterwards. Sometimes I push myself really hard to the point of gasping and having to lay down. I figure I will get used to it and my body will eventually adjust.
brie84
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this has nothing to do with ddr...but it does keep me from playing...my heart is acting weird. I had a heart moniter on for 24 hours...but till I find out whats wrong...I'm stuck playing on my controller. So this sucks for me...and I'm out of work till I get a note to go back...so now I'm stuck at home...no money, and I can't play my game...damn this sucks frown.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
aperfectfailure
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled the muscles in my calves. Yeah. They were so sore I could barely walk.
me: -wakes up, gets out of bed, and promptly falls on the ground and hits her head on nightstand.-

Yeah, I'm not the most graceful thing. disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PezCat
Basic Member
Basic Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually currently nursing a DDR-related injury. 'bout 8 years ago I tore my ACL and had to have surgery on it, so it's not 100% to begin with, but normally I'm okay. Not this time. While I was playing the other day some middle-school-aged idiots (PLEASE NOTE: I am -not- lumping all middle schoolers as idiots in this statement, just this particular batch of giggling dolts) kept poinging around like ferrets on too much sugar, to the point where they were interfering in my steps by crossing over to the side I was playing on while their buddies were laughing like stoned hyenas. They weren't even shadowing, they were just jumping around like morons.

Anyway, as I was doing Cartoon Heroes on Standard, I made a jump from the left side of the pad to the right side (I was on the left pad), and the jerk crossed over again. I shifted to avoid landing on him and sprained my bad knee. So now I'm not going to be playing at least until sometime next week.

That band of brats suddenly thought it was a lot less funny.

I want it to be next week so I'm well enough to play again.

PezCat
Rara
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone who ever gets blisters - it's more than likely from your shoes. I used to get the most painful blisters on my right foot, but my parents took me out to buy some good quality athletic shoes, and I haven't gotten anything since. It's seriously worth a shot.

Other than that, I've accidently made myself physically sick before by not warming up before launching myself into a hard set to whore out for a crowd. I really regretted that - I had severe pains in the right side of my ribcage, I had over worked just my right leg and could barely walk, and I was at the verge of throwing up. Not too fun. :(
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: